What didn't you like at first and now wouldn't go without?

Pedro

Just now, Tango said:

What you can't see in the picture I posted today is all the stuff crammed into my top box that I was transferring to the new house. 😉😂😂

This lot are not interested in functionality Bob......only making a fashion statement!

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This lot are not interested in functionality Bob......only making a fashion statement!

For an intelligent bloke I wonder if you've got your brain in gear sometimes.  I would estimate that it takes all of 10 SECONDS to remove a top box so that you can take a better photo .  Then you may stop moaning about not ever winning

fail-dumb-invention.gif.880c883525283e6bb5a1be1ba69e78ac.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

For an intelligent bloke I wonder if you've got your brain in gear sometimes.  I would estimate that it takes all of 10 SECONDS to remove a top box so that you can take a better photo .  Then you may stop moaning about not ever winning

fail-dumb-invention.gif.880c883525283e6bb5a1be1ba69e78ac.gif

Trouble is Bob he doesn't understand the full functionality of the top box either that or he cant remember how to take it off :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Ride it with no top box on a long ride, see if you don't like not having the sail effect on sidewinds. Don't come up with the excuse for locking your helmet and jacket, you stop in deserted places where nobody would steal shit.

32 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Trouble is Bob he doesn't understand the full functionality of the top box either that or he cant remember how to take it off :classic_laugh:

He probably knows how to take it off. He's just too scared to not being able to put it back on :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Ride it with no top box on a long ride, see if you don't like not having the sail effect on sidewinds. Don't come up with the excuse for locking your helmet and jacket, you stop in deserted places where nobody would steal shit.

He probably knows how to take it off. He's just too scared to not being able to put it back on :classic_laugh:

This whole fucking place is trolling now!

Why do I always get lumbered with all the fucking idiots on the internet?

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This whole fucking place is trolling now!

Why do I always get lumbered with all the fucking idiots on the internet?

You need to get Tony the Tools round to remind you how you remove it

xand-van-tulleken-tools.gif.1568bc459168e191b2c146fa89a64542.gif

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I got the vid bookmarked!

My mate bought a Shad box that expanded. He was very proud of it. On the only three journeys I did with him with it fitted it did the following:-

1/ Couldn't unlock it for about 30 minutes after arrival at an event, when it did unlock it jammed on one side on the expansion part and then he couldn't lock it shut. Had to walk around with his jacket and lid.

2/ Riding behind him on the way back from somewhere in Sussex, I noticed the lid hadn't shut properly and was flapping up and down. I tried bibbing for half a mile but the deaf sod didn't hear that, so I overtook him pointing at his top box. He waved and went straight past me as I slowed down to stop in a convenient lay-by. Eventually he realised what I was hinting at and stopped somewhere dangerous to relock it.

3/ Same as number 1 only this time it only jammed for 10 minutes. Then the lid opened on the way home again and he had waterproof trousers hanging out the back flapping about.

He still goes on about how marvellous it is that it can change sizes???

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Good idea carrying a toolbox when you're on a Royal Enfield Ray! 

It contains the full factory approved toolkit; a hammer, screwdriver and tube of superglue. I doubled its value by adding a packet of cable ties from the chino bazaar. 🤣

• Haha 5

Neck tubes, or Buffs. I never ride without one now and have a small collection of my favourites. Swapped to the autumn/spring one today as it's pretty cold in the mornings at the moment. 

• Like 5

I, like Pedro, was dead set against comms for years. I got so pissed off at people phoning me from work all the time and having to stop, remove gloves, remove lid, remove earplugs ( or at least one) get the phone out of it's case, ring them back, leave a message and wait for them to ring me again (or wosre put all the clobber back on only to have them ring back 30 seconds after I've got going...I succombed and found a cheap one on an online sale room for 50€. I can now simply pull over and talk to whichever technicien has fucked up without having to spend ages de-gearing and gearing up again. The sound quality is shit but it allows communication, a conversation if I stop and gps vocal instructions more or less.  It is not indispensable, but I will invest in a vetter quality one whe this one dies. 

Never wanted heated grips before, but do enjoy them now. 

never wanted satnav before, but to use it a lot now. 

none of the gadgets I have, especially the electronics are so vital that their absence would pose a problem though. 

• Like 2

On 03/11/2021 at 19:53, XTreme said:

and being fashionable these days costs money and that is something i have in short supply