Jump to content
yen_powell

Yen stinks out the Isle of Wight!

Recommended Posts

I made it back from the Isle of Wight tranny run bike rally. Stan the Tran was magnificent as usual. The last band on Sunday night had people quietly distributing song lyrics set to the tune of 'Stand By Your Man' to sing to him and his wife as a surprise. STAND BY YOUR STAN was a musical masterpiece. He got a bit tearful, he has had 2 rallies cancelled by Covid etc and lots of trouble getting it going again this year. Apparently a light aircraft's wheels were only a few feet above my head as I drove into rally control which is next to a grass runway. Never heard it with my earplugs in and engine running.

I visited a monastery and sat in a church with orange windows on Saturday, the light inside was something else. The monastery and church were built by local bricklayers and builders using cheap Belgian bricks and it was bloody gorgeous inside. I didn't have the heart to whip out a camera as I sat inside quietly taking it all in. The grounds were really nice as well, not even an admission charge to wander around.

https://quarrabbey.org/monastery/vocation/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-monk/

 

 

 

20220430_121648.jpg

20220430_121950.jpg

20220430_133427.jpg

20220430_134456.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I made it back from the Isle of Wight tranny run bike rally. Stan the Tran was magnificent as usual. The last band on Sunday night had people quietly distributing song lyrics set to the tune of 'Stand By Your Man' to sing to him and his wife as a surprise. STAND BY YOUR STAN was a musical masterpiece. He got a bit tearful, he has had 2 rallies cancelled by Covid etc and lots of trouble getting it going again this year. Apparently a light aircraft's wheels were only a few feet above my head as I drove into rally control which is next to a grass runway. Never heard it with my earplugs in and engine running.

I visited a monastery and sat in a church with orange windows on Saturday, the light inside was something else. The monastery and church were built by local bricklayers and builders using cheap Belgian bricks and it was bloody gorgeous inside. I didn't have the heart to whip out a camera as I sat inside quietly taking it all in. The grounds were really nice as well, not even an admission charge to wander around.

https://quarrabbey.org/monastery/vocation/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-monk/

 

 

 

20220430_121648.jpg

20220430_121950.jpg

20220430_133427.jpg

20220430_134456.jpg

Wow thats outstanding. I was staring at your pic thinking I don't understand what country is that from, its from some far flung clime but I can't pin it down at all. Thanks for the link that explains a lot. I might have to go to the Isle of Wight to see it for myself. What a monk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wow thats outstanding. I was staring at your pic thinking I don't understand what country is that from, its from some far flung clime but I can't pin it down at all. Thanks for the link that explains a lot. I might have to go to the Isle of Wight to see it for myself. What a monk!

Turns out I have been riding right past it every time I get off the ferry.

 

20220429_192744.jpg

20220429_192749.jpg

20220430_112825.jpg

20220430_121644.jpg

20220430_121954.jpg

20220430_133401.jpg

20220430_143514.jpg

20220430_143532.jpg

20220430_143537.jpg

20220430_143544.jpg

20220430_143552.jpg

20220430_143603.jpg

20220430_150052.jpg

20220430_150432.jpg

20220430_150530.jpg

20220430_151302.jpg

20220430_231637(0).jpg

20220430_235919.jpg

20220501_210324.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is some truly bizarre shit!

But at least we learned what became of Bruce!

20220430_143514.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, XTreme said:

This is some truly bizarre shit!

But at least we learned what became of Bruce!

20220430_143514.jpg

That’s Bruce and Chucky’s bastard love child.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Brilliant @yen_powell, that's a rally with a difference 👌

I shudder to think what they would do with your peg leg at that event.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buckster said:

I shudder to think what they would do with your peg leg at that event.

It went dancing with some random dude at a NABD rally about 15 years ago  🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite a few years ago at the same rally I was in my tent boiling a kettle on my gas stove to make a cup of tea before going to sleep. I was kneeling down to do this in the porch of my tent as it wasn't very high. I happened to glance behind me and nearly leapt out of my skin. A bloke called Graham was sitting behind me, I had not even heard him come in. He was wearing a dress (his wife's he claimed), but also had a moustache and a pipe in his mouth. I was a bit weirded out by it all.

Anyway, on Friday night a bloke in a long leather coat with a beard came up to me and my friends and said hello. None of us knew who he was, despite his insistence that we knew him and him repeating his name over and over. It was the dress man. The addition of a beard had completely changed how he looked. He is the bloke wearing a monk's robe and glasses sat behind the inflatable doll in one of the pictures above. We made him put his hand over the beard and we all went, 'Oh yeah!!!!'

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Quite a few years ago at the same rally I was in my tent boiling a kettle on my gas stove to make a cup of tea before going to sleep. I was kneeling down to do this in the porch of my tent as it wasn't very high. I happened to glance behind me and nearly leapt out of my skin. A bloke called Graham was sitting behind me, I had not even heard him come in. He was wearing a dress (his wife's he claimed), but also had a moustache and a pipe in his mouth. I was a bit weirded out by it all.

Anyway, on Friday night a bloke in a long leather coat with a beard came up to me and my friends and said hello. None of us knew who he was, despite his insistence that we knew him and him repeating his name over and over. It was the dress man. The addition of a beard had completely changed how he looked. He is the bloke wearing a monk's robe and glasses sat behind the inflatable doll in one of the pictures above. We made him put his hand over the beard and we all went, 'Oh yeah!!!!'

I hate it when that happens. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More pictures from the weekend, the next post are a proper picture takers pics

20220429_204917.jpg

This man had flashing eyebrows. Let me take a picture of your flashing eyebrows Superman, okay says he. Managed to get a pic in between flashes.

20220430_112755.jpg

20220430_112820.jpg

20220430_112822.jpg

20220430_112829.jpg

20220430_113145.jpg

20220430_134804.jpg

Cow with legs growing out of its chin.

20220430_134833.jpg

Zoom in on the pic above and you can see a strip of blue and Portsmouth the other side of it.

20220430_135553.jpg

The monks' garden where they grow their food.

20220430_150245.jpg

Zoom in for all the baby ducks following mummy duck.

20220430_150509.jpg

20220430_150513.jpg

20220501_204430.jpg

Behind the bar.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Credit to Steve Martin (not the film star)

 

52050943002_62f578acd4_b.jpg

52050947427_de3a8bca9d_c.jpg

52050948027_d660373378_b.jpg

52051992946_1d30af70a7_b.jpg

52051994721_5e14090a3c_b.jpg

52052000541_3c796637bf_c.jpg

52052001336_657217232b_c.jpg

52052004311_289d297634_b.jpg

52052021108_192a09b811_c.jpg

52052021668_f65784960c_b.jpg

52052024548_6064035c74_b.jpg

52052024983_88c4cb160e_b.jpg

52052025478_6d00c216b8_b.jpg

52052027473_c493b0b97c_c.jpg

52052028208_051e0ce78b_c.jpg

52052484020_1faf07437a_b.jpg

52052487065_7dcbb2b6f0_b.jpg

52052490455_4b487053a6_b.jpg

Bloke on the left is Graham, the man who crept into my tent many years ago wearing a dress.

52052491385_84ddba162c_b.jpg

52052491440_e7a8bda8dd_b.jpg

52052492055_7678dff2d3_b.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Credit to Steve Martin (not the film star)

 

52050943002_62f578acd4_b.jpg

52050947427_de3a8bca9d_c.jpg

52050948027_d660373378_b.jpg

52051992946_1d30af70a7_b.jpg

52051994721_5e14090a3c_b.jpg

52052000541_3c796637bf_c.jpg

52052001336_657217232b_c.jpg

52052004311_289d297634_b.jpg

52052021108_192a09b811_c.jpg

52052021668_f65784960c_b.jpg

52052024548_6064035c74_b.jpg

52052024983_88c4cb160e_b.jpg

52052025478_6d00c216b8_b.jpg

52052027473_c493b0b97c_c.jpg

52052028208_051e0ce78b_c.jpg

52052484020_1faf07437a_b.jpg

52052487065_7dcbb2b6f0_b.jpg

52052490455_4b487053a6_b.jpg

Bloke on the left is Graham, the man who crept into my tent many years ago wearing a dress.

52052491385_84ddba162c_b.jpg

52052491440_e7a8bda8dd_b.jpg

52052492055_7678dff2d3_b.jpg

Good lord, Ian!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Credit to Steve Martin (not the film star)

 

52050943002_62f578acd4_b.jpg

52050947427_de3a8bca9d_c.jpg

52050948027_d660373378_b.jpg

52051992946_1d30af70a7_b.jpg

52051994721_5e14090a3c_b.jpg

52052000541_3c796637bf_c.jpg

52052001336_657217232b_c.jpg

52052004311_289d297634_b.jpg

52052021108_192a09b811_c.jpg

52052021668_f65784960c_b.jpg

52052024548_6064035c74_b.jpg

52052024983_88c4cb160e_b.jpg

52052025478_6d00c216b8_b.jpg

52052027473_c493b0b97c_c.jpg

52052028208_051e0ce78b_c.jpg

52052484020_1faf07437a_b.jpg

52052487065_7dcbb2b6f0_b.jpg

52052490455_4b487053a6_b.jpg

Bloke on the left is Graham, the man who crept into my tent many years ago wearing a dress.

52052491385_84ddba162c_b.jpg

52052491440_e7a8bda8dd_b.jpg

52052492055_7678dff2d3_b.jpg

Very good Yen!

confused jim carrey GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My son appeared while I was looking at the pics and said is this basically a bunch of old dudes drinking far too much? Followed by Is it some sort of cult?

😂😂🤣😂

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My son appeared while I was looking at the pics and said is this basically a bunch of old dudes drinking far too much? Followed by Is it some sort of cult?

😂😂🤣😂

Satanic Ritual more like!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

 

52052491385_84ddba162c_b.jpg

I know that couple its Wolfie and colleen living in Swansea :classic_laugh: and i recognise a few more from other rally's 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Its bloody terrifying 😳 🤣

yes stick with the dog and partridge and the warehouse 😆

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy