Million Mile Xsara Picasso

XTreme

Remember I mentioned before about the Xsara Picasso in the UK that had done over half a million miles......well apparently it's now at 1 million miles! :classic_ohmy:

It lists the other high milers (which includes another Citroen), but I was surprised to see no Toyotas or Fords in there! No other French makes either! Not surprised at that!

Ours had done 110k kms / 68k kms when we bought it five years ago, and it's now up to 165k kms / 102k kms......so there may be a bit more life left in it yet! And of course over here cars don't rot away.

Million Mile Picasso

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Remember I mentioned before about the Xsara Picasso in the UK that had done over half a million miles......well apparently it's now at 1 million miles! :classic_ohmy:

It lists the other high milers (which includes another Citroen), but I was surprised to see no Toyotas or Fords in there! No other French makes either! Not surprised at that!

Ours had done 110k kms / 68k kms when we bought it five years ago, and it's now up to 165k kms / 102k kms......so there may be a bit more life left in it yet! And of course over here cars don't rot away.

Million Mile Picasso

I’m assuming that the smaller numbers here are supposed to represent miles even though you have annotated everything as “kms”.

Ginger twat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Million Mile Picasso

I feel I should point out it's a Peugeot engine and gearbox. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Million Mile Picasso

Yours will never make it to that mileage. The reason that one does is that they drive it a lot, if you heat cycle things 100 times more they’ll never last as long, never mind the time limit on plastic parts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Million Mile Picasso

they forgot to mention its on its 6 th engine

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That’s because that’s low mileage for a Toyota and not worth mentioning 😂 

My brother has a toyota, they had to replace his motor cuase they fucked up the oil rings in some pistons. :wave:

We sold the wife's renault 5TL ( petrol engine) withabout 274,000kms on it.

I sold mt Renault 21 TXE ( petrol engine) with 220, 000km's on it

I sold my opel corsa (petrol engine) with 120,000km's

I sold my renault megane estate ( diesel) with 240,000kms on it

I gave away my toyota yaris series 1 with 180, 000 kms on the clock

wife's Fiat currently has 200,000kms on the clock and still going strong

200,000 is not unusual for most cars theses days, I did 140,000 with my last bike! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MooN said:

We sold the wife's renault 5TL ( petrol engine) withabout 274,000kms on it.

I sold mt Renault 21 TXE ( petrol engine) with 220, 000km's on it

I sold my opel corsa (petrol engine) with 120,000km's

I sold my renault megane estate ( diesel) with 240,000kms on it

I gave away my toyota yaris series 1 with 180, 000 kms on the clock

wife's Fiat currently has 200,000kms on the clock and still going strong

200,000 is not unusual for most cars theses days, I did 140,000 with my last bike! 

Sounds like you off loaded a lot of clapped out vehicles onto some poor bastards LOL

• Haha 6

Sounds like you have been lucky with that Xsara Picasso, we had the completely opposite experience.  We sold our trusty old Volvo 850 2.5 petrol with 220,000 miles on still going strong because the Mrs wanted something a bit more modern where she could sit up high, like all the other silly bints around town.   I gave in and we got a nice pinkish one with 90K miles on the clock, a week after the 3 month guarantee ran out the head gasket went.  £1200 later all was good for six months then one night we heard a loud twang from outside.  The bloody rear axle had collapsed as the torsion bar had snapped.    Another £800 down the drain.  Another 11 months along it started using water again at 116K miles.  I got shot of it quick smart and we agreed that I would choose the cars from then on.  We then had a CRV which was a beauty, but someone had to have 7 seats, so then we went back to a Volvo V70 2.5 petrol.   Now a few years later Mrs wanted to sit up high again, she went to look at a Nissan Qashqai, but came home with a BMW X3, another bastard money pit that we still have.  I hate to think how much it has cost.  Oil leaks, cam chain, clutch and  dual mass flywheel.  Now it is leaking oil again, what boils my piss is that she traded a lovely 7 seat Volvo, that took me ages to find and is still going strong, for it.    All so she can sit up high with the other horsey Mummies.  😠   

I have just noticed how grumpy I am getting.  Need a beer tonight and reset I think.  🤣

• Haha 5