Your Day Today!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Done nowt.....been nowhere....just a normal (boring) day.

Pension €10 lighter this month.......the Pound seems to be dropping again! :classic_angry:

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

Pension €10 lighter this month.......the Pound seems to be dropping again! :classic_angry:

Get mine next week, it still the same amount (obviously) but buys less and less at the shops.

Prices still rising, we get much less for our weekly budgeted amount.......winter is going to be a struggle we think.

Shaking In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All you do is badmouth the UK, maybe it’s you finally having an effect on the currency markets…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Pedro said:

All you do is badmouth the UK, maybe it’s you finally having an effect on the currency markets…

It's a consequence of understanding data Pedro!

But I'm confident that things are going to turn around for the country next year!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Clive said:

Get mine next week, it still the same amount (obviously) but buys less and less at the shops.

Prices still rising, we get much less for our weekly budgeted amount.......winter is going to be a struggle we think.

Shaking In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

That’s not nice, hope things improve.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

That’s not nice, hope things improve.

Very doubtful @Pedro....we live frugally.......we manage to pay bills now,  but of course the gas and electric bills will rise by a large amount in the winter, and we do not have the financial leeway to accommodate such a rise.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Clive said:

Very doubtful @Pedro....we live frugally.......we manage to pay bills now,  but of course the gas and electric bills will rise by a large amount in the winter, and we do not have the financial leeway to accommodate such a rise.

A change is gonna come Clive!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I've just had to renew my driving licence as you have to do it every 10 years and at the end of the lengthy online form they asked for £14.00 for the privilege.  What a rip off this photocard licence is , how do they justify charging you £14.00 every 10 years when your details are probably no different .

The Wire Bullshit GIF by Giphy QA

I don’t have a photo-card licence still holding onto the old paper one for as long as I can. There’s no photo on it so no need to update it every ten years 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's a consequence of understanding data Pedro!

But I'm confident that things are going to turn around for the country next year!

you think .. 

29seuw.jpg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don’t have a photo-card licence still holding onto the old paper one for as long as I can. There’s no photo on it so no need to update it every ten years 

I still have mine but also the photo card. When I got my last speeding fine I was told the old ones were obsolete.

Lord Google says, 
If yours was issued before 1998 and you only have a paper licence, it is still valid so keep it safe and away from the bin.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Clive said:

Got the leeching kids coming in the morning......after money for food.......All I can say to them is....

get a job hackers GIF

Lazy twats. 😡 

Probably too late now but you should go for a walk and a coffee/tea until they're gone ................

Sad Hurry Up GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I still have mine but also the photo card. When I got my last speeding fine I was told the old ones were obsolete.

Lord Google says, 
If yours was issued before 1998 and you only have a paper licence, it is still valid so keep it safe and away from the bin.

I have a few photocopies and a scan of it, the wife has hers as well, mine is falling apart but it doesn’t need to be produced anymore as everything is on line so the wear and tear is greatly reduced 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Probably too late now but you should go for a walk and a coffee/tea until they're gone ................

Sad Hurry Up GIF

It's a difficult situation with your kids!

As you know I was caught up in it for a year, and we estimate that we put around €6-7K in to get our boy in a position to actually move forward with his life.

As well as the dosh we paid a high price! The bitch gave us Covid, then that flu that caused my Hernia, and damaged our fucking car. Not to mention the stress and emotional upset she caused.

However, he did step up and get that job in Madrid (€30k+ a year) and apparently the fat munter has now got a part time job as well. On top of that, the boys have now got places in the same school and seem to be settling in!

So it actually achieved something after all that trauma......because he did his bit.

However, if he was like @Clive's boy who won't even try to help himself, it's highly unlikely we'd have done what we did.

My way of thinking is give them all the help you can when they need it. But unless they're willing to take steps to get themselves out of the mess they've created, you can't go on like that forever because the real problem isn't being addressed.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sad Hurry Up GIF

They would camp on the doorstep waiting for us to return, which they did, they took our money and buggered off to Aldi.

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's a difficult situation with your kids!

As you know I was caught up in it for a year, and we estimate that we put around €6-7K in to get our boy in a position to actually move forward with his life.

As well as the dosh we paid a high price! The bitch gave us Covid, then that flu that caused my Hernia, and damaged our fucking car. Not to mention the stress and emotional upset she caused.

However, he did step up and get that job in Madrid (€30k+ a year) and apparently the fat munter has now got a part time job as well. On top of that, the boys have now got places in the same school and seem to be settling in!

So it actually achieved something after all that trauma......because he did his bit.

However, if he was like @Clive's boy who won't even try to help himself, it's highly unlikely we'd have done what we did.

My way of thinking is give them all the help you can when they need it. But unless they're willing to take steps to get themselves out of the mess they've created, you can't go on like that forever because the real problem isn't being addressed.

It is every month they ask for food money, daughter in law does have a part time cleaning job, my son 🤔 seems to be a bed tester.

It use to be the week before she got paid, then it was 2 weeks before she got paid........this time it is almost 3 weeks before she gets paid.

My daughter loaned £1000 for her Pugshite repairs, got that back the following week, but she works 5, 6 or 7 days per week, do not mind helping her out because she and her hubby are doing all they can to keep their heads above water.

My son?....been like this for years,  doubt he will change his ways now.

If it was not for our burial savings we would have to say to them  "Sorry, can't help you"

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

but she works 5, 6 or 7 days per week, do not mind helping her out because she and her hubby are doing all they can to keep their heads above water.

What job has your son in law got Clive?

Just now, XTreme said:

He works in he catering department at our local hospital, he is responsible for allocating everything to feed the staff and patients, quite a responsible job, but his wage does not reflect the position and responsibility he holds.

• Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

He works in he catering department at our local hospital, he is responsible for allocating everything to feed the staff and patients, quite a responsible job, but his wage does not reflect the position and responsibility he holds.

Both working and still struggling? It's not right is it?

As for Pensions....."the most generous pension system is in Spain, where pensioners receiving the maximum State Pension have an income of €2,617.53 per month (£2,287.24). Spain also has low living costs, so pensioners can expect a comfortable retirement with pension income at a whopping 407.40% over the breakeven point."

I know a few guys who retired around the time I started receiving my Pension, and they can't believe how little British Pensioners get.

They're loving their retirement, and I haven't come across any who've had to continue working as I did.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

18 minutes ago, Clive said:

he could nick food from work then .

• Haha 2