A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

Popped into Martyn's Motorcycles, Mountain Ash as I was passing through today, nice to see Martyn back in business, he's got a cafe there too now. 
That KZ900 is as new and it hasn't even been restored, I think it must have been Pete's

https://maps.app.goo.gl/c1isgUkWYVgFpkgh8

20231030_144800.jpg

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Popped into Martyn's Motorcycles, Mountain Ash as I was passing through today, nice to see Martyn back in business, he's got a cafe there too now. 
That KZ900 is as new and it hasn't even been restored, I think it must have been Pete's

20231030_144800.jpg

We have a Martyns Motorcycles here, but it is just a place to buy 2nd hand parts.

38 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

20231030_144800.jpg

Yeh.....the Zed looks great!

It's a US import if it has the K prefix......also has the US high bars as well.

That sort of condition means it's more likely to have come from California!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Message from Pete....

Why would you want to dyno a bike 

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Dyno a bike that's probably the fastest model on the road......which never goes anywhere.

And on the rare occasions you do use it you're getting 65mpg.......so you're obviously not using the power you've already got.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

Dyno a bike that's probably the fastest model on the road......which never goes anywhere.

And on the rare occasions you do use it you're getting 65mpg.......so you're obviously not using the power you've already got.

It's more like I can't use much of the power I've got Pete, but I wouldn't expect you to understand having never had a bike with much power 

50 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's more like I can't use much of the power I've got Pete, but I wouldn't expect you to understand having never had a bike with much power 

The definition of a powerful bike is only relative to the era that it was released.

For example, 50 years ago the Z1 was the most powerful bike on the road, but by today's standards it's obviously not.

So out of the 66 bikes I've owned which do you think could be considered the most powerful?

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

The definition of a powerful bike is only relative to the era that it was released.

For example, 50 years ago the Z1 was the most powerful bike on the road, but by today's standards it's obviously not.

So out of the 66 bikes I've owned which do you think could be considered the most powerful?

Probably your lambretta 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm going for GS1000

Never had one Bob!

As I said earlier you've got to analyse the bikes within the context of their era.

Out of all the bikes I've had I'd say the Bandit 12 generated the most power in terms of grunt, but quickest would probably have been the Thundercat. But in their era 25 years ago they weren't anywhere near the real performance bikes.

So in terms of quickest I've had within a specific era compared to others at the time I'd probably say my GS750 in 1978.

• Like 1

Very pretty view, I love the twin tanks even though they might be tiresome in real life use. With this paint scheme this is the prettiest trail bike today in my opinion.

FDBAD99F-8C09-47BB-80F8-62AE04182622.thumb.jpeg.2e99e4c15ae02a27efee96e1d1f25e37.jpeg

• Like 2