Wotcha watching?

Slowlycatchymonkey

There's been some great suggestions for what to watch on here but I quite often don't commit it to memory and then can't find the post. I thought a dedicated thread so I can find the bloody things might work.

I heartily recommend Slow Horses for easy watching, it's a strong 8 out of 10. Gary Oldman is superb. 

About to watch 'The Menu' heard good things about it (89% on Rotten tomatoes) and have avoided reading anything about it that would spoil the plot so fingers crossed. 

What have you enjoyed or hated watching lately?

ps if you're going to give away the plot then please out a spoiler alert warning first. 

• Like 1

Just been watching the new series of Vikings on Netflix, pretty formulaic and like the previous ones but easy wash over entertainment.    For some inexplicable reason the Wife and I have been watching Blue Heelers on Freevee, Its a 90's Aussie Police drama which for all intents and purposes is low budget and awful but weirdly addictive. 🥴  Bit like Neighbours with leather jackets and guns.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There's been some great suggestions for what to watch on here but I quite often don't commit it to memory and then can't find the post. I thought a dedicated thread so I can find the bloody things might work.

I heartily recommend Slow Horses for easy watching, it's a strong 8 out of 10. Gary Oldman is superb. 

About to watch 'The Menu' heard good things about it (89% on Rotten tomatoes) and have avoided reading anything about it that would spoil the plot so fingers crossed. 

What have you enjoyed or hated watching lately?

ps if you're going to give away the plot then please out a spoiler alert warning first. 

Just checked and Slow Horses only seems to be on Apple TV.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

The Menu is proper shit. Report back :classic_laugh:

It was disappointing. A tired old concept executed in a boring way. 

But I liked the start because I have a particular dislike of pretentious foodies and have had a couple of shit experiences in those places where it's all kings clothes.

One was Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck at Bray where a friend was told theres no such things a something that tastes bad you basically have an under-developed palate. Some of it was so awful (the rancid pigeon blood is an experience I wish I could forget) and the gushing guests who didn't mean a word of it made me want to vom. With wine it was about £750 per head which definitely made me feel very sick. What a waste of money. Mr Slowly got up n walked out. 

The other is a place in Bristol, everyone raves about the tasting menu at 'Casamia'. I suppose Michelin starred restaurants attract knowall staff but honestly it was like eating in a library, absolute silence to demonstrate your deference to the food. Couldn't bear it. If theres no smiles and occasional chatter the food is IMO soured.

Anyway the film took over half an hour to get started and even then just plateaued into boredom. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Finished Happy Valley. Really enjoyed it. Excellent acting by Sarah Lancashire and Siobhan Finneran.

yeh was good, im struggling to find a series to binge on , just watching the latest series of You , its ok .

16 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yeh was good, im struggling to find a series to binge on , just watching the latest series of You , its ok .

First season of SAS Rogue Heroes, it’s great!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Im watching that right now! And yer it's not riveting is it. 

Did you try SAS Rogue Heroes? 

its not, but watchable , no haven't watched the sas thing yet

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

its not, but watchable , no haven't watched the sas thing yet

The SAS one is great, it’s a mix of Lawrence of Arabia and a Tarantino film, just great and seasoned with plenty of ACDC.

There a guy in that show that links it with The Wire, and I’ll just watch that again as it’s simply that good and worthy of multiple viewings. Also better than most current stuff.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The SAS one is great, it’s a mix of Lawrence of Arabia and a Tarantino film, just great and seasoned with plenty of ACDC.

There a guy in that show that links it with The Wire, and I’ll just watch that again as it’s simply that good and worthy of multiple viewings. Also better than most current stuff.

never watched the wire , thats meant to be good , is it ?

Just now, Six30 said:

never watched the wire , thats meant to be good , is it ?

I can only hope you’re joking. One of my two best shows ever next to Breaking Bad. 

watch that next!!!

• Like 2