Could this be a cure.

Marcel le Moose Fondler

Spare you the boring detail and grusum ones to.... My father had a serious work related accident back in 73... He fell a 160 feet onto a concrete slab.... During his recovery after his 3 months in a hospital... He would consume raw frozen meat.. He would cut it up with a pear knife... He recovered enough that he worked has a carpenter for many years afterwards.... I'm just curious... Could a diet help you recover from a real bad injury... 

7 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Spare you the boring detail and grusum ones to.... My father had a serious work related accident back in 73... He fell a 160 feet onto a concrete slab.... During his recovery after his 3 months in a hospital... He would consume raw frozen meat.. He would cut it up with a pear knife... He recovered enough that he worked has a carpenter for many years afterwards.... I'm just curious... Could a diet help you recover from a real bad injury... 

One for @Slowlycatchymonkey I'd say!

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

One for @Slowlycatchymonkey I'd say!

That's what I was thinking... I still have the same family doctor that piece my father back together... This one time the subject came up... I think the doctor being a man of faith.. Just said it was a miracle he survived... And I did tell him that he consumed large amounts of raw meat... But he did not give me a clear answer... 

• Like 1

Just lucky to recover , especially from that height …. I wouldn’t of thought raw meat had anything to do with it … but then what do I know.

I fell about 80ft of a roof when I was younger on to my back … had to have an op in the end  … I’m not far off bionic now .

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I don’t see any reason why not 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Just lucky to recover , especially from that height …. I wouldn’t of thought raw meat had anything to do with it … but then what do I know.

I fell about 80ft of a roof when I was younger on to my back … had to have an op in the end  … I’m not far off bionic now .

I did the same , scaffolders didn’t tighten the top scaffolding 🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I did the same , scaffolders didn’t tighten the top scaffolding 🙄

I had a tower set up on the gable of a house then a ladder on top of tower , I climbed to top of ladder ….. then  woke up in hospital

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

We now know where the "crazy" came from.

Hold on... Don't be jujemental... I was a youngster and only observed him doing this when he was recovering.... What if in cases of extreme trauma... This could help... I have no idea... 

2 hours ago, Tym said:

Have you ever tried starving your way to good health? 🤪

I'm not sure about that.... I always eat my meat fell done... But when you think eating a steak rare... Its pretty well dam raw.. 

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

Wow your lucky still around and still able to ride.. 

7 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Wow your lucky still around and still able to ride.. 

yeh didn’t feel lucky at the time , could of been worse though I suppose .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marcel said:

Id say falling that kind of height he was just lucky to survive and not be completely immobile afterwards, I'd have said the raw meat consumption wouldn't have been a factor more that he was hard as nails.

And as for ateak is there any other way to eat it other than blue or rare?......cooking it anymore is just blasphemy 

6 hours ago, Six30 said:

I almost fell through a roof on my first day as a roofing labourer.....it had just been felted and batoned and I was running the tiles up to the ridge and whatnot and was getting quite quick at it towards the early afternoon, when I hear them shout over its all well and good getting it done quickly just don't get overconfident.....safe to say my confidence overcame my skills and my foot missed a baton on the way back down luckily as if I'd had a shoulder of tiles I'm sure I'd have gone through but some how a 1x1.50in bit of baton saved my fair bulk from a 20ft fall through a couple of ceilings luckily all I got was a fuck off big bruise on my inner thigh 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Marcel said:

There's no quick answer to that question. 

There is plenty of evidence that protein is excellent for cell repair. There is some evidence (although not enough for it to be widely accepted as fact) that raw meat is harder to digest than cooked as the process has already started to break down the collagen. Cooking foods does without doubt reduce the vitamin content but not by as much as people think. 

There are strong proponents of eating raw food (because the vitamin content is slightly higher) but those 'studies' tend to come from the fad diet, pseudoscience quack nutritionist end of the spectrum rather than any reliable scientific study.

It is certainly true a healthy diet aids recovery simply because a poor diet tends to be lacking in essential nutrients, be high in fat, salt n sugar and highly processed with added 'ingredients' that are not good for you.

When it comes to the power of the mind in recovery the body of evidence is vast. Many different studies show that if people feel they are doing something positive for their health (whatever it is) there's a demonstrable improvement compared to a control group. The placebo effect has an actual effect! So as crazy as it is if your Dad thought eating raw meat was helping him then it probably was! 

Personally I like meat barely cooked and love a blue steak but if you're not very careful food poisoning will be at you door. Particularly in America where chlorine dips after slaughter replace good husbandry. No idea know what Canada's food regulations are like though. 

Freezing does kill a lot of bacteria but I wouldn't risk eating it unless the supplier was trusted and considered it good enough to serve as tartare before freezing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There's no quick answer to that question. 

There is plenty of evidence that protein is excellent for cell repair. There is some evidence (although not enough for it to be widely accepted as fact) that raw meat is harder to digest than cooked as the process has already started to break down the collagen. Cooking foods does without doubt reduce the vitamin content. 

There are strong proponents of eating raw food (because the vitamin content is slightly higher) but those 'studies' tend to come from the fad diet, pseudoscience quack nutritionist end of the spectrum rather than any reliable scientific study.

It is certainly true a healthy diet aids recovery simply because a poor diet tends to be lacking in essential nutrients, be high in fat, salt n sugar and processed. 

When it comes to the power of the mind in recovery the body of evidence is vast. Many different studies show that if people feel they are doing something positive for their health (whatever it is) there's a demonstrable improvement compared to a control group. The placebo effect has an actual effect! So as crazy as it is if your Dad thought eating raw meat was helping him then it probably was! 

Personally I like meat barely cooked and love a blue steak but if you're not very careful food poisoning will be at you door. Particularly in America where chlorine dips after slaughter replace good husbandry. No idea know what Canada's food regulations are like though. 

Freezing does kill a lot of bacteria but I wouldn't risk eating it unless the supplier was trusted and considered it good enough to serve as tartare before freezing.

So not as I said that he's just hard as nails then.....

9 hours ago, Marcel said:

I don't think a fall from 160 feet can be called boring.....I say spill the beans of how your dad ended up falling the 160 feet and what was he doing at that height in the first place.

If you feel up for it of course mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

I don't think a fall from 160 feet can be called boring.....I say spill the beans of how your dad ended up falling the 160 feet and what was he doing at that height in the first place.

If you feel up for it of course mate

he was working... 

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

I might have told you this before I can't remember. I had a young lad come in for assessment wearing a scrum cap. It looked fairly ridiculous - smart shoes, chinos, polo shirt, scrum cap. He looked like a product of intensive upper class inbreeding where little Johnnys lack of genetic success meant mummy and daddy let him walk around in his rugby hat to keep him happy.

But no he'd fallen through a warehouse roof and to accommodate the brain swelling they removed a piece of his skull and put it in his abdominal cavity for safe keeping until the swelling was reduced enough to put it back. The scrum cap was the surgeons suggestion to stop anything accidentally poking through into his brain. 

Some of these surgeons really do some very bold and impressive things. Surprisingly apart from shattering multiple bones at the time he showed no ill effects! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

they removed a piece of his skull and put it in his abdominal cavity for safe keeping

The NHS is really in the shits in the UK, no fridges over there?

• Haha 1