Wotcha watching?

Slowlycatchymonkey

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I'm on book 5 of the Slow Horses series now. They get better with each new one. Gutted there are only three after this current one. It's their leader Jackson Lamb that has me hooked, he's so funny with his racist, sexist, fattist remarks, I'm creasing up. His personal habits are revolting though. It's like a few years on this forum but speeded up.

This may actually make me sign up for Apple TV to watch the tv series.

I really enjoyed the tv series. Thing is TV is never as good as a book is it?

Jackson Lamb is superb. An ancient crumbling cynic, decrepit, jaded and revolting. So compelling. 

Not sure Apple TV is worth it though. Then again you get a 7 day free trial…

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Just watched first episode of the wire.. does it get better ?

It may be a bit high brow for you.

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

Just watching Turning Point about 9/11. That should trigger someone. 

so it was Russia's fault for invading Afghanistan ... dam those Rusky's

Watching a program about archeology is Egypt, they have found evidence of ancient transgender people, they found the tomb of an entire family and the daddy is also a mummy.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Buckster said:

Watching a program about archeology is Egypt, they have found evidence of ancient transgender people, they found the tomb of an entire family and the daddy is also a mummy.

you found a copy of Des O'connor's long lost joke book ?

Just finished watching the series MAGPIE MURDERS on BBC I Player. Not only did I think it was most excellent, I loved how they weaved two stories into a single programme, it was very cleverly written and acted. The other thing I liked was that I recognised most of the locations used for filming, they are in one of my ride reports.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

Just finished watching the series MAGPIE MURDERS on BBC I Player. Not only did I think it was most excellent, I loved how they weaved two stories into a single programme, it was very cleverly written and acted. The other thing I liked was that I recognised most of the locations used for filming, they are in one of my ride reports.

Always really enjoyed Lesley Manville’s acting. Thanks for reminding me about it.

8 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Loved her in MUM.

Yes she was superb in that. Great, gentle but poignant tv, so well observed. 

Thought the Pauline character was brilliantly done, most of the women who work in the local Waitrose are exactly like her 😂

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yes she was superb in that. Great, gentle but poignant tv, so well observed. 

Thought the Pauline character was brilliantly done, most of the women who work in the local Waitrose are exactly like her 😂

She's in Magpie Murders as well.

58 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Jackson Lamb quote of the day

You lot, just concentrate on the four Fs,

Where the fuck, who the fuck, why the fuck and how the fuck......

Brilliant. I really have to read the books now. 
I reckon they will have toned down Lamb from the books to be on the right side of just unacceptable for tv audiences. 

Might go for the audiobook (if there is one) see if my new hearing aids can finally deliver the goods after 10years! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Sherwood on BBC iplayer.   Bloody brilliant, binge watched it in two nights.   Worth a look if you like detective stuff and remember the Miners Strike.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Film Nobody with Bob Odenkirk on Netflix. Absolute tosh, but somehow entertaining. They took a load of cliche’s and pasted them together (which I found humorous) and chucked in a lot of extreme violence, it flew by.

watched first series of the wire .... its ok but no where near as good as Breaking bad or Boardwalk Empire

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Six30 said:

watched first series of the wire .... its ok but no where near as good as Breaking bad or Boardwalk Empire

Second season is the best one, out of all.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 19:17, XTreme said:

Started watching "The Night Agent" on Netflix.......seems very good!

Yeah me and the Mrs enjoyed that 😎👍

• Like 1