14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

……..and that’s why I feel so comfortable here 🤣

Nothing to live up to here Ray!

The pressure is off!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

it was even worse in the 70's

It was brilliant!

Cops used to put up road blocks to stop gangs of us entering places like Tenby and Saundersfoot!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I rather like the idea of not being welcomed everywhere.

Nothing better than being an outcast on the fringes of society Ray!

You noticed how many guys of our generation are now sad, boring cunts?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How were bikers treated back then Pedro, i got into road bikes in the late 80's and there were very few cafe's or pubs that would allow you in, there were even signs outside some places saying no bikers and it was even worse in the 70's

I think none of that here, none of the biker culture you had as I think being a biker simply wasn't a thing. In the 60s and up to 1974 Portugal was a very conservative dictatorship, "God, Country and Family" was the motto and taken seriously. Political and vice police and censorship meant acting tough on motorcycles would see you ending up worse than being banned from a pub. Mostly I think bikes were a working man's mode of transport to go to work and back, surely there must have been tough guys, and guys enjoying motorcycles even if only 50cc, but I don't think motorcycles were a symbol of anything except not having money for a car.

Having said that, I was born in 1981 so what do I know :classic_laugh:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

I think none of that here, none of the biker culture you had as I think being a biker simply wasn't a thing. In the 60s and up to 1974 Portugal was a very conservative dictatorship, "God, Country and Family" was the motto and taken seriously. Political and vice police and censorship meant acting tough on motorcycles would see you ending up worse than being banned from a pub. Mostly I think bikes were a working man's mode of transport to go to work and back, surely there must have been tough guys, and guys enjoying motorcycles even if only 50cc, but I don't think motorcycles were a symbol of anything except not having money for a car.

I think it was the same here.

18 hours ago, Pedro said:

Yes my bike was my only mode of transport as it was cheap back then but definitely the other way around now 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes my bike my only mode of transport as it was cheap back then but definitely the other way around now 

My first two wheeler back in 71 was a 1962 Lambretta TV175......paid 22.50 for it! I was fucking ripped off! I think the reg was 639 AWN!

However, I did sell it for 35 quid a couple of months later after binning it about ten times! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

My first two wheeler back in 71 was a 1962 Lambretta TV175......paid 22.50 for it! I was fucking ripped off! I think the reg was 639 AWN!

However, I did sell it for 35 quid a couple of months later after binning it about ten times! :classic_laugh:

Yes you were ripped off you could have bought an annual bus pass for that and saved your street cred :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6