What’s your favourite looking bike?

Saul

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

How did we know that would be you're perfect bike, well maybe because we know you're scared of corners 

Hey Pete! Do you want your stalker back?

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Dudes with the latest 650/750 four strokes were blown into the weeds .

Not the case.....they'd be with you up to 60 then the big ones would be gone.

But the handling, for it's time, was very impressive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Not the case.....they'd be with you up to 60 then the big ones would be gone.

But the handling, for it's time, was very impressive.

Hmmmmmmmm, we'll have to agree to disagree on that then . I don't remember any four stroke in that range keeping up with my 350LC off the lights and as I said before the skinny forks were pretty good at getting you into a tank slapper , hence why so many peeps fitted a fork brace .  Mind you,  I can remember when I took it for a  MOT once the tester tightened up my steering head for me, that may not have helped the situation :classic_rolleyes:

Anyway, that was my experience .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

However, I would take issue with the 'precise steering'  cos from what I remember (again) those skinny forks gave me may a front-end wobble :classic_wacko:

i had 2 of the 350's and were rapid 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hmmmmmmmm, we'll have to agree to disagree on that then . I don't remember any four stroke in that range keeping up with my 350LC off the lights

Maybe you weren't up against a real rider Bob?

The bike doesn't make the man......the man makes the bike!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@busapussy would have blown everyone into the weeds if he had one back in the day. As it is all he does now is blow everyone in the truck stop.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Buckster said:

@busapussy would have blown everyone into the weeds if he had one back in the day. As it is all he does now is blow everyone in the truck stop.

And blows them better than anyone else I'd wager!

Truth GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

350LC was 47 bhp same as your CB.    Quite a bit lighter though.    I remember my mate trading his LC for a Powervavle, that was a whole different animal.  I also remember trying and failing to stay with them on my RD400D.  
The GS550 and CX500 were popular around here then, they were no match for the LC’s.  

• Like 2

When I was the tender age of 17 and had a gixxer 550, one of my mates had a faired 350 ypvs. It was quicker at the bottom end than my gixxer but I reeled him in as we picked up speed, handling was pretty much on par but the yam had a point at which it would throw a mega tank slapper while the gixxer was grinding the pegs. He was always able to recover the tank slapper but it shit him up every time. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

When I was the tender age of 17 and had a gixxer 550, one of my mates had a faired 350 ypvs. It was quicker at the bottom end than my gixxer but I reeled him in as we picked up speed, handling was pretty much on par but the yam had a point at which it would throw a mega tank slapper while the gixxer was grinding the pegs. He was always able to recover the tank slapper but it shit him up every time. 

Boom !!  that was exactly my experience when riding against my mates on their CB750K and GS550E 

Plus they didn't like tasting my Bel-Ray 2t smoke  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Boom !!  that was exactly my experience when riding against my mates on their CB750K and GS550E 

The GS750 was much quicker than those two on acceleration.....12.3 seconds quarter mile against LC350 13.5 seconds.

Thinking back amongst my biking mates bikes they sort of came in groups.   There were several GS250T’s but only one GSX250 that had a Dunstall pipe and fairing.  Loads of RD250D/E’s one KH250 Loads of CB250N’s and one X7 all L plate specials.  I suppose we bought whatever Damerells and Jacob’s Suzuki sold in numbers.       When passing our tests some went 2 smoke Yams and others went GS550E others CX500A mostly but there was the odd other bike.     I do remember Kawasakis were pretty thin on the ground.  
The way the roads here were and to some extent still are it was all point and squirt stuff never getting much past 60 before running  out of room.    Very favourable to the smokes.  If we ventured as far as Liskeard by pass or Plymouth things evened up a bit.   
I also remember the next bunch of lads below us in age all had GP100s DT’s and TS’s.  Like a load of noisy smoky wasps, caught by the new 125 L plate laws.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Saul said:

Thinking back amongst my biking mates bikes they sort of came in groups.   There were several GS250T’s but only one GSX250 that had a Dunstall pipe and fairing.  Loads of RD250D/E’s one KH250 Loads of CB250N’s and one X7 all L plate specials.  I suppose we bought whatever Damerells and Jacob’s Suzuki sold in numbers.       When passing our tests some went 2 smoke Yams and others went GS550E others CX500A mostly but there was the odd other bike.     I do remember Kawasakis were pretty thin on the ground.  
The way the roads here were and to some extent still are it was all point and squirt stuff never getting much past 60 before running  out of room.    Very favourable to the smokes.  If we ventured as far as Liskeard by pass or Plymouth things evened up a bit.   
I also remember the next bunch of lads below us in age all had GP100s DT’s and TS’s.  Like a load of noisy smoky wasps, caught by the new 125 L plate laws.  

I had a gs550es in 2006/7 it was the same age as me.

Well I had it till I got caught on a provisional licence and no insurance and it had a close to illegal rear tyre. 

Surprisingly they didn't confiscate the bike on the spot, but they did say that if I was caught riding it again they'd throw the book at me, so I pushed it down the road abit waited a good while to see the coast was clear and rode the bike home like I'd stole it.

Not my best period of life but I learnt my lesson and got my licence.

I got the bike home without further incident then decided to stop me from riding it I'd strip it and rebuild it, well the strip down went well enough and I was cleaning things up and starting to rebuild it when funds ran out to complete the job so it got sidelined 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

two stroke candles... dont think mrs would approve of living room smelling of two stroke

8414e34655722862edbeb2615e5b2210.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5