Welcome Motobiker

Admin

15 minutes ago, Swagman said:

You taking a bike bike then.

No.....but maybe Bob's taking the Van Van?

Course if Six put Bob's bike in his preferred mode of transport it would be a Van Van Van!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And there's still going to be a degree of uncertainty I'd have thought......Covid's not going away anytime soon!

With this merry band of Tory idiots in charge, who knows? But.. you have to be optimistic.

6 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

With this merry band of Tory idiots in charge, who knows? But.. you have to be optimistic.

I can't comment as I'll be breaking the "no politics" rule......but I think you know where I stand!

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

.but I think you know where I stand!

At the side of the road under a tree for shade by the look of your photo.📸

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can't comment as I'll be breaking the "no politics" rule......but I think you know where I stand!

Can you edit that and take out the profanities i think playing tonight on repeat could help with the kids insomnia :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Can you edit that and take out the profanities i think playing tonight on repeat could help with the kids insomnia :classic_laugh:

What's he saying?? ....Tell me...tell me?......you can keep the bad language in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

What's he saying?? ....Tell me...tell me?......you can keep the bad language in?

I was drawing comparisons between where I live and Plague Island!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

👍......will leave it at that.👍

How lovely to see you here. What with you being an intelligent man you may find it difficult to sink low enough to enjoy yourself though, try a large glug of whisky and letting rip, seems to work for everyone else 😄

So it’s all off for this year then? Ive been checking in every week or so but have been a bit busy so don’t know what the score is. I’ll have a look later. 

Nice avi, nice panniers, nice bike, great pics. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

There’s only one your not in plague island, thank fook.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So it’s all off for this year then? Ive been checking in every week or so but have been a bit busy so don’t know what the score is. I’ll have a look later. 

It can be summed up quite easily. The region we were due to visit is now a flood disaster zone on an epic scale its also impossible to go to France without an enforced quarantine when we return. And I cannot knowingly do that. It seems just wrong to carry on being in denial or hope there might be a turnaround.

The plan for next year is a 2 week trip to the Austrian Alps and Italian Dolomites, same time.  The weekend after August Bank Holiday. So will be trying to shift tunnels bookings etc to that date, if a refund isn't possible. And will begin thrashing out the details later this year once we are in the winter blues and need something to look forward to.

And hope for better times.

IMG_0128.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Buckster said:

Some pictures for Six to steal.

here's one i stole earlier , notice its  appropriately parked next to a bin .

F63B97AE-144D-4B16-A9B3-095BCC5F491A.thumb.jpeg.8f0bd41cd8625726abdcc6332b9b0260 (1).jpeg

• Haha 4

@boboneleg The trips I organise are on-tarmac only, the guys I invite are usually inexperienced riders (to begin with) who have never toured before. (usually) So, its generally very relaxed and has to be relatively stress free. Though there have been a few memorable occasions when we 'off roaded' by accident.. I got a shedload of earache. from them all aside from one chap on a TRX850 who thought it was a hoot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

here's one i stole earlier , notice its  appropriately parked next to a bin .

F63B97AE-144D-4B16-A9B3-095BCC5F491A.thumb.jpeg.8f0bd41cd8625726abdcc6332b9b0260 (1).jpeg

We know it isn't yours, there is no van.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Motobiker said:

It can be summed up quite easily. The region we were due to visit is now a flood disaster zone on an epic scale its also impossible to go to France without an enforced quarantine when we return. And I cannot knowingly do that. It seems just wrong to carry on being in denial or hope there might be a turnaround.

The plan for next year is a 2 week trip to the Austrian Alps and Italian Dolomites, same time.  The weekend after August Bank Holiday. So will be trying to shift tunnels bookings etc to that date, if a refund isn't possible. And will begin thrashing out the details later this year once we are in the winter blues and need something to look forward to.

And hope for better times.

IMG_0128.jpg

Sounds like a plan Stan. I’d be up for a bit of trail riding 💃 but probably best not on the Bandit, that is assuming it lives past its current hiccup.

Had a look at the pics n posts on the other place. The flooding situation looks dire, as if anyone in hospitality needs another knock 😢 

Great pic. Are you using a camera phone?