Odd one!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You see, @Six30 should definitely have had the mod gig

I've been saying that for years......but he always gets knocked back because he's an annoying cunt.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

We definitely want to grow the forum.....without it growing we risk it going the way of it's predecessors. The problem is.....growing it with what type of people?

Most of us here are old, working class, lifetime bikers and greasers........there's a big culture difference compared to later generations.

Do we all have to become PC and tone our language down? That's not us.....and I don't think many of us could maintain that persona for long. It's not who we are!

I've always felt it's more a case of attracting like-minded people who feel at home in this type of oldschool environment. 

Not against any of that and to be honest it's part of why I like the place, just making the point that making an effort to keep it work safe would do no harm.  Doesn't mean we have to be all woke or whatever the term is for being old and wrong headed is nowadays, its seems like everyone is trying to make me feel guilty for something I haven't done. 

Sorry I digress, bit less of the pensioner nudity might make people browsing at work a bit less paranoid. 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saul said:

bit less of the pensioner nudity might make people browsing at work a bit less paranoid.

Six has moderated me.....I'm a changed man!

Just hope I don't get the mange again!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Six has moderated me.....I'm a changed man!

Just hope I don't get the mange again!

OKAY 🤪   Don't go changin for my sake 😘   I was a Mod on UKSaabs for a few years and have got a rough idea of what works and what to avoid.     Not doing a Six, I don't want the gig . 🤣

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Saul said:

OKAY 🤪   Don't go changin for my sake 😘   I was a Mod on UKSaabs for a few years and have got a rough idea of what works and what to avoid.     Not doing a Six, I don't want the gig . 🤣

Six is always bigging it up about becoming a moderator,  but when the opportunity arises he runs the other way! Maybe he's seen how low the bar's been set, but it's still beyond his reach? 😉😂😂

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Tango said:

Six is always bigging it up about becoming a moderator,  but when the opportunity arises he runs the other way! Maybe he's seen how low the bar's been set, but it's still beyond his reach? 😉😂😂

I think the power and all the buttons i would have would go to my head ...i would turn into a right cunt.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Not against any of that and to be honest it's part of why I like the place, just making the point that making an effort to keep it work safe would do no harm.  Doesn't mean we have to be all woke or whatever the term is for being old and wrong headed is nowadays, its seems like everyone is trying to make me feel guilty for something I haven't done. 

Sorry I digress, bit less of the pensioner nudity might make people browsing at work a bit less paranoid. 😉

You're just an old pussy eh Saul 😂

28 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I think the power and all the buttons i would have would go to my head ...i would turn into a right cunt.

I don't disagree but how could you turn in to a right cunt if you already are 

• Haha 2

Just now, busabeast said:

I don't disagree but how could you turn in to a right cunt if you already are 

robert de niro goodfellas GIF

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pedro said:

Nope, no time for that knowledge of here, he is just a drama queen and over reacted to this place as he did to his insignificant bike issue.

Yup my first thoughts were the same, he wanted everyone to back him up and stroke his ego, who the fuck joins a forum and their first post is a question, only someone looking for attention.

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

We definitely want to grow the forum.....without it growing we risk it going the way of it's predecessors. The problem is.....growing it with what type of people?

Most of us here are old, working class, lifetime bikers and greasers........there's a big culture difference compared to later generations.

Do we all have to become PC and tone our language down? That's not us.....and I don't think many of us could maintain that persona for long. It's not who we are!

I've always felt it's more a case of attracting like-minded people who feel at home in this type of oldschool environment. 

I’m only here because @XTreme told me he needed help in raising the amount of swearing used on the forum. The fucking cunt said you lot were complete wank stains and were far too posh.

Now I know he was wrong and that you are, indeed, all fucking cunts.

………….that’s gotta be worth a bonus payment @XTreme?

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

A number of you replied to the thread in Motorcycle Chat by the user "Owen" asking for advice on a bike that had had a bad PDI.

Well for reasons unknown he deleted his thread then requested that his account be deleted.....which I've obviously complied with.

Not sure what to make of that really!

Could of warned us before deleting, could have given him a proper send off.

• Haha 6

Here's a thought!

We know bikers now are different to all of us oldies. Go back to the 70's and we were all classed as undesirables because back then we were world's removed from our parents' generation in terms of outlook.

Now of course things are different. Bikers are older, they've got money and are more than welcome anywhere.

There's not really the youth culture around bikes like there was in our day. People are starting later and they're not broke like we were. Are the working class even getting into bikes anymore?

So besides the generational difference.......is there a class difference? The latter day posh bikers seeing us as undesirables?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I’m only here because @XTreme told me he needed help in raising the amount of swearing used on the forum. The fucking cunt said you lot were complete wank stains and were far too posh.

Now I know he was wrong and that you are, indeed, all fucking cunts.

………….that’s gotta be worth a bonus payment @XTreme?

You're only here cos I was fucking desperate for members!

When you'll take Cockneys you know you've hit rock bottom.

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Here's a thought!

We know bikers now are different to all of us oldies. Go back to the 70's and we were all classed as undesirables because back then we were world's removed from our parents' generation in terms of outlook.

Now of course things are different. Bikers are older, they've got money and are more than welcome anywhere.

There's not really the youth culture around bikes like there was in our day. People are starting later and they're not broke like we were. Are the working class even getting into bikes anymore?

So besides the generational difference.......is there a class difference? The latter day posh bikers seeing us as undesirables?

Just for thought though, consider that that is very relative to where you were living in back then.

A big bike like all those brit bikes that blue collar broke undesirables were riding in the UK were a rich man’s bike in Portugal and Spain, and maybe Italy too. Here if you were riding a 500 or 600 Triumph before 1974 that meant you were either a person with plenty of disposable income or had rich parents, usually older gentlemen or rich kids.

Brokies used to ride 50cc national made bikes, now that was properly dire! I don’t think they were undesirables though, just broke.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Just for thought though, consider that that is very relative to where you were living in back then.

A big bike like all those brit bikes that blue collar broke undesirables were riding in the UK were a rich man’s bike in Portugal and Spain, and maybe Italy too. Here if you were riding a 500 or 600 Triumph before 1974 that meant you were either a person with plenty of disposable income or had rich parents, usually older gentlemen or rich kids.

Brokies used to ride 50cc national made bikes, now that was properly dire! I don’t think they were undesirables though, just broke.

How were bikers treated back then Pedro, i got into road bikes in the late 80's and there were very few cafe's or pubs that would allow you in, there were even signs outside some places saying no bikers and it was even worse in the 70's

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You're only here cos I was fucking desperate for members!

When you'll take Cockneys you know you've hit rock bottom.

……..and that’s why I feel so comfortable here 🤣

• Haha 3