Your Day Today!

XTreme

Just now, XTreme said:

I wouldn't sell that to get that basket case Sinnis!

After tonight's run I have decided to keep the scoot......did not fancy a trip to Wolverhampton anyway, they talk really funny down there. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm telling you the legal situation as it currently stands. If you can give me links to support your alternative POV then I'm all ears!

You mentioned the right criteria? Do you know what that is? Well it's investing more than €500,000 in property in order to apply for a Golden Visa!

Has @Six30 got a cool half million laying round? What about you and @busabeast?

If none of you have.......then you won't be moving to Spain and living here in the way that me and @Skippy can. 

Your only option is to work around the 90 day rule like @Slowlycatchymonkey does.

You keep referring to yourself and your situation all the time and we all  know that time has long gone its getting boring. Slowly is stuck on the 90 day rule because she doesn't want to move to Spain permanently so is only a visitor, if she did want to move there permanently she would be one of the ones that could and she probably has the 500k kicking around or could run a business from there. For normal people like me and six we would have to apply to enter the country for work and pay taxes like any other Spanish citizen. All that's changed is you cant move there and bum around anymore same as any other country and that's a good thing. The way your talking there is a total ban on all UK citizens to move to Spain since Brexit and there isn't, you now have to apply and be vetted just like you do with every other country in the world some will meet the criteria and some won't and that's it.

• Like 5

There is also the lesser known ‘Non lucrative visa’ which you can apply for which then leads to residency if you do a number of years. 
That’s simply a visa for people who want to live in the country but won’t be earning anything whilst in the country. It’s designed for people who work from home who could legitimately work from a different base and retired people. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You keep referring to yourself and your situation all the time and we all  know that time has long gone its getting boring. Slowly is stuck on the 90 day rule because she doesn't want to move to Spain permanently so is only a visitor, if she did want to move there permanently she would be one of the ones that could and she probably has the 500k kicking around or could run a business from there. For normal people like me and six we would have to apply to enter the country for work and pay taxes like any other Spanish citizen. All that's changed is you cant move there and bum around anymore same as any other country and that's a good thing. The way your talking there is a total ban on all UK citizens to move to Spain since Brexit and there isn't, you now have to apply and be vetted just like you do with every other country in the world some will meet the criteria and some won't and that's it.

All that's been achieved is the retirement dreams of many Brits to move to Spain, France, Italy etc have been taken away from them. The vetting threshold is far too high for ordinary people.

And it can also cause issues within  families.....look at Bob's situation for example. His missus and his boy could move to Italy if they wanted......but he's going nowhere. He's stuck where he is. Now they may well not ever want to move to Italy.....but that's not the point. He had those rights and now he doesn't. 

If something happened to me......what's going to happen to the wife? She's not just allowed to move to NL as she would have been able to do. If that day arises my boy will sort something out, but it's still going to be an involved process.

None of this affects the rich of course.....nothing ever does. Just working class folks like most of us here are.

• Like 1

I think Fred’s point is it’s not the end of moving to another country fullstop which is how you tend to make it sound every time you bring up Brexit.
There are visa’s and exceptions made like for elderly dependents, the nonlucrative visa or many other solutions that certainly aren’t as easy as waving your EU passport and going where you like but it’s certainly not the end of immigration. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think Fred’s point is it’s not the end of moving to another country fullstop which is how you tend to make it sound every time you bring up Brexit.
There are visa’s and exceptions made like for elderly dependents, the nonlucrative visa or many other solutions that certainly aren’t as easy as waving your EU passport and going where you like but it’s certainly not the end of immigration. 

How many people would want to face that bureaucratic nightmare in Spain though? @Skippy couldn't get round it and that was just to import a bike!

I'm sure it's more efficient in NL, Germany etc......but here? It don't bear thinking about!

It would certainly stop me making the move that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How many people would want to face that bureaucratic nightmare in Spain though? @Skippy couldn't get round it and that was just to import a bike!

I'm sure it's more efficient in NL, Germany etc......but here? It don't bear thinking about!

To be fair Pete the main issue was that to get around it (get an engineer’s report) it was going to cost a couple of thousand euros and I’d only paid £1,500 for the bike in the first place so it didn’t make economic sense.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Be happy then Pete, you’re always complaining about the dross in Brit ghettos and now anyone not willing or able to fill in a form (the expat knuckle draggers you so despise) won’t be coming!  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm telling you the legal situation as it currently stands. If you can give me links to support your alternative POV then I'm all ears!

You mentioned the right criteria? Do you know what that is? Well it's investing more than €500,000 in property in order to apply for a Golden Visa!

Has @Six30 got a cool half million laying round? What about you and @busabeast?

If none of you have.......then you won't be moving to Spain and living here in the way that me and @Skippy can. 

Your only option is to work around the 90 day rule like @Slowlycatchymonkey does.

That will change soon …. Nieghbour 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I do what ever the fuck I like … , I’ll just come over on a dinghy and give your details when I wash up in the shore …

Salobreña's nice I heard!

4 hours ago, busabeast said:

Are you heading in to the northeast?

Name a town, I'm not sure. We'll go to Liverpool and ride through to catch a ferry to the Isle of Man, then catch it back and spend a few days riding around going south again visiting a few of Sofia's friends.

If the weather remains sunny we might go further north to Scotland, but if it turns to rain at the time we won't.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Name a town, I'm not sure. We'll go to Liverpool and ride through to catch a ferry to the Isle of Man, then catch it back and spend a few days riding around going south again visiting a few of Sofia's friends.

If the weather remains sunny we might go further north to Scotland, but if it turns to rain at the time we won't.

Careful, he wants to show you a room.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Lets be having the piratey singing then..

side to side singing GIF by Super Simple

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That's exactly what i'm trying to say thank you @Slowlycatchymonkey 
Pete you followed your dreams and moved to Spain and i admire you for that but when you keep suggesting that we're living in a shit hole and your living the dream and slagging off the UK at every opportunity it just makes it looks like your trying to justify your decision to move there to me, but from where i'm sitting looking in i have it a damn sight better. Now Skippy on the other hand looks like he's living the Spanish dream and enjoying his retirement there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

You see this is another thing i'm going on about, you couldn't of wanted to move to Spain that much because if you really wanted something you would do what you could to get it, like you did getting your boy out of Poland. What it looks like your saying here is though is you moved there because it was easy hence why your trying to justify moving there. I'm just saying :classic_tongue:

• Like 2