Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

What river is that Yen ?

The Blackwater, looking at a map, it joins with the Chelmer just before it pops out at Maldon.Heybridge Basin. There is a river Brain as well and a Pod's Brook.

• Like 2

On 07/04/2021 at 21:11, yen_powell said:

The Blackwater, looking at a map, it joins with the Chelmer just before it pops out at Maldon.Heybridge Basin. There is a river Brain as well and a Pod's Brook.

I might try and get to the Brain tomorrow lunchtime in between estimates.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I might try and get to the Brain tomorrow lunchtime in between estimates.

Glad you posted a pic of the river, I had images of you packing an orbitoclast with your sarnies for a bit of light lunchtime lobotomising! ?

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad you posted a pic of the river, I had images of you packing an orbitoclast with your sarnies for a bit of light lunchtime lobotomising! ?

I'm glad for the rest of that sentence or I was going to have to google what an orbitoclast was.

8 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I'm glad for the rest of that sentence or I was going to have to google what an orbitoclast was.

Aah yes the intricate horrors of icepick lobotomies are not well known.. fortunately! If you fancy being utterly horrified have a look at icepick lobotomies in a America by a man called Walter Freeman. He loved a lobotomy so much he also did 19 children including a 4 year old! Just minor misdemeanours could land you up lobotomised!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Aah yes the intricate horrors of icepick lobotomies are not well known.. fortunately! If you fancy being utterly horrified have a look at icepick lobotomies in a America by a man called Walter Freeman. He loved a lobotomy so much he also did 19 children including a 4 year old! Just minor misdemeanours could land you up lobotomised!

I think there was mention of a Kennedy being done.

I used to know a lady, the mother of my then girlfriend, who would constantly talk, mostly moaning at me for wasting her daughter's time, moan about her husband, get violent occasionally. She once told me in a quieter moment that she had worked at the Daily Mirror as a young teenager and had some sort of break down and they had carried out an operation on her brain and she hadn't shut up since. Thinking back I always wondered if that's what they did to her.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I used to know a lady, the mother of my then girlfriend, who would constantly talk, mostly moaning at me for wasting her daughter's time, moan about her husband, get violent occasionally. She once told me in a quieter moment that she had worked at the Daily Mirror as a young teenager and had some sort of break down and they had carried out an operation on her brain and she hadn't shut up since. Thinking back I always wondered if that's what they did to her.

You think an ex-girlfriend's mother had a lobotomy? 

season 2 lol GIF

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

Sounds like it doesnt it. The frontal lobe houses impulse control. The UK werent big on surgical lobotomy, they just used to repeatedly fry it with electricity until the right ‘result’ was achieved.

Ive watched it being done in a psychiatric hospital. It was horrible. I was sent to see it because Id said its barbaric and unnecessary. It was three patients and they were all so severely depressed they’d even stopped eating. Before the ECT they were shells with no responses, they looked like the walking (shuffling) dead. I watched it being done and was then absolutely certain it was wrong and should be stopped, couldn’t believe it still went on in the 1990’s.

The next day all three had dressed themselves and were sitting at a table eating and talking like they were never depressed. It was a shock for me to see how well it had worked. The nurse looked at me and shrugged and said we don’t understand why it works either. The woman with severe post natal depression got to go home a few days later, she was thrilled.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

A few coastal moments on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia  ?

9D148CE5-7393-4957-BC91-897982C25A54_1_201_a.jpeg

858957B9-18C7-4680-928D-F96026CDE252_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e9937f3ad0b819cc1792ad351f5e4ab5.jpeg

Good to see you Michelle......I was wondering where you were?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you Michelle......I was wondering where you were?

Thanks Pete. ?

It was a crazy busy week and I am also living the life of an old dog owner.  Sometimes my sleep and routine come 2nd, as we try to make life as comfortable as possible for my old girl.  This past week was a hard one for her, but she keeps on going. :littleguy:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I am also living the life of an old dog owner. 

Same here.....ours are 14 and 15.

At one time we were up to 6.......these are the final 2 left.....both rescues!

• Like 2

I had 5 and have lost 3 recently. Its so painful I dont think Ill have another dog.

The last one got so thin before she went she was having raw feed with a slice of chopped streaky bacon, a dollop of smooth pate, a heaped tablespoon of weight gain powder and 3 drops of cannnabis oil. I haven’t been able to eat bacon since!! ?

The CBD oil did a remarkable job. Its worth considering if your old dog is arthritic. Works exceptionally well for arthritis. She started running again a week after she started that stuff. My other half has back and neck pain from decades of front row rugby and found it impossible to sleep through the night even with amitriptyline, now he doesnt even need it. Anyway heres a link to the dog rescue that sells the good stuff, I’m sure they’ll be a Canadian equivalent. 

https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I had 5 and have lost 3 recently. Its so painful I dont think Ill have another dog.

The last one got so thin before she went she was having raw feed with a slice of chopped streaky bacon, a dollop of smooth pate, a heaped tablespoon of weight gain powder and 3 drops of cannnabis oil. I haven’t been able to eat bacon since!! ?

The CBD oil did a remarkable job. Its worth considering if your old dog is arthritic. Works exceptionally well for arthritis. She started running again a week after she started that stuff. My other half has back and neck pain from decades of front row rugby and found it impossible to sleep through the night even with amitriptyline, now he doesnt even need it. Anyway heres a link to the dog rescue that sells the good stuff, I’m sure they’ll be a Canadian equivalent. 

https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk

Thanks, we have tried some of that CBD oil and it has improved her mobility somewhat.

It is a hard thing to watch as they age, I will for sure take a break after this one to have some freedom and travel. 

But I will most likely have some dogs when I am an old lady chasing people off my land with a shovel.... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took these one day whilst having something dug up with extreme prejudice round the corner. Best not to hang about in a yellow vest when people's china is vibrating across the table and they can't hear their tv, they tend to get a bit narky. Hertford Union Canal with Victoria Park in the background behind the towpath.

P1240213.JPG

P1240219.jpg

P1240225.jpg

• Like 5