What’s your favourite looking bike?

Saul

I’m under no illusions about the practicality of this bike but my god look at it.    Just stunning and that green straight from the 1970’s.   The sound they make is something to behold.   Perfect for me, if I ever come into enough money to have a toy collection this would right at the top of the list.   

IMG_0795.thumb.jpeg.e0d992892357e956b4d6a532e9035d72.jpeg

Come on then what floats your two wheeled boat so to speak.    Not something you would necessarily want to ride everyday but something that just ticks the box.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This , it's not a factory bike but something that a guy in Wales made to resemble to original offering from Honda.  I could kick myself for not buying it when it was on sale .

Honda-XL600R-Dakar-Andrew-Greenland.jpg.d993347ed486469c629187d5779b6e1f.jpg

XL600 with a sexy dress?    Nice looking bike.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Saul said:

XL600 with a sexy dress?    Nice looking bike.  

It's actually a NX650 (Dominator) made to look like one of the XL600 Paris-Dakar bikes .  He made several versions of them ................

https://www.bikebound.com/tag/andrew-greenland/

• Like 3

I really could go for one of these again, I had one but mine was nowhere near as nice as this.  Been gently modded by the looks of it.  Love the nod to the original R500 with the indicators in the handlebar ends.   

Lovely old aircooled engine with good handling, brakes, electrics and a half decent gearbox, best air cooled boxer to live with.  What's not to love.  

r100r.thumb.jpeg.66275825f79d2866f863ad8d5a4592da.jpeg

Mine was this colour, mine had 6 owners before me and none of them gave a fuck about it and it showed.  I gave it up as a bad job in the end, just couldn't afford to get it running right.  I have a photo of it somewhere on a old HDD I will try and dig it out.  

greenr100r.thumb.jpeg.4a49b4bbbef074f507eff2afedb7b2cd.jpeg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Can’t argue about a Hayabusa!……..’kin hard work around Donnington Park though. 🤣

IMG_1013.jpeg

My Yamaha Majesty managed Donington quite well. 😂 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, busabeast said:

Can't be that hard to ride round a large track like donny

Take one heavy bike with enormous amounts of power and add one very hot summer day in July. Surround you and the bike with a hoard of ‘track-day heroes’ all on appropriately lighter bikes with absolutely no awareness of their own mortality.

I sat out the last session as I had to ride it home afterwards with my missus on the back and I was knackered.

Yep, it was hard enough. 🤣

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Take one heavy bike with enormous amounts of power and add one very hot summer day in July. Surround you and the bike with a hoard of ‘track-day heroes’ all on appropriately lighter bikes with absolutely no awareness of their own mortality.

I sat out the last session as I had to ride it home afterwards with my missus on the back and I was knackered.

Yep, it was hard enough. 🤣

It is hard doing track riding I just didn't really think it would take that much more to take a busa on the track over and above what it would be on something like the rsv