Book Club - What are you reading at the moment?

Grasshopper

This is the thread to share what book you are reading at the moment.  It doesn't have to be related to motorcycles, but try to keep it to what you are currently reading.  

Cat Read GIF

I am currently reading, Home by Seven by Steph Jeavons

Here is a quick summary:

One woman's solo journey to ride all seven continents on two wheels. A Welsh girl, Steph Jeavons ran away to see the world. She wanted to see the sunset from every angle. She wanted to see an orangutan and a baobab tree. She wanted to become the first person to circumnavigate the globe and ride a motorcycle on all seven continents - and to sing karaoke on the way. 😎

----------------------

It is really good so far and very refreshing to read.  Refreshing in the way that she is rough around the edges and doesn't hide it.  She speaks her mind and considering her lows in life, still managed an amazing adventure that no one else has done.  A serious page turner.  :littleguy:

rs=w_600,h_600.jpeg

71rqnqdl+4L.jpeg

• Like 3

First off, apart from @Slowlycatchymonkey I can't imagine any of the genetic mutants on here having the intellectual capacity to read a book. :classic_laugh:

As for Steph, she's a seriously tough girl......good to see her doing so well now!

• Like 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

The Beano

What did I say earlier? This is a tough audience!

Though I do have a suspicion that @yen_powell might read books......cos he's very knowledgeable on graveyards and Victorian toilets! 

• Haha 2

@Grasshopper's Ride I love this thread cos I love a good book THANKYOU. @skyrider reads a lot of mobike books so he’ll have some good ones to offer up 😊

That @XTreme is a ride Ill never forget. Riding through the mud at night with the Himalayan’s less than brilliant headlight was an experience you dont forget 😂 Only 12 made it to the end (not including Steph) two slid off the side the mountain 😵 four had broken bones and the others spirits were crushed after 3 days of that stuff. 

Jeavons book is excellent, the honesty and rawness of her early drug addiction is worth a read on its own.

Currently reading Hunter S Thompsons Hells Angels. Some of its brilliantly observed and compelling reading other parts are like wading through treacle. Next up on my list is Nathan Millward’s Long Way Home. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@skyrider reads a lot of mobike books so he’ll have some good ones to offer up

Lionel can read? :classic_ohmy:

Why wasn't I told? :classic_unsure:

Boys.....we got a fucking intellectual onboard now! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What did I say earlier? This is a tough audience!

Though I do have a suspicion that @yen_powell might read books......cos he's very knowledgeable on graveyards and Victorian toilets! 

That's probably from first hand experiences not reading about it :littleguy:

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

This is the thread to share what book you are reading at the moment.  It doesn't have to be related to motorcycles, but try to keep it to what you are currently reading.  

Cat Read GIF

What i'm reading currently is this post which is as close as i'll get to reading a book. I have a bit of a problem reading books, after reading a page and then turning to the next i forget what happened on the previous page i just cant seem to get immersed in them. I did read a lot of comics when i was young but that's it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What i'm reading currently is this post which is as close as i'll get to reading a book. I have a bit of a problem reading books, after reading a page and then turning to the next i forget what happened on the previous page i just cant seem to get immersed in them. I did read a lot of comics when i was young but that's it

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Here's something on the intellectual level that @Six30 might be able to understand!

spacer.png

read that , the ending is shite...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

One syllable, well done.

Arsehole, thats two.... 

:rofl:

Lemon ..thats two :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

i bet that comes as a surprise 😊

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You see, I knew you would be surprised at the level of intellect around here! :littleguy:

• Haha 2