Another Lockdown Coming?

XTreme

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've heard of similar plans for Portugal starting during January.

I was going to comment on the ironic emphasis put on region and classes, but then I noticed you´re quoting catalan news :classic_laugh:

Can take the Pete away from Wales, but can't take the insurgent minority out of Pete :littleguy:?

• Haha 3

they've easd the lock down rules here a little as of today. much stays the same but all shops are now allowed to reopen but restrict access to 1 client per 3m2 i think. restaurants and bars remain shut. we're now allowed 20km and 3 hrs recreation as opposed to 1h 1km last week. 

• Like 1

I read that France have got the 'R' rate down to 0.65, that's because they do a proper lockdown.

Your average person in UK hasn't got a fucking clue what's going as it changes from week to week.  Boris is too weak to make a good leader, no one's taking any notice ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

First batch of vaccines done today on over 80's , I hope they're not using them as guinea pigs ?

Well they're the first ones to proceed......so they're into new territory now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well they're the first ones to proceed......so they're into new territory now.

Absolutely, I think there's a fair bit of suspicion as in ' why are we getting it before any other country'  but I'd be first in the queue if they offered it to me.  That way I would know if it's safe for my wife and son.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Absolutely, I think there's a fair bit of suspicion as in ' why are we getting it before any other country'  but I'd be first in the queue if they offered it to me.  That way I would know if it's safe for my wife and son.

I'm 2 groups above the wife so I'll be getting it first.

• Like 1

There's two schools of thought, first is what the UK is doing and what most countries with political correctness sensitive people will do, which is to try and vaccine older people first since that's the demographic that dies the most if infected.

Second school of thought states that the rate of vaccine success is a lot higher in younger people (this is a fact for most vaccines so far, regardless of covid), so those should be vaccinated earlier to stop as much as possible the spreading of the virus. No absolute right or wrong.

The UK people would complain if they were last after every European country, and they complain that they're first, would they be happy with third? fourth? fifth? You can always point the finger at any policy as every policy as flaws, but at some point you have to just go ahead and advance. I would love if it had been Portugal to be first and would happily pay to be vaccinated today.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

There's two schools of thought, first is what the UK is doing and what most countries with political correctness sensitive people will do, which is to try and vaccine older people first since that's the demographic that dies the most if infected.

Second school of thought states that the rate of vaccine success is a lot higher in younger people (this is a fact for most vaccines so far, regardless of covid), so those should be vaccinated earlier to stop as much as possible the spreading of the virus. No absolute right or wrong.

The UK people would complain if they were last after every European country, and they complain that they're first, would they be happy with third? fourth? fifth? You can always point the finger at any policy as every policy as flaws, but at some point you have to just go ahead and advance. I would love if it had been Portugal to be first and would happily pay to be vaccinated today.

You're way down on the list though Pedro!

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Only been into the centre of London once!...........Years and years ago!

Once was enough!......what a shithole!.

I've only ever been about 2 or 3 times back in the 70s/80s.......and one of those times was visiting bike shops.

• Like 1

I think I've only been through London on a bike once that was about 30 years ago, I was following a mate to catch a ferry at Dover and he said we'll go through London as he new it like the back of his hand as he was a courier there for years, all i can say is if i could have caught him up i would have killed him it was no fun on a bike two up fully loaded never again

• Like 1

I have been through most bits but only knew a few areas well. East London obviously as I work there and have to move about it. The route from there to Paddington via Madame Tussauds and Sherlock Holmes house as I was dropping my ex off to get the train to welsh Wales (St Clears) or to work at the waxworks regularly. And the route along the river to cut through to the M3 when I was travelling to Devon a lot on the bike.

Anything else I was usually lost. The last time I was lost about 18 months ago I saw Buckingham Palace, a lay down protest by cyclists in Parliament, riot police running to another row about race and St Pauls Cathedral before I found my way back to east London.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I have been through most bits but only knew a few areas well. East London obviously as I work there and have to move about it. The route from there to Paddington via Madame Tussauds and Sherlock Holmes house as I was dropping my ex off to get the train to welsh Wales (St Clears) or to work at the waxworks regularly. And the route along the river to cut through to the M3 when I was travelling to Devon a lot on the bike.

Anything else I was usually lost. The last time I was lost about 18 months ago I saw Buckingham Palace, a lay down protest by cyclists in Parliament, riot police running to another row about race and St Pauls Cathedral before I found my way back to east London.

Is your ex still in St Clears Yen? And how did she end up going there?

I spent a long weekend in London on February 2014 with Maria, went to see the Phantom of the Opera, had sushi, codfish and ships, the works. We slept in a hotel not far away from the cafe where that dude got his face burned in "Layer Cake". 

Good stuff, quite enjoyed it.

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just seen this shot taken in Oxford Street, London this evening........I thought there were some sort of restrictions in place?

And hardly anybody has masks on?

EpODOH2W8AksvvS.jpg.ca2aa947f046c91c0afffd1945686a63.jpg

Have a look at the demographic there, it's mostly yougsters.  I don't want to sound like an old man but it's them that don't give a fuck.

It spreads in university's , pubs and now there getting tier 3 from tomorrow in London, what a surprise ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What is happening in Oxford Street in that Picture? That's not a normal amount of people

Xmas panic buying probably! Every Xmas in the shops there is like the WWE Royal Rumble.

Couldn't believe it when I came to Spain and found there was none of that madness here.......cos that was all I'd ever known.

They even start fighting in the shops back there cos they're so fucking thick.

18 hours ago, XTreme said:

Is your ex still in St Clears Yen? And how did she end up going there?

No, she's in Devon, her parents are still in St Clears though. Her Dad has been helping my son on his new house in Devon, building a false chimney breast and plumbing in the new kitchen fitting gas heating etc, he's got to be knocking on 80 and still very active. Just been googling her Dad last night, he was in a band a long time ago called The Vikings, a skiffle band if that helps date it. The band gets mentioned in stuff about The Move and Wizzard as various members went on to form those. He left at exactly the wrong time by the sound of it. Still got his drums though and plays a mean guitar a skill he has passed on to my son where as I failed my recorder test at school.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1