Your Day Today!

XTreme

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

I just watched this again Fred......and it's pretty painful to watch.

I don't aspire to be a proficient offroader, and thankfully I know my limitations. I'm not sure some of those guys do though. They keep falling over when they're not even moving! WTF?

If they're novices why aren't they on something like a CRF as one guy was? He must have been pissing himself at those guys struggling with those big bikes.

Something the video don't show is that their going up very steep hill and there are high spots on the ground so if your bike is on one you cant reach the floor like our guy at 7:20 , if they keep at it they will learn what to look out for and get better. But the real problem was the guy that was leading them and planned the route is a good rider he flew up there no problem and didn't realise how green the guys he had with him were, he's taken that lane off the novice route now which is a shame for them because the rest of the lane is real scenic and relatively easy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Something the video don't show is that their going up very steep hill and there are high spots on the ground so if your bike is on one you cant reach the floor like our guy at 7:20 , if they keep at it they will learn what to look out for and get better. But the real problem was the guy that was leading them and planned the route is a good rider he flew up there no problem and didn't realise how green the guys he had with him were, he's taken that lane off the novice route now which is a shame for them because the rest of the lane is real scenic and relatively easy.

Shouldn't they have spaced them out a bit more so everybody got a clear run without somebody else blocking their way?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You just don't read the posts do you :classic_laugh:

Yes I do......and I saw that you stagger them at one minute intervals.

But that didn't seem to be happening there with the other guy organising.

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

Peak District .. for a change , got a new set up for van , all will be revealed 

It’ll be raining then. Wettest few years of my life. 🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🤣🤣

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes I do......and I saw that you stagger them at one minute intervals.

But that didn't seem to be happening there with the other guy organising.

That's why i said that because it was a bit crowded there. Although even if you leave a gap you have no idea whats happening in front until you get there. It only takes one to stop to fuck up you line and on that hill its hard to start off on any bike

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’ll be raining then. Wettest few years of my life. 🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🤣🤣

shut it , always had good weather there , dont curse it for us.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

9C8A1BE9-007A-40F5-AF0D-BC1077E7D05F.thumb.jpeg.2da2c31a75ecc369e8029edd530a79da.jpegF061B4B2-3783-4E0F-B977-40D20C9BDF41.thumb.jpeg.8c8e74fd8a91693651255b15fd045f3b.jpeg

they are parked to close together.... how would you get off the 62 plate bike  with out falling all over the one.

• Haha 1

My boy just rang me to let me know that a severe storm is hitting Amsterdam tomorrow morning......around about the time we're due to get there.

Apparently he thinks there's a possibility our flight will be delayed or even cancelled.

And if it's not, then we're likely to get a lot of turbulence along with a rough landing!

Landing Taking Off GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My boy just rang me to let me know that a severe storm is hitting Amsterdam tomorrow morning......around about the time we're due to get there.

Apparently he thinks there's a possibility our flight will be delayed or even cancelled.

And if it's not, then we're likely to get a lot of turbulence along with a rough landing!

Landing Taking Off GIF

Keep that truss buckled up tight, you don't want anything shifting!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

they are parked to close together.... how would you get off the 62 plate bike  with out falling all over the one.

They are probably chained together, the bikes that is not Bob and his mate 

• Haha 3

Been fiddling with the Beta tonight, after my tunnel outing i thought i'd have a go at fitting some additional lights to improve the candle fitted as standard, picked these up from eBay for 27 quid wanted something small as the bikes output is low

IMG_0542.thumb.JPG.c40113efdc20cea4af1e7a65a447178b.JPG

Nipped out for a spin and have to say i'm impressed

This is the stock light the camera makes everything look better than it is in real life this is a warm yellowish light not white as it looks here

IMG_0530.thumb.JPG.df24fcfc97502e1e7f05cc1d82541ad9.JPG

This is with the LED's on with the standard light as well

IMG_0531.thumb.JPG.9a39fe1bec4fd0b29508ed8a953fb53a.JPG

I had a rip over the mountain and i could see perfectly and the voltage stayed above 14 volts so looks like they will be ok for longer rides in the dark

IMG_0540.thumb.JPG.3d2784c30fd919c2b843bb550f9e0cee.JPG

And this is probably why the cars were flashing me LOL

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.275e2ae679a7a65adaceb166ffbc11ac.JPG

Got to wire them in properly now as i only lashed them in to test them out, the dash is a bit crowded so might have to move things about to fit the switch or might have them come on with the main beam via a relay haven't decided yet.

They are good for the speeds that i do on the beta but on a road bike you would outride them as they don't project very far but very happy with them roll on the winter LOL

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Both could be true or false.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Six30 said:

We couldn’t find a van to park them in 🙄

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

looks like a photoshop to me for the silly thread buckster runs

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Landing Taking Off GIF

And who doesn't like abit of turbulence and a nice rough landing

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Six30 said:

shut it , always had good weather there , dont curse it for us.

It's been pretty wet around that area recently and it's looking set to deteriorate 

News Stop GIF

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's been pretty wet around that area recently and it's looking set to deteriorate 

News Stop GIF

Twat

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

Landing Taking Off GIF

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3