XTreme

The Mod Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. The Mod Poll

• Buckster
    • busabeast
    • boboneleg

This poll is closed to new votes

7PM this evening  and all those with 3 votes and below are eliminated.

If there's nobody listed at 3 votes then the threshold will rise to 4 votes.

So whatever happens somebody will be eliminated tonight.

9 hours ago, Marcel said:

It's not like he's racing the thing.....how fast can you go in a traffic jam? . I push the ktm to 240 this summer on the motorway with sidecases on... I was kinda feeling stupid afterward... Lol 

For me it's not the how fast can I go its having the power in reserve for if I need it.....

With great power comes great responsibility 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme, half way through this poll … shouldn’t you be interviewing the remaining twats , I mean potential mods so we can make an informed choice on there modding policies 

Who says he isn't 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme, half way through this poll … shouldn’t you be interviewing the remaining twats , I mean potential mods so we can make an informed choice on there modding policies 

Good idea.....I'll wait till we're down to the last 3.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just curious who asked for mods? I can remember it being mentioned but can’t remember seeing it requested.

Complaints about certain content being posted.......and people presuming that I'm here every minute of every day to read everything and pick up on these things. Obviously I'm not......I have to work for a living and you're all aware of the personal commitments that I have as well.

So the only option is to appoint two people who can help in this respect because I can't do it all on my own. I resisted this for a long time (since April 2020) because I wanted to wait till the situation actually required it. And that time is now here given how things went down this week.

I'll be honest.......I got to the point where I seriously thought of calling it a day, so this was the only option other than game over.

This is the reality of the situation and people need to reflect on this:

1. I don't make any money doing this, in fact it costs me money. Can you find another place where the begging bowl doesn't come out? I'm not sure another one actually exists these days......and certainly not on commercial software.

2. Doing this takes up a lot of time, and I really don't have that time in my life.

3. When people join they're not doing me a favour. If they leave, they're not giving me some sort of body blow. It has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

4. I'm not one of those people who wants to go on a power trip and boost my self esteem by running a forum. I don't need any more self esteem.....I've got more than enough already!

5. I don't want to look like a big player in the motorcycle community. I don't want to play the poor man's "Sonny Barger". And I don't want to "fit in" or "belong" either. I do my own thing and always have.

So what do I actually gain from doing this? The answer is nothing. I've been doing it since 2002 purely to put something back into motorcycling and the motorcycle community in the only way I can.

Motorcycling has been good to me (it's been with me since 1971).....and without it I'd have probably gone completely off the rails in my younger days. Bit like you hear some Boxers saying that without it they'd have gone to jail.

And ultimately this place after all these years has served as a final meetup point for old friends from previous forums to get back together again! 

Will it stand the test of time? Well the answer to that is down to each and every one of you! I can't do any more than I have!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Complaints about certain content being posted.......and people presuming that I'm here every minute of every day to read everything and pick up on these things. Obviously I'm not......I have to work for a living and you're all aware of the personal commitments that I have as well.

So the only option is to appoint two people who can help in this respect because I can't do it all on my own. I resisted this for a long time (since April 2020) because I wanted to wait till the situation actually required it. And that time is now here given how things went down this week.

I'll be honest.......I got to the point where I seriously thought of calling it a day, so this was the only option other than game over.

This is the reality of the situation and people need to reflect on this:

1. I don't make any money doing this, in fact it costs me money. Can you find another place where the begging bowl doesn't come out? I'm not sure another one actually exists these days......and certainly not on commercial software.

2. Doing this takes up a lot of time, and I really don't have that time in my life.

3. When people join they're not doing me a favour. If they leave, they're not giving me some sort of body blow. It has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

4. I'm not one of those people who wants to go on a power trip and boost my self esteem by running a forum. I don't need any more self esteem.....I've got more than enough already!

5. I don't want to look like a big player in the motorcycle community. I don't want to play the poor man's "Sonny Barger". And I don't want to "fit in" or "belong" either. I do my own thing and always have.

So what do I actually gain from doing this? The answer is nothing. I've been doing it since 2002 purely to put something back into motorcycling and the motorcycle community in the only way I can.

Motorcycling has been good to me.....without it I'd have probably gone completely off the rails in my younger days. Bit like you hear some Boxers saying that without it they'd have gone to jail.

And ultimately this place after all these years has served as a final meetup point for old friends from previous forums to get back together again! 

Will it stand the test of time? Well the answer to that is down to each and every one of you! I can't do any more than I have!

Well im glad it hasn't closed I do spend a fair bit of my time on here, yes I am on other forums but this is my main haunt.

I just hope that with having a couple of mods that things will get back to how they were in the beginning 

• Like 3

Just now, busabeast said:

I just hope that with having a couple of mods that things will get back to how they were in the beginning 

If they're the right mods......the wrong ones will kill it for good.

• Like 3

Just now, busabeast said:

Agreed, so when do I get appointed along with bob

The people decide that not me!

But I would think that we'll get a final result tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

So whatever happens somebody will be eliminated tonight.

Sashay Away Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just curious who asked for mods? I can remember it being mentioned but can’t remember seeing it requested.

Quite right, end this farce, you made the site, deal with it.

1 minute ago, zzzak said:

Clive of India

Thats where my mother got my name from 👍 

She wanted a name for me that could not be shortened in anyway.

The licensing department did their best though.......some of my mail arrives addressed to Olive 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, zzzak said:

Quite right, end this farce, you made the site, deal with it.

But do you think I should have to be dealing with Jerry Springer type situations?

I certainly don't have the time or the patience to go through that scenario on here! I'm already dealing with one in real life.....I don't need any more.

I opened this place during the lockdowns and never expected it to last more than a few months but it did.

I also wanted to extend the olive branch to previous members who may have drifted away from the other forums over the years for various reasons.

Bottom line is this......at our age we're now at the Last Chance Saloon! So there won't be another opportunity to make this work!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Bottom line is this......at our age we're now at the Last Chance Saloon! So there won't be another opportunity to make this work!

Don't say that, Pete, you're still quite flexible...

• Haha 6

If there's nobody listed at 4 votes then the threshold will rise to 5 votes if only one is left at that.

So whatever happens somebody will be eliminated tonight.

• Like 2