Destinations in Wales

Saul

Thinking about going up to Wales for a couple of days when I am one leave.   Any recommendations?   Only been to Wales half a dozen times and that usually meant getting pissed in Cardiff, there must be a bit more to see than that?  Pretty stuff, Castles, coastal roads, bikers cafes that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

There's always Swansea?

I have seen what you posted about Swansea before,   i think I will give that a miss thanks.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Thinking about going up to Wales for a couple of days when I am one leave.   Any recommendations?   Only been to Wales half a dozen times and that usually meant getting pissed in Cardiff, there must be a bit more to see than that?  Pretty stuff, Castles, coastal roads, bikers cafes that sort of thing.

Depends what your after i find coastal stuff too busy. I always recommend the Elan valley to Tregaron and then back via Llyn Brianne Llandovery Owls nest Cafe there but it all depends where you are staying and how long a ride you want

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have seen what you posted about Swansea before,   i think I will give that a miss thanks.   

Swansea is a nice place to visit it was a shit hole when Pete lived there but it's all been redeveloped since he's left

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Depends what your after i find coastal stuff too busy. I always recommend the Elan valley to Tregaron and then back via Llyn Brianne Llandovery Owls nest Cafe there but it all depends where you are staying and how long a ride you want

Planning is still very nassient at the moment.  I plan to stay in Brizzle on the way up with a mate,  probably stay two or 3 nights Air B&B or similar in Wales, but apart from that I haven't given it a lot of thought, haven't ridden a long way in a long time so sort of breaking myself in slowly.  Prolly 200 mile days or so.    

• Like 4

When are you planning to go.  I could lead you on a day ride on some of my favourite roads . You're guaranteed mud, sheep shit and grass down the middle on all of them  :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

When are you planning to go.  I could lead you on a day ride on some of my favourite roads . You're guaranteed mud, sheep shit and grass down the middle on all of them  :classic_unsure:

I appreciate the offer mate but that doesn't sound like Hornet territory.    I can get greasy,  sheep shitty, grass in the middle type  roads down here  a plenty.   Going late Feb early March time.     

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Saul said:

Looks like the type of thing I want to see 👍

Check out my uk ride report from last year. I think I specify the roads we went on, It was lovely.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Check out my uk ride report from last year. I think I specify the roads we went on, It was lovely.

Will do Pedro.  👍

18 hours ago, boboneleg said:

When are you planning to go.  I 😁could lead you on a day ride on some of my favourite roads . You're guaranteed mud, sheep shit and grass down the middle on all of them  :classic_unsure:

sounds like it could be a good outing  

• Like 1

I did a few days there a good few years back on my Speed Triple. Stayed with friends in Telford for a night and then did a bit of Snowdonia. First day was lovely,  the second day not so much! I camped 1 night at a pub in the Snowdonia Park, got soaked the following day, so I gave up on the camping and stayed a couple of nights in a guesthouse in Barmouth to let my kit dry out. I then went down and stayed in a pub in Tenby and then headed back from there. Fortunately, apart from day 2, it was mainly dry. It was a good trip.

20130530_130842.thumb.jpg.7657c02de0748e41fa3619c380556332.jpg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Who knew Bob was Welsh....

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Depends what your after i find coastal stuff too busy, too many eyes around to have a good sheeping time. I always recommend the Elan valley to Tregaron and then back via Llyn Brianne Llandovery Owls nest Cafe there but it all depends where you are staying and how long a ride you want

What fred meant Saul 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Marcel said:

I'd like to visit those areas one day...if only you idiots didn't ride on the wrong of the road...could be very dangerous..

You’ve got no idea @Marcel, it’s insane!

They also wait and everyone gives people space and right of way while people patiently drive about. Makes no sense!

• Haha 10