My new beast

busabeast

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Much much more. 

I don’t think there’s an universally understood measure. 
Bit like when incandescent bulbs lost favour n halogen n led took over and the brightness descriptions were all over the place. 

If they ever truly get to grips with the force available instantly (and I’m mean feckin instantly) I suspect they’ll eventually redefine the laws accordingly.

For example you might only be doing 40 but the time it took to get there could missile style wipe out anything in its path. If you get my meaning. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I don’t think there’s an universally understood measure. 
Bit like when incandescent bulbs lost favour n halogen n led took over and the brightness descriptions were all over the place. 

If they ever truly get to grips with the force available instantly (and I’m mean feckin instantly) I suspect they’ll eventually redefine the laws accordingly.

For example you might only be doing 40 but the time it took to get there could missile style wipe out anything in its path. If you get my meaning. 

Yeah I definitely get what you mean, I have the exact same thing with the busa

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Also 185 miles from filling up to fuel light coming on but I didn't fill up till 205 miles is a big plus and I only put 16 litres in so I had nearly 4 litres left so I could probably have got near on 250 miles till it was really in need.

And that was keeping the speed up between 80-100 except for the 40 limit around Leicester and the 50 at Elkesley and 70 average at Barnby area.

I haven't done the figures but I'd guess more than 50mpg

Jeezus that’s good my Bandits a thirsty bugger. Unreliable fuel gauge but closer to 150 max before you start wondering how much fuel you really have left!

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Jeezus that’s good my Bandits a thirsty bugger. Unreliable fuel gauge but closer to 150 max before you start wondering how much fuel you really have left!

The ninja last night at the same speeds was on reserve at 107 miles and bailed out of it at 122 miles that really was a thirsty little fucker, I'll miss it but not for long

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

The ninja last night at the same speeds was on reserve at 107 miles and bailed out of it at 122 miles that really was a thirsty little fucker, I'll miss it but not for long

You’ll miss it cos of what it’s done for you but until that fat trust find kicks in (or you become a fat pol with a soft father in law 😉) then it’s currently so the right move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You’ll miss it cos of what it’s done for you but until that fat trust find kicks in (or you become a fat pol with a soft father in law 😉) then it’s currently so the right move.

Yeah that's a point I could always just get Pete to pay for it all just because.....

Come on old man dig deep @XTreme

• Haha 3

Just now, XTreme said:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Hey Caroline offered you're expenses so it would be rude of me to turn it down and you wouldn't want to show yourself up in front of a lady would you now

Animated GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

your going to have to change your name again because with my poor eyesight when i read who clicked like, i could have sworn it said bumabeast :classic_laugh:

I think you need your x2 glasses on Fred glasses GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Nice Rich.... I would definitely like to take one out for a run... To see what it's like... 

They are just sublime mate, looking at them they don't look that comfortable but 120 miles was no issue and I'm not exactly what you'd call conditioned to long distance riding, I'm extremely happy with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

They are just sublime mate, looking at them they don't look that comfortable but 120 miles was no issue and I'm not exactly what you'd call conditioned to long distance riding, I'm extremely happy with it

Ahh but is it better than a CB500x that is the question :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ahh but is it better than a CB500x that is the question :classic_laugh:

Hmmm I'd honestly have to say from a biased point of view yes.

The thing is this bike is literally in a league of its own I honestly do believe that there's nothing else road biased that can beat it, yes where Pete goes on his travels the cb500x may well do a better job than the beast but on the tarmac there's not much if anything that will live with it.

So it's an each to their own answer it does what Pete needs of it as does the busa for my needs

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Hmmm I'd honestly have to say from a biased point of view yes.

The thing is this bike is literally in a league of its own I honestly do believe that there's nothing else road biased that can beat it, yes where Pete goes on his travels the cb500x may well do a better job than the beast but on the tarmac there's not much if anything that will live with it.

So it's an each to their own answer it does what Pete needs of it as does the busa for my needs

Fuck i wasn't expecting a sensible answer :classic_laugh:

hide GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So just got the beast out of the stable and under the rear seat is 

20221030_132424.thumb.jpg.983cfc866d9a566c7d20111dbedfc705.jpg

A power commander 5 and auto tune module and the box for the transontranslogic quick shifter.

Looking at the exhaust it would seem to be a full yoshimura stainless system 

So I'm going to hazard a guess its not quite as standard as I thought it was, but the modifications are in good taste I think be interested to see if the airbox mod and sports airfilter have been installed too

• Like 4