My new beast

busabeast

So my final ride on the ninja definitely was nice even though slightly uncomfortable what with it being a sports bike and me having 260 miles to cover by a moderately reasonable time so I had to push my riding stints longer than I'd been wanting but it was eventually dispatched in around 4 hours or so. 

A restless nights sleep then followed for one reason or another and I woke slightly later than I'd planned too, so it was a rush around getting ready for the hours ride to where my new steed lay in wait.

So the deal was struck with part ex and my taking of the busa after a quick test ride and although I only took it on a 10 minute test ride I'd already bought it in my head.

So what can I tell you about the beast ermm well its comfortable and ballistic, vert refined around town happy to bomble around town at 30mph in top gear and it doesn't require dropping any cogs to get it to pick up speed, I shit you not that at 30 in top if you twist the throttle you're at licence losing speeds within about 3 seconds.

I'm not sure what if any difference there is between the rider modes as I couldn't really determine any real changes between a, b or c they are all silly fast modes.

It's equally extremely happy to blast along at fast m/way speeds with ease 90mph comes around a 5k with an 11k redline. 

As for comfort I had my tank bag with me so it was something for me to lean on abit though the screen keeps the weight off the hands and wrists on the m/way, the seat is comfortable though it is extremely wide and could do with being abit better contoured as it was digging in to my legs abit making it the limiting of how far I can go in a stint so it's something that I will look to get changed in time.

The seat to pegs distance is almost perfect I think another 2 inches more between them and for me it would be literally all day rideable. 

The bodywork has a few blemishes but it is 13 years old so I couldn't really expect concourse condition but there are a few little bits I'll be tidying up.

The only thing that I really need to get sorted is the fueling as it's very jittery on very slight throttle so my first step will be to put some fuel system cleaner through a few tanks and see if that helps.

20221029_170113.thumb.jpg.eb8bd727f545cbdb596784c25a76a5b8.jpg20221029_170126.thumb.jpg.8cf183f31f5e29f044c1394b39dd727a.jpg20221029_170133.thumb.jpg.dce987164fa55e2d50616ed187f2503c.jpg20221029_170140.thumb.jpg.e733f8fed8735e83a601c5502f738e51.jpg20221029_170151.thumb.jpg.67242af825bcdb498d5030a35c2a9f7b.jpg20221029_170208.thumb.jpg.1e99acb7fc3c3f5a21fe80551f6e260e.jpgIMG-20221029-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.d5bc818448ef5e12124f99f09709a255.jpeg

• Like 8

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d defo ignore tiny cosmetics for that bike!

Not for long mind you, cos I wouldn’t have it long before I was dead or banned 😆

Honestly it is difficult to keep the speeds on the legal side, I was bimbling along at 95 this afternoon and I was shocked I was having to hold it back it just wanted to go faster, I was twisting the throttle around 2mm from closed to do 95

• Haha 3

Just now, Richzx6r said:

Honestly it is difficult to keep the speeds on the legal side, I was bimbling along at 95 this afternoon and I was shocked I was having to hold it back it just wanted to go faster, I was twisting the throttle around 2mm from closed to do 95

Yeeeeeeha

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So badly I’ve not even looked 😆
But I’m gonna be honest the Livewire is feckin awesome on the rip your arms off front so I’m ok (yes only ok 😆) for now 😁

I'd bet a busa is quicker and better at the ripping of arms from sockets Tell Go On GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oooh I wouldn’t put money on that. The politely advertised stats of the Livewire do not match the reality 😆

No? So it's quicker than billed eh?

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But then a little trip to the dealers for a test ride couldn’t hurt could it 😆

Oprah Winfrey Network Girl Bye GIF by Greenleaf

Just don't go for a gen 3 busa they are mud.

Gen 2 busa all the way I guarantee you probably won't emerge without signing on the dotted line 

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The more likely outcome. 
Speed (not the drug, that stuff sucks) is my weakness!

Also 185 miles from filling up to fuel light coming on but I didn't fill up till 205 miles is a big plus and I only put 16 litres in so I had nearly 4 litres left so I could probably have got near on 250 miles till it was really in need.

And that was keeping the speed up between 80-100 except for the 40 limit around Leicester and the 50 at Elkesley and 70 average at Barnby area.

I haven't done the figures but I'd guess more than 50mpg

• Like 3