Third Weekend in April!

XTreme

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

20240419_205610.thumb.jpg.cead2c7269c35687277e22b9d605ac7b.jpg

i would have been but..... it was hospital time at 8pm and he was delivered at 8.25pm.

Both of them are doing very well, we've named him Leo, now that's enough dustbin lids for us, hopefully we will take him home Sunday morning. 

Congratulations, your family is in my prayers, I’ll be back to ripping the piss out of you before you know it though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Thanks Saul, it was a close run thing though, we didn't have long before he'd have been born either at home or in the car, once we got to the delivery suite it was 12 minutes from the moment she got on the bed to him entering the world 

I bet the missus is quite happy for a short labour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Congratulations, your family is in my prayers, I’ll be back to ripping the piss out of you before you know it though.

Apparently , rich  taught Leo how to ride in the hospital car park and little  Leo road the Busa home via Thruxton

• Haha 5

Just now, Six30 said:

Apparently , rich  taught Leo how to ride in the hospital car park and Leo road the Busa home via Thruxton

I heard he is already taller than his dad.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

i would have been but..... it was hospital time at 8pm and he was delivered at 8.25pm.

Both of them are doing very well, we've named him Leo, now that's enough dustbin lids for us, hopefully we will take him home Sunday morning. 

Congratulations! He does look like you!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Haha the poor bugger, though you're not the only one that has said that 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Poor kid has only been in the world a few hours and he is already being trolled by a Mexican.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I meant it as a compliment. Must be a great feeling.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

yeh , i can see the likeness...

20240419_205610.jpg.cd78a4ff82cb290981eb0e5e63e40e6c.jpg

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I meant it as a compliment. Must be a great feeling.

Haha I know you did mate, he's a great little fella, even if neither of us slept a wink last night 

• Like 5

On 19/04/2024 at 16:35, boboneleg said:

What carbs does it have Bob ?  If they are Mikuni's (BST's) then the o rings perish where the float needle sits.  This causes the float bowl to overflow as the needle can't keep the float at the required level .

They are Mikuni's Bob, but I've fitted a carb rebuild kit to both, so they have new float needles. I operated the floats with the float bowls off to make sure that the fuel flow stops when I lift the floats, and that all seems to work OK. The floats themselves appear to be ok too. The float needles seem to move ok too, without sticking, so I'll put the float bowls back on and put some tubing on the float drains and see what level the fuel goes to. 👍

• Like 3

14 hours ago, busabeast said:

Congratulations mate. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

They are Mikuni's Bob, but I've fitted a carb rebuild kit to both, so they have new float needles. I operated the floats with the float bowls off to make sure that the fuel flow stops when I lift the floats, and that all seems to work OK. The floats themselves appear to be ok too. The float needles seem to move ok too, without sticking, so I'll put the float bowls back on and put some tubing on the float drains and see what level the fuel goes to. 👍

The problem I’m talking about isn’t with the actual needles but the o ring that sits in the seat. They fail and let the fuel past so that the float level rises.

If you’re doing the measure with the tubing and you find the level is wrong replace the o rings with viton items as they’re not affected by the shit fuel we have now .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

replace the o rings with viton items

Exactly!

Get some viton items! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

The problem I’m talking about isn’t with the actual needles but the o ring that sits in the seat. They fail and let the fuel past so that the float level rises.

If you’re doing the measure with the tubing and you find the level is wrong replace the o rings with viton items as they’re not affected by the shit fuel we have now .

Do you have a diagram of the carbs Bob? I've been using the Haynes manual, but it's not the most detailed! From what I could see, the float needles have a rubber/viton tip, which seats onto a machined seat? There was no sign of an o-ring in there from what I could see. The kits did have an o-ring of sorts in them, that I couldn't find a home for, these were not normal o-rings, but elongated, like if you stacked several o-rings on top of one another. 

On 19/04/2024 at 16:35, boboneleg said:

What carbs does it have Bob ?  If they are Mikuni's (BST's) then the o rings perish where the float needle sits.  This causes the float bowl to overflow as the needle can't keep the float at the required level .

Actually,  Bob, I've just checked and it has Keihin carbs on it! CV's. I'm hoping that the problem is just the float height and I don't have to remove the carbs again,  as they're an arse to remove and refit!

• Like 3