So who hasnt ridden in 2021 yet?

Tym

20 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I've ridden lots of things ?

Oh you meant bike? Does the Dink count? HydraBish has done a few laps round the cruiser. That's got to count for something!

Well of course it’s loads better than sitting alone on the sofa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Own up. :littleguy:

you posted that just about the moment I rolloed out of the yard..... so I consider I got away with it ?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, MooN said:

you posted that just about the moment I rolloed out of the yard..... so I consider I got away with it ?

You just dont want to be the last one on this list! :wave:

Me, ain't been anywhere. Unless I can count my pushbike, been to work n back a couple of times.

Thought I'd get out last weekend till the bloody gritters spewed their shit everywhere again. Got loads of rain in the forecast to wash it away closely followed by another cold spell.:thud:

22 minutes ago, Earache said:

I haven't ridden  since September?. Hope to get out in May though.

I know you live in an amazing region for riding Eric......but I couldn't cope with it being only 4 months a year!

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I know you live in an amazing region for riding Eric......but I couldn't cope with it being only 4 months a year!

Hasn't been above 0C in weeks - although today is supposed to be really warm. But we have 75 mph winds today as well - I just can't win?

I may have to toss the bike in the truck and head to Mexico soon to ride.

IMG_1574.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Earache said:

Hasn't been above 0C in weeks - although today is supposed to be really warm. But we have 75 mph winds today as well - I just can't win?

I may have to toss the bike in the truck and head to Mexico soon to ride.

IMG_1574.JPG

That looks bloody great for a Portuguese, but I can see how it can get old after a few days :classic_laugh:

Can you drive well enough in that? No interest in other motorized things for the snow?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Can you drive well enough in that? No interest in other motorized things for the snow?

I drive a 4 WD Ford F150 pick up truck - it's high enough to clear most snow and can get through 24" snow easily enough. Much more than that and it "floats" on top of the snow as the snow packs up underneath it and lifts the wheels up. But it doesn't snow that much very often. 15" of snow is no problem at all.

Snowmobiles / snow machines don't interest me too much. It'd be fun but not worth the money required.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Earache said:

I drive a 4 WD Ford F150 pick up truck - it's high enough to clear most snow and can get through 24" snow easily enough. Much more than that and it "floats" on top of the snow as the snow packs up underneath it and lifts the wheels up. But it doesn't snow that much very often. 15" of snow is no problem at all.

Snowmobiles / snow machines don't interest me too much. It'd be fun but not worth the money required.

We definitely need to see a photo of that Eric, I'd love to have a F150  :littleguy:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

afraid i have to hold my hand up my steed is still sorned and has been for most of last year, its been a combination of work, covid and crap weather ?

If you SORN a bike and the MOT runs out, doesn't that invalidate the insurance?

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Only if you ride it on the road, it's still covered for fire and theft when parked up but you cannot ride it on the road until you have a new MOT and tax but you are covered to ride it to the MOT station after booking an appointment

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

no i have two bikes on sorn and both insured in case some scum nicks them 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Only if you ride it on the road, it's still covered for fire and theft when parked up but you cannot ride it on the road until you have a new MOT and tax but you are covered to ride it to the MOT station after booking an appointment

In Portugal, self cover is forbiddingly expensive when available, and except if it's a new bike it's simply not available. You end up taking your chances. ?

I guess the insurance companies think there would be a lot of insurance fraud if they were to allow bike self damage coverage, I think they are right in their assumptions :classic_laugh:

17 hours ago, Pedro said:

In Portugal, self cover is forbiddingly expensive when available, and except if it's a new bike it's simply not available. You end up taking your chances. ?

I guess the insurance companies think there would be a lot of insurance fraud if they were to allow bike self damage coverage, I think they are right in their assumptions :classic_laugh:

What do you mean by self cover @Pedro