Your Day Today!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How did a Spanish company get that gig?

This is a EU funded project, my brother works for a company building bridges like this and it is in south wales. You tell me how the Spanish got it because it beats the shit out of me they don't even have a base in the UK
This is them
https://www.fccco.com/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What work were you doing on that site  Fred ?

I'm doing a condition report on the electrical installation on three of their site compounds, up Dowlais top tomorrow its an easy gig 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 21:16, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If it’s only dark chocolate that does it thats dandy. You’re literally colouring your innards with cocoa 😆

Beetroot is the best one for frightening people 😆

I've been left unsupervised as the wife is in Bristol with the boy, their both going to a gig to see wasp i think, anyway enough about them look what i found stashed, i had to eat a packet of pink wafer biscuits before i spotted the chocolate the larger is to thin things out in the morning :classic_laugh:

!cid_BFCF4C55-6A01-495B-9D3A-166E51DB683F.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've been left unsupervised as the wife is in Bristol with the boy, their both going to a gig to see wasp i think, anyway enough about them look what i found stashed, i had to eat a packet of pink wafer biscuits before i spotted the chocolate the larger is to thin things out in the morning :classic_laugh:

!cid_BFCF4C55-6A01-495B-9D3A-166E51DB683F.jpg

couldn't drink beer and eat chocolate at the same time ...makes the beer taste funny.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

couldn't drink beer and eat chocolate at the same time ...makes the beer taste funny.... 

I ate the chocolate and then opened the beer to wash it down i know what you mean together don't work :littleguy:

• Like 1

I’m watching a tv program on UFO’s, very convincing, it’s unfortunate that they are always filmed by people that are unable to focus their cameras. The special guests are fucktards totally believable. They remind me of someone.

• Haha 4

Just got back from the funeral of my friend Jackie. If anyone is old enough to remember when the Rusty Sprocket rally was on and Cupid I think it was, organised some off roading at the same time, she was the girl who ended up in casualty with broken ribs. I was safely tucked up in my hospital bed on the stroke ward at the time and so missed the rally and the off roading.

I've known Jackie since about 1990 when she leapt off the pavement at a set of traffic lights I was sat at on my bike and she handed me a flyer for her bike club's Christmas Party. They did the last ever party this year, the 40th one as well, she'd helped organise nearly every one apart from once when she was on the operating table having a large section of bowel removed. Her bike club went to a lot of the same rallies as my bike club and later she joined the TRF as well and so we went trail riding together many times and she beat me in the Cambrian Rally once.

She got breast cancer in 2010, fought it off, got it back again, fought it off, then bowel cancer and we thought she'd fought that off as well, but she was told at Christmas that it had spread and there was no more they could do. In October last year she saw me struggling at the GPO rally with my tent, trying to put it up in a hurricane. She held the middle of the tent up whilst I and a few others frantically tried to put the pegs in and pull it tight. She turned up in the rally tent with her husband Shaun and the rest of her club all wearing bacofoil 1980 style tracksuits, leaping about like a mad thing.

When I and two others were being threatened with a lawsuit for trespass in Hertfordshire in about 2000, we didn't know if the TRF would fund our case and we faced having to sell homes if we went to court (50k costs in the end, reduced from 70). She actually offered us her savings to help out. Apart from her crash whilst trail riding in Wales, she also managed to crash a bike in Germany whilst riding at 120mph, came out almost unscathed from that. That was mentioned at the funeral, her parents, who are still alive have never been told how fast she was going.

She was only 61 when she passed away.

image.png.49fc9d13692a910d1299515b9f6420cc.png

image.png.492d7069f6f2a281fa043a0373f81ca4.png

image.png.99de3626fac704d5d62a171e53f489a2.png

20221008_193900.jpg

337232487_682539770541129_2779756435152446367_n.jpg

• Sad 7

6 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Just got back from the funeral of my friend Jackie. If anyone is old enough to remember when the Rusty Sprocket rally was on and Cupid I think it was, organised some off roading at the same time, she was the girl who ended up in casualty with broken ribs. I was safely tucked up in my hospital bed on the stroke ward at the time and so missed the rally and the off roading.

I've known Jackie since about 1990 when she leapt off the pavement at a set of traffic lights I was sat at on my bike and she handed me a flyer for her bike club's Christmas Party. They did the last ever party this year, the 40th one as well, she'd helped organise nearly every one apart from once when she was on the operating table having a large section of bowel removed. Her bike club went to a lot of the same rallies as my bike club and later she joined the TRF as well and so we went trail riding together many times and she beat me in the Cambrian Rally once.

She got breast cancer in 2010, fought it off, got it back again, fought it off, then bowel cancer and we thought she'd fought that off as well, but she was told at Christmas that it had spread and there was no more they could do. In October last year she saw me struggling at the GPO rally with my tent, trying to put it up in a hurricane. She held the middle of the tent up whilst I and a few others frantically tried to put the pegs in and pull it tight. She turned up in the rally tent with her husband Shaun and the rest of her club all wearing bacofoil 1980 style tracksuits, leaping about like a mad thing.

When I and two others were being threatened with a lawsuit for trespass in Hertfordshire in about 2000, we didn't know if the TRF would fund our case and we faced having to sell homes if we went to court (50k costs in the end, reduced from 70). She actually offered us her savings to help out. Apart from her crash whilst trail riding in Wales, she also managed to crash a bike in Germany whilst riding at 120mph, came out almost unscathed from that. That was mentioned at the funeral, her parents, who are still alive have never been told how fast she was going.

20221008_193900.jpg

Some nice memories of your friend there Yen 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

20221008_193900.jpg

Crikey Yen. 

Thats touching. 

Sounds like someone I would and everyone did enjoy knowing. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

South Eastern Poland......which is an extremely right wing, racist, and homophobic region controlled by the criminal cartel known as the Catholic Church.

Sounds like heaven. I may have to move.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

20221008_193900.jpg

She sounds an incredible woman Yen!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How are they still funding stuff there?

The project was started in 2002 and the completion date is supposed to be 2025 Anything funded by the EU that started before Brexit will be completed as the money was already allocated or something like that, Sections 1 to 4 from Gilwern to Merthyr  was completed about 2 years ago this is sections 5 and 6 which is from Merthyr to Hirwaun the final phase

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

20221008_193900.jpg

Really sorry to hear that Ian, she sounds like a proper character .  RIP Jackie

• Like 2

In other news, when I got home this evening (in the pissing rain) I put the bike up on my ramp and changed the rear drive oil. I gave the bike a quick once over and checked out the front brake pads with my little torch and the buggers still haven't worn out. The bike has nearly 29,000 miles on it now and they are the same ones from new. I think I'll take the calipers off tomorrow and give the pistons a clean and coat them in gloop now we are hopefully the right side of winter. Might as well do the back one at the same time, that is on its second set of pads, although they are still relatively new  and have only done 14,000 miles. First MOT in September, it's been nice not worrying about sorting that for the last few years.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

In other news, when I got home this evening (in the pissing rain) I put the bike up on my ramp and changed the rear drive oil. I gave the bike a quick once over and checked out the front brake pads with my little torch and the buggers still haven't worn out. The bike has nearly 29,000 miles on it now and they are the same ones from new. I think I'll take the calipers off tomorrow and give the pistons a clean and coat them in gloop now we are hopefully the right side of winter. Might as well do the back one at the same time, that is on its second set of pads, although they are still relatively new  and have only done 14,000 miles. First MOT in September, it's been nice not worrying about sorting that for the last few years.

Are the brakes linked on that bike Yen

• Like 2