Landscapes, Cityscapes, Waterscapes with or without bikes

Cupid Stunt

On 11/04/2022 at 18:53, XTreme said:

No.....they were just racist fucks!

The Irish used to have a strong presence there with their own pubs (think it was the Green Man in Stony Stratford) and even a Dentists surgery full of Irish dentists.

I remember going there and being made very welcome.....and I asked the Dentist if they got many English going there.

And he said....."We get one or two......and we make sure they get pain". 

I can dig it! :classic_laugh:

what they do shove Semtex in their mouth and light the fuse

14 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Is that the sort of salt marsh area area below Fontygary, if so  I caught Mullet there  👍

That's the place. A new Welsh record caught there way back if I remember correctly. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Quality is amazing Terry!

Thanks, was just testing my new camera, Fujifilm X-H2, image quality is pretty much the same as my older X-T2 but this has a 40mp sensor and far superior tech specs/functions, it can automatically shift it's sensor during capture to create a 160mp image, not that I'm going to have much use for that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thanks, was just testing my new camera, Fujifilm X-H2, image quality is pretty much the same as my older X-T2 but this has a 40mp sensor and far superior tech specs/functions, it can automatically shift it's sensor during capture to create a 160mp image, not that I'm going to have much use for that.

That's Calendar quality!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Tenby Harbour at night

Resize_20230116_210048_8306.jpg.dabd7f0600907338570d0f7f00e5058b.jpg

That place never seems to change!

Got memories of the police blocking the road into the town in the 70's to stop about 20 of us on bikes going in.

• Like 3

On 26/02/2023 at 17:36, Clive said:

Hope 🤞 to go there in September................Great photo. 👍 

We won't be going to Tenby in September, my wife has enquired about the cost of accommodation at a couple of places...............and almost....

Cant Reaction GIF

😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Clive said:

We won't be going to Tenby in September, my wife has enquired about the cost of accommodation at a couple of places...............and almost....

Cant Reaction GIF

😂

How much?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How much?

£1030 for a caravan at Lydstep. 😵

The others around the area (Tenby)  are in the same price range.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Cheaper to go to Spain Clive!

Wife just said that! 😂 Last holiday in Ibiza was around the same price, and it was full board.

UK holiday destinations are getting to be a stupid price again, just designed to get every last £ out of the holiday makers.

At least Mablethorpe is dirt cheap in comparison, so it should be as the place is stuck in the 80,s 😂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Cheaper to go to Spain Clive!

yes the iom used to be reasonably priced but like everywhere else not anymore abroad is probably cheaper now plus you have the weather

just on the subject of cheap holidays.. and bear in mind, I have no idea if this is still possible.

I have some friends who used to take 'mystery' holidays.. in as much as they would head to the Airport and have no idea where they might end up. But, I know they went to the Maldives. Bahamas. A cruise round the Med. Florence. and many others.

The idea was simple. Pack and head for the Airport and troll around the desks asking for cancellations.

Bear in mind that stuff happens. people book and pay for a holiday and at the last minute for all sorts of reasons cannot travel. Nor can they get a refund. So... the holiday is bought and paid for but nobody is going to show up. but the flight is paid for and so is the end resort. ship. hotel. safari. whatever it might be.

So.. they find a cancellation and pay the 'name change' fee.. and go. The cost of changing names was around £30.

Name changed for the flight. and then emails would fly and names would be changed for the final destination. The hotel or whatever it might be.

They did this at Birmingham and occasionally at Heathrow airports. As far as Im aware they never did not travel.. though sometimes they might have to wait a few hours. or even come back later in the day or sometime at night, for the flight out.

And that's it.

Not the same as 'last minute' - which is just filling block bookings that haven't sold out by the travel company. Though they can.. or at least used to be, quite cheap. though often the departure airport might not be local.

• Like 2