Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just changed my insurance over to the Hornet, getting a little excited now.  Picking it up at 10:00 am tomorrow.  👍

you cant beat that new bike buzz

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What prompted the change Saul? 

I wanted something faster really.  I have given up on the idea of regular commuting as I just wasn't using the CB500 enough for that purpose and that was a big factor in choosing it.  Without the limitation of economy I thought I would like something a little more fun.  I tried several bikes (sat on rather than rode) and thought about many more but I came to the conclusion that I liked the physical size and weight of the CB500, the Hornet is near identical in both of those aspects with nearly double the power plus some tech to play, so a no brainer as it was within my budget.   I do like a Honda, especially a new one made in Japan. Close run second choices were a 2021 Triumph Tiger 660 and a really nice fully loaded second hand CBF1000.   Triumph Plymouth made sure the Tiger was a not a choice, I will never darken their door again, and the CBF was just to heavy.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

I wanted something faster really.  I have given up on the idea of regular commuting as I just wasn't using the CB500 enough for that purpose and that was a big factor in choosing it.  Without the limitation of economy I thought I would like something a little more fun.  I tried several bikes (sat on rather than rode) and thought about many more but I came to the conclusion that I liked the physical size and weight of the CB500, the Hornet is near identical in both of those aspects with nearly double the power plus some tech to play, so a no brainer as it was within my budget.   I do like a Honda, especially a new one made in Japan. Close run second choices were a 2021 Triumph Tiger 660 and a really nice fully loaded second hand CBF1000.   Triumph Plymouth made sure the Tiger was a not a choice, I will never darken their door again, and the CBF was just to heavy.  

A bike for fun times then. My favourite kind of bike. Not saying the more power you have the more fun it is but yer thats exactly what I'm saying 😆

So this is the third bike in just a year, keep this up and you'll overtake Pete in how many bikes you've owned 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A bike for fun times then. My favourite kind of bike. Not saying the more power you have the more fun it is but yer thats exactly what I'm saying 😆

So this is the third bike in just a year, keep this up and you'll overtake Pete in how many bikes you've owned 🤣

I have actually bought 4 bikes from Damerells in a year including my boys scoot.  I went up their on Tuesday and the salesman hugged me 😳🤣.  To be fair they made the best trade in offer to, which helped.  🙂.  Think I will have to keep the Hornet for awhile as the Mrs raised an eyebrow this time, plus I think this one will be a keeper.   I have actually narrowed down what I want a bike for now, rather than trying to find a job for a bike, if that makes any sense.  As you can tell I am prone to over thinking things.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have actually bought 4 bikes from Damerells in a year including my boys scoot.  I went up their on Tuesday and the salesman hugged me 😳🤣.  To be fair they made the best trade in offer to, which helped.  🙂.  Think I will have to keep the Hornet for awhile as the Mrs raised an eyebrow this time, plus I think this one will be a keeper.   I have actually narrowed down what I want a bike for now, rather than trying to find a job for a bike, if that makes any sense.  As you can tell I am prone to over thinking things.  🤣

Takes a minute or two to narrow down what you want out of a bike doesn't it. 

But the answers often more power 😆

Quite bored with the Himalayan now just because of it's lack of power on an overtake. Thing is whilst I'm fond of it I'm really not bothered about leaving it exposed to the elements in airport parking and it's simple enough that with YouTubes help I can fix most problems myself. 

Considered bringing the Bandit out here but they have a reputation for tatty paintwork and mines in excellent nick so I'd spend too much time wondering if the Spanish sun and desert sands were battering it to pieces!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

New stair carpet, just the start of the new bike penance.   🙁

IMG_0669.thumb.jpeg.c6a6fc8b45b75d9e9aa1deffed5d641c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Takes a minute or two to narrow down what you want out of a bike doesn't it. 

But the answers often more power 😆

Quite bored with the Himalayan now just because of it's lack of power on an overtake. Thing is whilst I'm fond of it I'm really not bothered about leaving it exposed to the elements in airport parking and it's simple enough that with YouTubes help I can fix most problems myself. 

Considered bringing the Bandit out here but they have a reputation for tatty paintwork and mines in excellent nick so I'd spend too much time wondering if the Spanish sun and desert sands were battering it to pieces!

I still think fondly of my Himalayan and can see me having another to play with in the distant future.  

• Like 3