The Mod Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. The Mod Poll

• Buckster
    • busabeast
    • boboneleg

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

7PM this evening  and all those with 3 votes and below are eliminated.

If there's nobody listed at 3 votes then the threshold will rise to 4 votes.

If there's nobody listed at 4 votes then the threshold will rise to 5 votes if only one is left at that.

So whatever happens somebody will be eliminated tonight.

I'm really surprised it wasn't a clear decision in the first day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzzak said:

I have a cousin Clive and a good friend Clive, Clives are good.

I was once described as a man with hidden shallows. 😂 

Seems about right. 😂 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

7PM this evening  and all those with 3 votes and below are eliminated.

If there's nobody listed at 3 votes then the threshold will rise to 4 votes.

If there's nobody listed at 4 votes then the threshold will rise to 5 votes if only one is left at that.

nervous marco mama GIF by Worcester Warriors

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm really surprised it wasn't a clear decision in the first day.

This way there are no wasted votes!

Cos let's say Member A and Member B get the two most votes......in that scenario over half the forum could have voted for other nominees. Wasted votes!

And then further along the line they start complaining about Mods saying they never voted for either of them anyway. You see problem with first past the post?

Doing it this way they've had a say.....it may not have been their first choices but they actually voted.

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

This way there are no wasted votes!

Cos let's say Member A and Member B get the two most votes......in that scenario over half the forum could have voted for other nominees. Wasted votes!

And then further along the line they start complaining about Mods saying they never voted for either of them anyway. You see problem with first past the post?

Doing it this way they've had a say.....it may not have been their first choices but they actually voted.

Not what I meant. I meant I am surprised the first day result wasn't more of a clear decision.

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

Not what I meant. I meant I am surprised the first day result wasn't more of a clear decision.

Yeh.....I'm surprised it's been so close actually.

As you know I nominated Bob and my vote obviously went for him.

So I hope he gets one position.......as for the other position, they're all good candidates, but I do have a preference for who would be best suited.

But I'm not saying who that is......you've got to make your own minds up or I'll be accused of trying to rig the vote.

• Like 3

Buck and Bob have always worked so well together, to me they have always been the Ying and Yang of everything, if i could vote for two, they would be who. :littleguy:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tym said:

Buck and Bob have always worked so well together, to me they have always been the Ying and Yang of everything, if i could vote for two, they would be who. :littleguy:

Your reasoning is sound...I agree. 👍 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Extreme moderation, I like it. Doesn't that sort of thing cost though, especially if it is to be untraceable.

33 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Extreme moderation, I like it. Doesn't that sort of thing cost though, especially if it is to be untraceable.

Doesn't have to.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....I'm surprised it's been so close actually.

As you know I nominated Bob and my vote obviously went for him.

So I hope he gets one position.......as for the other position, they're all good candidates, but I do have a preference for who would be best suited.

But I'm not saying who that is......you've got to make your own minds up or I'll be accused of trying to rig the vote.

But you will anyway so..... 😂

• Haha 1

Personally I think Pete is right to go through this process for selecting the mods. Folks get to vote on whose input on the forum they've seen reflects their expectations. I'm not sure that previous moderating experience is really that relevant, as other sites owners may have just appointed folks as moderators because they're mates. I think a few of us know of moderators that are completely unsuitable, but they're just there to kiss the forum owners arse!

I think that all of the runners in this contest would do a good job, experienced moderators or not. You need mods who can work together to reach agreement on issues that may arise. The problem I had when I first started moderating on another forum was that one of the existing mods didn't like me and I wasn't too keen on him either, so we often struggled to reach agreement on issues because we had a completely different viewpoint! So, another thing to consider is, which of the nominees could you see being able to work together as a team? 

Just my Saturday afternoon musings.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You do know it's Friday don't you Bob? :classic_unsure:

This fucking retirement business is doing my head in, Pete! I don't even know what day of the week it is now! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tango said:

This fucking retirement business is doing my head in, Pete! I don't even know what day of the week it is now! 😂😂😂😂

It's OK Bob......you made some very good points! Despite not knowing what day it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Personally I think Pete is right to go through this process for selecting the mods. Folks get to vote on whose input on the forum they've seen reflects their expectations. I'm not sure that previous moderating experience is really that relevant, as other sites owners may have just appointed folks as moderators because they're mates. I think a few of us know of moderators that are completely unsuitable, but they're just there to kiss the forum owners arse!

I think that all of the runners in this contest would do a good job, experienced moderators or not. You need mods who can work together to reach agreement on issues that may arise. The problem I had when I first started moderating on another forum was that one of the existing mods didn't like me and I wasn't too keen on him either, so we often struggled to reach agreement on issues because we had a completely different viewpoint! So, another thing to consider is, which of the nominees could you see being able to work together as a team? 

Funny I'd just been thinking this morning about who would work well as a team, then I thought well theyre all good candidates so who can Pete most easily work with, then I thought shit I need to pay attention to the Murgh Makhani 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

Who was the mid you didn’t get in with ?

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

But do you think I should have to be dealing with Jerry Springer type situations?

I certainly don't have the time or the patience to go through that scenario on here! I'm already dealing with one in real life.....I don't need any more.

I opened this place during the lockdowns and never expected it to last more than a few months but it did.

I also wanted to extend the olive branch to previous members who may have drifted away from the other forums over the years for various reasons.

Bottom line is this......at our age we're now at the Last Chance Saloon! So there won't be another opportunity to make this work!

Speak for yourself with the last chance saloon.....I'm not old 

• Haha 1