Has Everybody Flounced?

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No joy with another job?

nope, problem is really that any new job wants to pay minimum legal wage "to start with" which is basically 30% less than I currently earn. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MooN said:

nope, problem is really that any new job wants to pay minimum legal wage "to start with" which is basically 30% less than I currently earn. 

Catch 22 then!

54 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

In case anyone is worried, I'm doing more important things at the moment.

No we weren't Dave......and you doing important things?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Strangely quiet today!

Somebody giving bikes away?

Fast And Furious Brian Oconner GIF by The Fast Saga

Talking to yourself (almost)......only me and Tym logged on.

We have been looking after our granddaughter all day............jeez, iam knackered.

• Like 3

On 13/07/2021 at 21:17, MooN said:

not worth taking then

43 minutes ago, skyrider said:

not worth taking then

not yet, no. I'm actually still almost hoping that the company will fold ( I know it's on the cards) that way I get a "licenciement economique" with a reduncy cheque of about 4 months wages, the equivalent of 70percent of pre tax monthly wage for up to a year, free or paid retraining etc etc.... As things stand I would have to stop working and pay for retraining...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

not yet, no. I'm actually still almost hoping that the company will fold ( I know it's on the cards) that way I get a "licenciement economique" with a reduncy cheque of about 4 months wages, the equivalent of 70percent of pre tax monthly wage for up to a year, free or paid retraining etc etc.... As things stand I would have to stop working and pay for retraining...

Our lives, as we knew it, have changed a lot Chris.

• Thanks 1

The first anniversary of my early retirement a couple of days ago. Got to say, I don't miss working. 

Feel for everyone who's life's are unsettled with everything that's going on at the moment. It's a tough time for a lot of people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tango said:

The first anniversary of my early retirement a couple of days ago. Got to say, I don't miss working. 

Feel for everyone who's life's are unsettled with everything that's going on at the moment. It's a tough time for a lot of people. 

Question mark around my boy's status in Poland now.....the right wing government are saying his papers aren't right. That's despite having residency there for 5 years.

He's contacted the British Embassy to see if they can do anything.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Question mark around my boy's status in Poland now.....the right wing government are saying his papers aren't right. That's despite having residency there for 5 years.

The world is pretty f*cked up right now, isn't it?

I hope that he can get something sorted.

9 minutes ago, Tango said:

The world is pretty f*cked up right now, isn't it?

I hope that he can get something sorted.

We've never lived through times like these before Bob!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

The problem is there for all to see British.😢

• Like 3

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

Isn´t he married to a local?

In some countries, the parents of a national are entitled to more than foreigners, is his boy Polish?

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In some countries, the parents of a national are entitled to more than foreigners, is his boy Polish?

when I had an aussie employee, his wife was a european national, he had a residence permit due to his wife's nationality, but he was very limited work wise as he had to prove, every year, that his wife, as the european national in the couple, was the principal earner. If that was not the case, they removed his work permit. 

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Unfortunately yes!

The eldest grandson Jake has joint Polish/British citizenship, and he's now applying for the British citizenship for the youngest one (julian).

Thing is, Poland is an extreme right wing totalitarian state now (in league with the Catholic Church)......so basic human rights are not a consideration there.

He does want to get them out of there......but he should have done it before Brexit! I fucking told him but the only one he listens to is her! And she ain't right in the fucking head!

• Like 2