Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer I have all that stuff on the list 👍

Having experienced the plod looking for something bookable while Mr Slowly was broken down I think it best (especially as a group of women on uk plates stands out a little more than the usual) that everyone is as up together as possible. 

Further... you DO NOT NEED f'in breathalysers, the rule was never ever applied to motorcycles and was rapidly "abrogée" ( rendered nul) for all vehicles as inapplicable)  

You are supposed to have a UK sticker ( no Longer GB) and you must effectively have a hi vis vest on the bike which must be worn in an emergency situation ( break down on the road, accident etc)

The speed limit Outside a town or village is now 80km/h and NOT 90... EXCEPT for certain main roads in and out of a departement which have gone back up to 90... read the sign posts! ( this has been left to the discretion of the prefects so there are no hard and fast rules about this)

I've never heard of being required to carry a 2nd pair of glasses in the vehicle and I have one daughter with glasses who passed her test a couple of years ago and 2 others who both passed their theory test last month.

You are NOT required to carry spare bulbs FFS!  again this was never applicable to motorcycles and is ignored for cars now as most modern cars need to have the front bumper removed to replace a bulb. 

If someone at the ferry port tries to sell you beam benders, or breathalysers ( and they will) tell then to fuck off, they're NOT a legal requirement despite what the AA would have you believe and beam benders are not valid for motorcucle headlight beams  ( they tried this on me last time I took the ferry) 

The french police are not morons ( mostly) and if a group of ladies on bikes might draw more attention, the Frenchs are still a little old fashioned in their attitude towards ladies, which I guess has it's upsides as well as its downs... 

That second updated link to "drive France is much better and up to date. 

I just read that you are planning on dipping into switzerland. Just a word of warning, whilst in France radar detectors are illegal and radar site warnings based on coordonates or cooperative signalling ( waze, coyote, etc) via sat nav or phone app, these apps are very illegal in switzerland, to the point that the "Coyote" app ( a community based app) issued an advisory warning to actually uninstall the app form your phone before entering switzerland as their uses and even possession is illegal. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MooN said:

Further... you DO NOT NEED f'in breathalysers, the rule was never ever applied to motorcycles and was rapidly "abrogée" ( rendered nul) for all vehicles as inapplicable)  

You are supposed to have a UK sticker ( no Longer GB) and you must effectively have a hi vis vest on the bike which must be worn in an emergency situation ( break down on the road, accident etc)

The speed limit Outside a town or village is now 80km/h and NOT 90... EXCEPT for certain main roads in and out of a departement which have gone back up to 90... read the sign posts! ( this has been left to the discretion of the prefects so there are no hard and fast rules about this)

I've never heard of being required to carry a 2nd pair of glasses in the vehicle and I have one daughter with glasses who passed her test a couple of years ago and 2 others who both passed their theory test last month.

You are NOT required to carry spare bulbs FFS!  again this was never applicable to motorcycles and is ignored for cars now as most modern cars need to have the front bumper removed to replace a bulb. 

If someone at the ferry port tries to sell you beam benders, or breathalysers ( and they will) tell then to fuck off, they're NOT a legal requirement despite what the AA would have you believe and beam benders are not valid for motorcucle headlight beams  ( they tried this on me last time I took the ferry) 

The french police are not morons ( mostly) and if a group of ladies on bikes might draw more attention, the Frenchs are still a little old fashioned in their attitude towards ladies, which I guess has it's upsides as well as its downs... 

Meanwhile in Spain they couldn't give a fuck! :classic_laugh:

And I saw a news report that, unlike the northern European countries, no Brit has ever been deported from Spain for over-staying the 90 days. Seems they couldn't give a fuck about that either! :classic_laugh:

I even know somebody who had residency, left in 2016 and stayed outside Spain for six and a half years. Thereby invalidating his residency.

Spain didn't even know that he ever left, his residency was still valid, and I suppose even if they did know they wouldn't give a fuck! :classic_laugh:

Spain is truly the epicentre of not giving a fuck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And I saw a news report that, unlike the northern European countries, no Brit has ever been deported from Spain for over-staying the 90 days. Seems they couldn't give a fuck about that either! :classic_laugh:

I even know somebody who had residency, left in 2016 and stayed outside Spain for six and a half years. Thereby invalidating his residency.

Spain didn't even know that he ever left, and I suppose even if they did they wouldn't give a fuck! :classic_laugh:

Well that's obvious because they let you in and even let you stay :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, MooN said:

That second updated link to "drive France is much better and up to date. 

I just read that you are planning on dipping into switzerland. Just a word of warning, whilst in France radar detectors are illegal and radar site warnings based on coordonates or cooperative signalling ( waze, coyote, etc) via sat nav or phone app, these apps are very illegal in switzerland, to the point that the "Coyote" app ( a community based app) issued an advisory warning to actually uninstall the app form your phone before entering switzerland as their uses and even possession is illegal. 

Thanks for all the info @MooN it’s appreciated.

I have read many articles and what surprises most is the lack decent information from sources you’d normally consider reliable touting out of date or untrue crap.

Nobody bothering with certain laws is dependant on if they want to find something to fine you for, my experience of the plod is they are often ill informed themselves in the vagaries of law and in a foreign country you are in no position to tell them they are wrong. As you point out a group of women on UK plates isn’t exactly flying under the radar so whatever keeps their tiny minds content is fine by me. 

Interesting to read even having the app is illegal in Switzerland.

I haven’t planned the route yet as one of the group was all for a long mile eating day on the first day and a shorter scenic ride through a gorge on the second, unfortunately another is isn’t really capable of that so I’m manoeuvring an agreement to split the mileage from Ouisteham to Chatel into two equal(ish) days. I imagine I’ll have a happy accord within the next couple of days. 

@XTreme no they don’t fuss about stuff and that’s why I love them!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

ps @MooN breathalysers and helmet stickers are on the list of things to tell them they dont need to bother with, not a list of things to take 😆

beware of this , mainly in villages....  Priorité a droite

• Like 3

In the UK sorting out admin for my dad. It’s cold, grey and definitely miserable………and that’s not only the weather. 😝😝😝

On the plus side the pub breakfast was the bollocks! 😜

B7A265CD-5045-43E6-A282-0C4D9DEBFC94.jpeg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

Spain didn't even know that he ever left, his residency was still valid, and I suppose even if they did know they wouldn't give a fuck! :classic_laugh:

………..and that’s why you and me fit right in Pete. I honestly don’t give a fuck about most things and it keeps me sane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Emailed my Boss today telling him I want to give up overnight working, and asked if I can work evenings and days.  Gonna be an interesting week I think.  😳

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Emailed my Boss today telling him I want to give up overnight working, and asked if I can work evenings and days.  Gonna be an interesting week I think.  😳

When I worked in the pit I did not mind day & night shifts, but afternoon shift I hated, could not do much in the morning before work, and too late to do most things after the shift, it just seemed to be bed & work. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Very good point, one of the most confusing traffic laws in France.  One very irate old French bloke gave me an earful in a small village near Limoges, I don't know exactly what he said but I don't think it was very flattering .

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

………..and that’s why you and me fit right in Pete. I honestly don’t give a fuck about most things and it keeps me sane.

Spain is quite happy to have Cockneys and Swansea Jacks......no standards are too low for this place!

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Saul said:

I thought you were OK with nights Saul?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I thought you were OK with nights Saul?

I like them mate but unfortunately they don't like me and are causing me some health issues.  I don't want to change but have been told it would be a good idea for me to do so, not a good idea to ignore the docs advice.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Yer cheers. I’m aware of the different priorities depending on the road etc. Probably won’t mention priorities, traffics lights and speed limits until we’re on the ferry cos some people like to worry. 

• Haha 1

Oooo Fowlups ups just rang the BSA’s are in their warehouse, they’ve ordered mine to come across and he’ll give me a ring when he’s laid eyes on it, will go see it either Thursday or maybe Saturday (cos that’s when I’m in Brizzle this  week), they’ll dpi it and I’ll pick it up next week 👏 👏 👏 

Annoyingly I have a bastid busy week next week so it’ll probably have to be be Friday but Whoop whoop!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oooo Fowlups ups just rang the BSA’s are in their warehouse, they’ve ordered mine to come across and he’ll give me a ring when he’s laid eyes on it, will go see it either Thursday or maybe Saturday (cos that’s when I’m in Brizzle this  week), they’ll dpi it and I’ll pick it up next week 👏 👏 👏 

Annoyingly I have a bastid busy week next week so it’ll probably have to be be Friday. Whoop whoop 

I was wondering when yours would arrive.  Looking forward to see how you are going to get on with it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When I stop polishing it and actually ride it I’ll let you know 😆

I would be careful not to Polish to hard or you will be through the paint and into the plastic.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Six30 said:

It's pretty rare outside of villages and towns these days, but there's always exceptions! 😉😂😂

• Like 2