Wotcha watching?

Slowlycatchymonkey

30 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

A film I forgot about that I watched on Netflix was THE WRONG MISSY. Made me laugh a lot.

i stumbled across that, really good film and funny.

• 2 weeks later...

'The Gold' on BBC player about the Brinks-mat robbery. Not factually entirely accurate but they're upfront about having made stuff up for entertainment purposes right from the start so that's fine by me. 

Not on the same level as Slow Horses, Happy Valley or Rogue Heroes but still an enjoyable watch even just as a reminder of the much starker us and them divide of the 80's. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not on the same level as Slow Horses, 

I have finished the first book and am well into the second at the moment. At some point I may cough up to watch it on the box.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I guess it must be worth reading or you wouldn’t be on the second book?

It's the farting and filthy habits of Lamb plus his total don't give a monkey's attitude, kept me laughing. I reckon getting the ex Dracula actor to play him was a good idea.

A good read. The sequel is looking to be as good. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

It's the farting and filthy habits of Lamb plus his total don't give a monkey's attitude, kept me laughing. I reckon getting the ex Dracula actor to play him was a good idea.

A good read. The sequel is looking to be as good. 

Oldman plays him as truly foul so well.

I’ll seek out the book when I get to the end of Nick Sanders epics 👍

• Like 1

After Life, by and with Ricky Gervais. It's about a guy dealing with his wife passing from cancer. I don't know what kind of research Gervais did but he did it with people like me, it's a great show to watch and the comedy is great. A little too much wallowing in self sorrow for TV but that's also a consideration you think about in real life. 

Great stuff, in a depressive and comedic sort of way. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pedro said:

After Life, by and with Ricky Gervais. It's about a guy dealing with his wife passing from cancer. I don't know what kind of research Gervais did but he did it with people like me, it's a great show to watch and the comedy is great. A little too much wallowing in self sorrow for TV but that's also a consideration you think about in real life. 

thought that was brilliant , funny and sad .

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

I thought After Life was brilliant.   👍

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pedro said:

Turned my other half into an emotional wreck. Didn't watch it myself, can't stand him.

• Like 1

ever watched a film called the fog (there is two of them , it's the first one by john carpenter ) about a pirate who comes back to claim his gold , it's a bit of a behind the couch film at times. they always put it on late at night

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The Bodyguard, it’s british, and I liked it. A TV show about an ex armed forces guy now turned special cop.

It's very good!

• Like 3

On 03/03/2023 at 22:13, Pedro said:

My mate's ex girlfriend is in that, one of the oddballs being interviewed for the newspaper. She is the one who claims she survived being impaled on a metal rod because of her body fat.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

My mate's ex girlfriend is in that, one of the oddballs being interviewed for the newspaper. She is the one who claims she survived being impaled on a metal rod because of her body fat.

I properly laughed at that 

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

• Haha 1

The Hungry and The Hairy, two celebrities ride motorcycles around Korea (south) and show the food and the biking roads. Every episode they get two different bikes, two Triumphs, two Harleys, etc…

It’s very silly in a very asian humour kind of way, but really surprised me at what Korea is like. It’s very much 50% motorcycles/ 50% gastronomy though, and 100% silly.

Produced by Netflix

edit: Ewan and Charley could learn a thing or two from these two about showing enjoyment instead of whining

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speed Cross, italian film from 1980: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124302/

Two motocross racers (riding KTMs) come across an organized crime rigging of sports bets and insurge against it. Very Italian, full voice over sound with mismatched sound and lips moving, but a few very cool motorcycle scenes, old Mercedes on pursuit, Italians in suits, getting laid with ladies, etc, proper stuff worth a watch if not taken seriously. Cool stuff!

IMG_0484.thumb.jpeg.a4bc7c4c8b52a93db389dc774d5a1b75.jpeg

IMG_0485.thumb.jpeg.7835dc090bf8b23a7f8f817ce0ca2b3c.jpeg

IMG_0487.thumb.jpeg.e4a108a76b097d4ddfe94f780b5ae82f.jpeg

IMG_0488.thumb.jpeg.4ab5f311a63fefc7ddbc74d57dac3d17.jpeg

• Like 2