Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

This picture has it all, moggies, plants, a dodgy scooter and a bit of medieval artillery ammunition. One of my holiday snaps when you could still go on holiday.

image.thumb.png.e9a20753432eb008b7565b35366631bd.png

The question we all need answered is was the Frangipane good?

9 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Beautiful landscape, can you ride through there?

Not legally and it has stiles you have to climb over, but no one would say anything if you took a bicycle through although technically a no no. Starts at the side of someone's garden here.

image.png.b5d40bad7e85314b048ae651a32f02bd.png

image.thumb.png.5fe26283d95b60ccb4b6d96d0f2b8ef6.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just access as a footpath then?

Yes, public footpath near me that I hadn't tried before, I think part of the return loop was bridleway, but that was a concrete road. If you look at the county maps for the mid 1700s some of the footpaths are shown in the same way as roads that are now carriageway so I suspect some just stopped having cart use and there was no evidence when they started categorising them in the 50s and 60s.

Shame. 

I once went to a ‘Young Farmers’ doo and proffered the idea it was ridiculous for an individual or company to say a bit of the planet belonged to them and them alone. “Who said it’s yours? Way back in the mists of time someone said this is mine, you can’t share in it, get off?” Madness.... well they thought I was mad ?

• Like 3

Just been out to my local park, well actually I started on some side roads to the town centre, got lost, thought I had found a new place and then discovered it was in fact the far end of my local park that I'd never been to before.

20210325_115730[1].jpg

20210325_115903.jpg

20210325_120022.jpg

20210325_120052.jpg

20210325_120236.jpg

20210325_120431.jpg

20210325_120436.jpg

20210325_120845.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Nice shots Yen! But how are you out on a bicycle today......aren't you working?

Lunch hour. You have to get away from the dopey email answering and drawing for a little while or go insane. Just been sent a load of consultant designed traffic calming work to make comments on after my last batch made them change everything. Now I can tear it apart with a refreshed hatred.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Lunch hour. You have to get away from the dopey email answering and drawing for a little while or go insane. Just been sent a load of consultant designed traffic calming work to make comments on after my last batch made them change everything. Now I can tear it apart with a refreshed hatred.

Drawing more little men then Yen? :classic_laugh:

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Drawing more little men then Yen? :classic_laugh:

No turds today, just coloured areas on plans for legal agreements. Later on I will imagine them as highly detailed plans and produce highway works estimates based on them which developers have to cough up in advance before they get their planning permission. It's legalised blackmail and very satisfying when you get money for the local streetscape from the people making loads of profit. This is the work we haven't been doing since January last year on paper because it's being taken over by another group, but so far they have done about 5 out of 50 or so that have come up.

I've also been dealing with a hissy fit between a mason, his supervisor, an electrical contractor and a white lining contractor. I have reminded the liner I helped him out yesterday with technical advice, the electrical contractor that I've told them how to get off of parking tickets on many occasions and the mason's supervisor that I have to agree his invoices before they get paid and I can leave them for 28 days before even glancing at them. So now I'm getting a zebra crossing moved over the weekend/Monday when the school is shut and not when the little horrors are rushing about in all directions being horrible twats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

No turds today, just coloured areas on plans for legal agreements. Later on I will imagine them as highly detailed plans and produce highway works estimates based on them which developers have to cough up in advance before they get their planning permission. It's legalised blackmail and very satisfying when you get money for the local streetscape from the people making loads of profit. This is the work we haven't been doing since January last year on paper because it's being taken over by another group, but so far they have done about 5 out of 50 or so that have come up.

I've also been dealing with a hissy fit between a mason, his supervisor, an electrical contractor and a white lining contractor. I have reminded the liner I helped him out yesterday with technical advice, the electrical contractor that I've told them how to get off of parking tickets on many occasions and the mason's supervisor that I have to agree his invoices before they get paid and I can leave them for 28 days before even glancing at them. So now I'm getting a zebra crossing moved over the weekend/Monday when the school is shut and not when the little horrors are rushing about in all directions being horrible twats.

I always said you were a very important guy Yen!

Or something along those lines I think.....

• Haha 1