Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

FFS  !!  I just spent an hour filling in an online form just to get a 'medical practitioner' to phone me.  You can't just phone our doctors and get an appointment anymore .  WTF is going on 

My missus phoned our doctors on Wednesday for an appointment,  we've just been this afternoon and it wasn't an emergency visit,  she just needed a repeat prescription and to ask him about a couple of other things. The health service is being deliberately run down in the UK now and has been for some while!

• Like 4

We got our water bill in the other day, it was eye watering! Still can't work out how we were supposed to use that amount of water! There doesn't appear to be a leak in the supply to the house and we've not got any leaks in the house, so I've no idea where that water has gone!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

13 quid an hour over 60 hrs overtime is 14.50 an hour 30 quid a night out

Not quite what you were hoping for then.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tango said:

We got our water bill in the other day, it was eye watering! Still can't work out how we were supposed to use that amount of water! There doesn't appear to be a leak in the supply to the house and we've not got any leaks in the house, so I've no idea where that water has gone!

I've had a leak between the water meter in my house (which is in the wall by the street), and the house itself. A pipe burst and the only reason I noticed was that it was forming a little puddle, since it was hot Lea the Terrier had a nice refreshing sit on it and didn't want to move away :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Not quite what you were hoping for then.

It's not quite as I was hoping for no, it's 47 miles from home too but my commute is once there and once back a week so it evens out as not too bad

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tango said:

My missus phoned our doctors on Wednesday for an appointment,  we've just been this afternoon and it wasn't an emergency visit,  she just needed a repeat prescription and to ask him about a couple of other things. The health service is being deliberately run down in the UK now and has been for some while!

Well I was quite impressed in the end.  A proper Doctor phoned before midday and he actually listened to me and didn't try to fob me off.  I will be starting a course of Duloxetine next week or even tomorrow if the pharmacy is open and I can make it there.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's not quite as I was hoping for no, it's 47 miles from home too but my commute is once there and once back a week so it evens out as not too bad

Will it be tramping from place to place or have you got a set route ?  What sort of goods are you carrying ?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Is it Leyburn?

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Will it be tramping from place to place or have you got a set route ?  What sort of goods are you carrying ?

It's going to be plant and machinery mainly that is moved, and I'll be all over the place 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Is it Leyburn?

It is Leyburn yeah, may well look to moving closer to there if it goes well up to the 3 month probation period 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

truck close call GIF

Nah won't be any of that shit going on, not unless Buckster comes along in his bus again and tries to run me off the road.

So from Monday I have 2 days of classroom training then I'll be getting 3 days of on the job training then the following week I'll be out on the road.

Finally somewhere that actually looks after it's drivers

• Like 6

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

like it .. planning a blag....  im in 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

It is Leyburn yeah, may well look to moving closer to there if it goes well up to the 3 month probation period 

you in 4 months then ...

cashier-768x510.jpg&ehk=ZQNpEq4XIhSVRNB6

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I’d love to know what words you used to find that picture 

offended danny devito GIF

Asda cashier...." every little helps ", or is that Tesco

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

the film ?

No, it's the actual survivors telling what happened....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Clive said:

No, it's the actual survivors telling what happened....

your in the wrong thread clive you twat ..should be wot you watchin

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

your in the wrong thread clive you twat ..should be wot you watchin

Told you I need my glasses.......but which pair. 🤔 

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

FFS  !!  I just spent an hour filling in an online form just to get a 'medical practitioner' to phone me.  You can't just phone our doctors and get an appointment anymore .  WTF is going on 

When i had that pain in my shoulder and arm i couldn't get an appointment on the phone the wife said just go down there at opening time so i did i was in and out in half hour total waste of time for everyone though because the pain disappeared a few days later on its own   

• Haha 3

My doctor still practice's at our local surgery.........but I have not seen him for around 5 years, I always seem to get the locum doctor, bet my original doctor is old and grey now, or bald. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1