Change of Bike in 2024?

XTreme

I remember them being pretty tall although there was a couple of them with lady riders. Hope it ticks all the boxes and enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

I remember them being pretty tall although there was a couple of them with lady riders. Hope it ticks all the boxes and enjoy.

It is quite tall. Im just ball if footing it. Its been lowered and has a low seat on it. Id like more of my foot on the floor tbh but it is what it is and i will just have to see how we get on. 🤞 i did have my very thick armoured winter trousers on and lose a bit of height and the seat on these bikes is very narrow. I could get a bit more taken out of the seat too if needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

Didn't you have one of those pete bbc wow GIF

And very nice isn't what you called it if I remember correctly 

No.....I had the R1200GS....POS!

That one has the Rotax engine assembled in Germany.

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....I had the R1200GS....POS!

That one has the Rotax engine assembled in Germany.

Wasn't your most recent beemer an f800?

12 hours ago, busabeast said:

Wasn't your most recent beemer an f800?

The Chinese one he had was more reliable than the kraut one.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the new Hornet 750 in every colour available last Saturday.
I'm not a fan of the headlight. It looks a bit weird with the screen's shape.Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.09.57.png

In my opinion they made it look better on the CB500F.
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.08.42.png

This being said, I still like my bike too much to look for another one.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, JustaPor said:

I saw the new Hornet 750 in every colour available last Saturday.
I'm not a fan of the headlight. It looks a bit weird with the screen's shape.Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.09.57.png

In my opinion they made it look better on the CB500F.
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.08.42.png

This being said, I still like my bike too much to look for another one.

As you probably know I traded my CB500F for a Hornet.   I agree with the light looking a bit odd.  I bought a small screen that improves things in my opinion.  Ride a Hornet if you can I am confident you will be impressed, very much like the CB500 just better in every way.   I love  mine and the only downside for me was the higher fuel consumption, but that is the only thing I can think of and not a big deal in any way.  

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.a4a15900440c342dfdc72299caa3f1c5.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Saul said:

As you probably know I traded my CB500F for a Hornet.   I agree with the light looking a bit odd.  I bought a small screen that improves things in my opinion.  Ride a Hornet if you can I am confident you will be impressed, very much like the CB500 just better in every way.   I love  mine and the only downside for me was the higher fuel consumption, but that is the only thing I can think of and not a big deal in any way.  

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.a4a15900440c342dfdc72299caa3f1c5.jpeg

I don't doubt that it's a better bike in every way. It's just the headlight that looks weird to me.
Yours looks great with that screen on it as it hides the weird part of the headlight.

I still don't want to change to a different bike.
Mine has just 6000km and I still love it as much as I did the day I bought it. Even if sometimes it could be better if it had a bit more power.
And, as you've said, the fuel consumption is great.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JustaPor said:

I don't doubt that it's a better bike in every way. It's just the headlight that looks weird to me.
Yours looks great with that screen on it as it hides the weird part of the headlight.

I still don't want to change to a different bike.
Mine has just 6000km and I still love it as much as I did the day I bought it. Even if sometimes it could be better if it had a bit more power.
And, as you've said, the fuel consumption is great.

I am a big fan of the CB500F it is an excellent bike and for the cost I don't think anything comes close.  So I understand why you don't want to change.  I only did 5000 miles on mine and I couldn't really fault it, but mine was bought for commuting to work and when I decided to stop that I felt that I could buy something with a bit more fun factor which lead me to the Hornet.  I looked at several other bikes but the Hornet was the right choice for me although a Triumph 660 ran it close.  I think that my affection for the CB500F probably tipped me in favour of the Hornet, they are very alike in many ways.  

• Like 2

On 10/01/2024 at 21:14, gymwitch said:

Cool. 

a few years ago i sat on one at southport superbikes and that was it i decided that no way i was taking it for a test run it was too big and heavy so i bought a cb5 instead 

I have a hankering for a Triumph Rocket, I need to do the man maths to justify it, and I can just about fit another bike in the garage ... 😄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nute said:

I have a hankering for a Triumph Rocket, I need to do the man maths to justify it, and I can just about fit another bike in the garage ... 😄 

I like them, on paper. Had a sit on one and found it just too massive.

• Like 1

The Triumph Rocket is a cool beast..... they remind me of the time I had a sit on a Star Warrior....big bike w/ an alum. frame, but quite comfortable--

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nute said:

The Rocket looks like a locomotive in the flesh undoubtedly cool but enormous.    😎

Its that or a v-max or possibly an Indian scout. The first two would undoubtedly be easier to flog on if and when needed. 

When the weather gets a bit better I need to go try them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...