Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

I thought if I went on my push bike via my nearest footpaths and bridleways I would gain access to some lovely narrow country lanes with no cars on them as well as some of the green lanes I used to ride my motorbike on. After two footpaths, a bridleway and another footpath I gave up due to the severe clagginess I found and rode back home. Here is a close up of my bike showing some nature on it.

image.thumb.png.ff71f068ae48fa8087085ef2165774d2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I thought if I went on my push bike via my nearest footpaths and bridleways I would gain access to some lovely narrow country lanes with no cars on them as well as some of the green lanes I used to ride my motorbike on. After two footpaths, a bridleway and another footpath I gave up due to the severe clagginess I found and rode back home. Here is a close up of my bike showing some nature on it.

image.thumb.png.ff71f068ae48fa8087085ef2165774d2.png

That definitely deserves a place here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Maybe a parakeet. Theyre well known as survivors n strong breeders. London parks have a high population of them. Known for a shrieky call. This pic is St James’ park in London

3D6A766D-B145-481B-88E0-08D2188CF224.jpeg

That does look very similar, but I think the ones here are a lot bigger. Hence me thinking it was a cockatoo and not a parakeet. I don't know. They are cool, though.

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ok sometimes i do the water was like a mirror that day one of the first places i'll be visiting when we are released

IMG_0880.thumb.JPG.ce084f198b87e57cd135d0ea5974d19f.JPG

IMG_0881.thumb.JPG.c48a4b5ad223c8988049ef99d7ef5764.JPG

South Wales.....and no old shopping trolleys or stolen cars in it? 

• Haha 2

I remember in the early 80's Swansea City Council installed new metal bus shelters throughout Townhill......and on the first weekend every one of them was uprooted and stolen for scrap. :classic_laugh:

And apparently nobody saw anything! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I remember in the early 80's Swansea City Council installed new metal bus shelters throughout Townhill......and on the first weekend every one of them was uprooted and stolen for scrap. :classic_laugh:

And apparently nobody saw anything! :classic_unsure:

About 10 years ago there was a sudden spate of manhole and other metal covers being stolen along with people risking life and limb cutting live cable alongside railways, scrap prices were good enough to take anything it seemed.

Our own highway inspectors would remain unseen for most of the month with a mass sighting of them on the day overtime and mileage sheets had to be put in. They all usually parked down the same back street and one winter day they all drove home in the dark without realising every single gulley cover in the road was missing. We use hinged covers now, even our road signs are composite rather than alloy. The worst thing was when a cast plate with names of fallen on a war memorial got pinched. I think the local scrap dealers clubbed together and paid for a new one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I found some lovely nature today........................

IMG_8463.thumb.JPEG.82a18b4f03ab161e277420a8c40c7cc5.JPEG

IMG_8464.thumb.JPEG.78df169a1cae5bfceb075bf4221bcf35.JPEG

I don't fancy the chances of that Duck  :classic_unsure:

Bloody hell, it looks like Blackgang Chine before it fell off the edge of the Isle of Wight into the sea.