When I dropped my bike and its consequences

Sofia

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Looks great Sofia......and those bars are really thick too!

yes they are! the bike will be inpieces before the bars get a dent!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I love the bars, makes the bike look awesome, that is, more than it already was...  :littleguy:

You look very happy. ?

yes, I am! all round goodness!!

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

The bars do look sweet, @Tym

Even better then that, like, extra sweet, makes you want to start stunt riding the bike, without fear. :littleguy:

Just now, Tym said:

Even better then that, like, extra sweet, makes you want to start stunt riding the bike, without fear. :littleguy:

i am sure some people will think I do wheels all the time, but I only did them by mistake!! ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tym said:

I think I like it because lower bars make me think GS  :classic_laugh: :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sofia said:

still not found my confidence back, but it will come!! 

I'm sure you'd feel better on a more upright bike with higher bars Sofia.....I know I wouldn't feel right in that riding position. And it looks really heavy as well.

Have you thought about one of those 800 Tigers like @MooN has got?

Did you get the bars made, are they unique ? They look 'right ' on that bike as they match the subframe.

Can I also say that you look ace on that bike as well   :classic_cool:

Well done Pedro for helping out :littleguy:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I think I like it because lower bars make me think GS  :classic_laugh: :classic_ninja:

Thats because GS's and low bars go hand in hand. ? Team Green strikes again. 

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm sure you'd feel better on a more upright bike with higher bars Sofia.....I know I wouldn't feel right in that riding position. And it looks really heavy as well.

Have you thought about one of those 800 Tigers like @MooN has got?

Currently on the look out for a small ( like 250 ) off road type bike to go round the roads around me. Pedro is also helping  with that. 

I dislike anything upright and 21" spoke wheels, not at all my thing, and the modern stuff ( Tigers ) with the "TV screen" at the front does my head in!! I loved the Scrambler 1200, which surprised me a lot, but its like a naked bike on stilts so shouldn´t be so surprised. The same way I do not like sports bikes, although the Firestorm 1000 was very nice and I had a lot of fun on that, its a very soft/mild sports bike. The riding position of my bike is actually very comfortable. 

There are several factors contributing to my lack of confidence and for sure the type of bike does play a huge part on this equation. but nakeds are the bikes I feel happier on. Saying that, maybe an epiphany will happen and suddenly I accept my advancing years and join the millions and millions happy campers with ADVs, they can´t all be wrong!!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Did you get the bars made, are they unique ? They look 'right ' on that bike as they match the subframe.

Can I also say that you look ace on that bike as well   :classic_cool:

Well done Pedro for helping out :littleguy:

Thank you, always very good to get a compliment!! 

The bars are from Crazy Iron, a guy in Russia that you can find on Ebay. He makes them on request, so I sent him pictures of my bike and he really matched the color very well. Although the bike is mate, the sub frame is not and they really match it. To be honest if you didn't know bikes, you would think they were always there.  Its also good value at 317 euros, considering they are more or less bespoke and shipped from Latvia. 

Funny fact: ordered them 1 month after the wheel and they arrived 3 days before!! The guy made them somewhere in Russia, took them to Latvia and sent them and they still arrived before the wheel!! 

Very heavy bars, but not noticeable when riding. 

https://www.ebay.com/str/crazyironstore

• Like 2

Sofia's bike has a nice seating position, and is quite comfortable and neutral. I have trouble with the lack of steering lock because I've always had traillies that can turn on a dime, but that's it. It also weighs the same as a Tiger 800 but is way lower.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I Cant See Dont Look GIF by ABC Network

You're throwing these one liners out there to bring me in!

I think you're one of those ladies that likes teasing men! :littleguy:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think you're one of those ladies that likes teasing men! :littleguy:

Didnt you see the panda outfit? Grrrrrrr....:dancebanana:

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm more of a French Maid or Naughty Nurse man myself!

Bruce will want pics of you wearing your favorites, and Buck will suddenly have a camera. ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Bruce will want pics of you wearing your favorites, and Buck will suddenly have a camera. ? 

There's one of me in a dress if that helps.....

baby1.jpg.e3ca1365a51cff3a52b0ad8768b2186e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

you can ask @Six30 he thought I was a bloke right up to the point I went on my sabbatical ?

The moustache confuses people.

• Haha 1