Your Day Today!

XTreme

And on the political front, there's no-one here that has any interest in trying to get into power other than to line their own pockets. Guy fawkes was the man with the plan.

Living on the edge I am.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

And on the political front, there's no-one here that has any interest in trying to get into power other than to line their own pockets. Guy fawkes was the man with the plan.

Living on the edge I am.:classic_laugh:

V For Vendetta 5Th Of November GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey

I just remembered I’ve got this book if you want to borrow it ?

There some good suggested routes in it.

E5D89336-5F32-4189-A0BB-7F4E9AB40D52.thumb.jpeg.06c88a984bdf00cf79065eb8353a8d79.jpeg

That so nice of you thankyou.

But don’t think I’m going to need it this time just because I’m doing the routes for the 4 days we’re taking to get there n back and a mate who lives in the Alps is doing the riding around the Alps bit.

I’ve copy n pasted the pic to my notes for the next time though! Cheers 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

2.8 auto out

IMG_4356copy.thumb.jpg.f06d3e2ca7af5745a5dcc630a2dd59e6.jpg

IMG_4357copy.thumb.jpg.3c7720e1b5cc11bf719bc35a04b4906d.jpg

and 3ltr manual in.

IMG_4358copy.thumb.jpg.a04d502015b0fe424984c49260d94434.jpg

As I said, reconditioned start no workie. All I wanted to do today was see the oil pressure up.
Back tomorrow to get the electronic ignition shite off etc and see that oil pressure come up on the hopefully working starter.
Had a bit of a time getting the gearbox in, after checking and adjusting his clutch aligning all went together.

It's a bloody good shell but previous owner's got someone to respray it the wrong colour with a lovely thick topcoat of orange peel. 

Can't help thinking that a modern day 2ltr would be much lighter and several buckets more power than this over weight engine and box but can't argue with the originality factor, and if I"m honest it's nice to play with some old school stuff.
Talking of which I've been asked to fit a new type electronic ignition to a Norton Commando 850. Took me back a few years when I walked into his shed, nice condition but rose coloured glasses me thinks.   Along with the RD 125, carbs back on and running, not too well yet though.

Nice one @Catteeclan  , that brake line running across the bulkhead is taking an 'interesting' route

IMG_4356copy.thumb.jpg.f06d3e2ca7af5745a5dcc630a2dd59e6.jpg.974a10d4bbbeb1a4bde8ec4b07a69fee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one @Catteeclan  , that brake line running across the bulkhead is taking an 'interesting' route

IMG_4356copy.thumb.jpg.f06d3e2ca7af5745a5dcc630a2dd59e6.jpg.974a10d4bbbeb1a4bde8ec4b07a69fee.jpg

That is the right path but not the neatest for sure. I should slap his wrists as he was my boy at work years ago.

• Haha 2

Went to see my boss today.   Changed my shift pattern.   Only doing one overnight shift a week now picked up some day and evening shifts instead.   Got talked around a bit as I wanted to give up nights completely but he ho happy with my new shift pattern.   

DB282DAF-0E08-421F-93F3-152B8B0D1D8B.jpeg

• Like 7

On my way home I stopped to put my gloves on and wrap up properly for the motorway. I had pulled into a little dead end by the Ragged School Museum just as the rubbish barge went past on the canal. That's a little Oompah Loomper marine dustman balancing on top.

image.png.e648fb8f4ed6a7afdcb02d9409e25f96.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Saul said:

My daughter just pointed this out to me.  Apparently there are 3 schools with pupils rioting at the moment.  😳  Thank goodness Little Bits is home safe with me.  

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/penrice-academy-riot-girl-injured-8185464

Toilet protest !!    have they been taking lessons from the IRA circa 1970's

donald-trump-yes.gif.ab5241329b6e8abcbef24413f9cf840e.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Working on my own today which I like as I only have to think about the work I have to do instead of everyone else’s as well which is good because I need to concentrate when adding to this spaghetti

DFEA2FDC-874A-4718-A8B5-FE634571C9B3.thumb.jpeg.4f58044e04a3a8959f02ff1b806f85f6.jpeg

5DF6E95A-A8AF-4A96-A477-3E1EA2C9FB98.thumb.jpeg.67b911135640f461c909f112b289cda5.jpeg

What happens if you plug the wrong terminal in the wrong hole Fred ?

kids.gif.64678b3596efc822540cc214769b2095.gif

• Haha 1

As I understand it started with the school issuing red cards for the girls to use for toilet breaks when they are on their period.   Which sounds pretty insensitive at best but this was on the Snap chat jungle drums.  Not my girls school but a local one.   

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Saul said:

As I understand it started with the school issuing red cards for the girls to use for toilet breaks when they are on their period.   

To be fair they were probably a bit grumpy already when they got handed the cards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

What happens if you plug the wrong terminal in the wrong hole Fred ?

kids.gif.64678b3596efc822540cc214769b2095.gif

Luckily it doesn't happen very often but when it does my go to replies are, it was like that when i got here or i haven't done anything yet :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Saul said:

My daughter just pointed this out to me.  Apparently there are 3 schools with pupils rioting at the moment.  😳  Thank goodness Little Bits is home safe with me.  

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/penrice-academy-riot-girl-injured-8185464

What the actual fuck. Announce to the class you’re having your period?! How humiliating. 

Riot away. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What the actual fuck. Announce to the class you’re having your period?! How humiliating. 

Riot away. 

It's not like it used to be in your day my daughter talks openly about it and so does all her friends, makes me uncomfortable when she does but that's my problem not her's, although i don't like that red card thing why cant it be blue like the tampon adverts :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's not like it used to be in your day my daughter talks openly about it and so does all her friends, makes me uncomfortable when she does but that's my problem not her's, although i don't like that red card thing why cant it be blue like the tampon adverts :classic_laugh:

So did we when I was at school but thats a whole world away from being obliged to report it. 

There are still plenty of shy teenagers who like to keep themselves to themselves who would die inside. And then theres the opportunity for bullying cos they’re marked out. 

Whatever the justification it’s plain wrong. 

• Like 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So did we when I was at school but thats a whole world away from being obliged to report it. 

There are still plenty of shy teenagers who like to keep themselves to themselves who would die inside. And then theres the opportunity for bullying cos they’re marked out. 

Sorry couldn't help myself  :classic_laugh:
Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

I totally agree with you it's wrong, but i think by the time my daughter is my age the teenagers then will wonder what the fuss was about

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

they should have to wear the red cards pinned to their uniform.... better yet sew it to their lapels...  hold on it would look better yellow than red, and it would stand out better if it was sort of star shaped....

OH...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember a mate of mine getting caught out years ago by his missus.

He gave some slag one in his car, went home and went to bed as normal.

His wife pulled back the bedding in the morning and saw a mess all over him and the sheets.

Yes......it appears she was on! And he was displaying the evidence.

Difficult to talk your way out of that one!

bitch slap GIF

• Haha 4