Iberian meet?

Pedro

I'm not one for bike meetings or social stuff, but given our different backgrounds it would be cool to meet for a proper meal and a drink or two. Obviously we are not in the ideal climate for planning get togethers but still, I'd be up for a meet in Pete's area.

Ideally something like meeting in the morning, a snack, a short ride around, clean up and dinner. I suggest Pete's area because if this is game Pete's wife's presence is mandatory in my book, she's a great lady although not present on the internets.

So, have at it.

It's a great idea Pedro.......here's the things we've got to consider:

1. Who's coming and where they're travelling from?

2. How long virus restrictions are going to be in place?

3. What needs to be in place for Brits due to Brexit repercussions? Like possible visas, health cover, loss of mobile roaming etc.

4. Timing......late June to the end of August are out of the question due to the heat. December, January, and February should also be avoided due to variable Winter conditions.

Unfortunately we can't plan anything at the moment.......because we could still have restrictions of sorts in place this time next year.

Putting the idea out there to gauge interest is all we can do at the moment. In fact given our ages now......this could be the Last Dance!

@Specs @boboneleg @Renegade @Catteeclan @DangerRuss58 @Skippy @Sir Fallsalot @Buckster @Sofia @Cupid Stunt @Muddy @yen_powell @Pedro @MooN @BusBoy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I have at least 50 years riding left in me....

Well I hope you can show more photographic evidence of the next 50 years riding than you've managed over the previous 30+ years Ian! :classic_laugh:

What you say @Tym?

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well I hope you can show more photographic evidence of the next 50 years riding than you've managed over the previous 30+ years Ian! :classic_laugh:

What you say @Tym?

@ XTreme --------------------------->?‍♀️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Can you remind me how to tag a poster, i forgot...i do remember you posting about it...

Put the @ symbol, then start typing the first few letters of the username. When you see the name you want in the box that appears then just click it.

41 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

10 days minimum in the saddle for these old bones so I can swap friendly insults with that old fart over a quick lunch? Are you joking? Does he not have an airport? I'll fly in and rent an air conditioned car for the day. I'm done with trying to find pleasure through pain.

Where are the nice hotels Pete?

This is the main one here Bruce! Ren, Lyn, and Dell stayed there.

http://www.hotelpatri.com/

Well that would be a mammoth schlepp for a 410cc thumper from here. Then there's the likelihood that I won't be allowed to travel since I won't be doing any 'new normal' hoop jumping nonsense that they're likely going to roll out soon, if I can avoid it.  Fuck, I had to stop flying due to all the herding, shoe removing, and other 'turrist' prevention bollocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

That settles it then. The Iberian contingent can come back for a visit to Wales. That should prove quite interesting. @Renegade can organise the party. Any decent hotels in Swansea? ?

Fuck that! I may not ever get back into Spain again!

• Haha 2

I'd be up for that, great idea. Fuck knows what bike I'll have by then but if all else fails I'll come on the very comfy TL1000S ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

That settles it then. The Iberian contingent can come back for a visit to Wales. That should prove quite interesting. @Renegade can organise the party. Any decent hotels in Swansea? ?

Nope, it's like going on holiday to a shit farm.

16 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I'd be up for that, great idea. Fuck knows what bike I'll have by then but if all else fails I'll come on the very comfy TL1000S ??

Just to warn you that some of this lot are seriously stupid fuckers Ray.

And if history is anything to go by they'll end in the hospital.

16 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Nope, it's like going on holiday to a shit farm.

What Buck said!

Do any of you really want to be in a place like this?

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just to warn you that some of this lot are seriously stupid fuckers Ray.

And if history is anything to go by they'll end in the hospital.

Sounds ideal, love a trip to A&E. ?? Fifth dislocation.........??

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skippy said:

image.jpeg

Left handed then?

We should try to do this trip next year, those of us with bikes can meet along the way. Tym can fly in if he is off the no fly list by then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Pushing the Royal Oilfield no doubt Ray? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1