Your Day Today!

XTreme

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wouldn't engage, most of them don't understand rugby weight is different to normal weight. 

This is very true, though its funny to see their comebacks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Was that taken on the Gammon Blues tour?

no i was actually support act for The Stones that night ... me and mick bought Mars Bars after.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Something nice - 

Have been talking for a while about going to America and riding about a bit. Little bits of info have been slowly piling up in my 'Ride America' file but it's way off at the moment. Maybe 2025 maybe not, all depends on how things are here.

Today my Texan friend who is a bit of a petrol head said he has a very good friend that has worked for Jay Leno for 30 years and if I was going to Los Angeles and I'd like to he could arrange for me to see his collection. How cool would that be. Makes me want to go right now!

I didn't say the highlight will be the Evel Knievel museum but I was tempted 🤣

Wow, I'd definitely be up for that.  He has some of the most cool cars ever in his collection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Something nice - 

Have been talking for a while about going to America and riding about a bit. Little bits of info have been slowly piling up in my 'Ride America' file but it's way off at the moment. Maybe 2025 maybe not, all depends on how things are here.

Today my Texan friend who is a bit of a petrol head said he has a very good friend that has worked for Jay Leno for 30 years and if I was going to Los Angeles and I'd like to he could arrange for me to see his collection. How cool would that be. Makes me want to go right now!

I didn't say the highlight will be the Evel Knievel museum but I was tempted 🤣

you got to go do this 

• Like 2

Totally agree has to be done and theres some truly great stuff.
I’ve watched Jay Leno’s garage chats more than once. He has an awesome collection. Apparently he’s not a bad chat show host either? 🤭 

I didn’t quite get the response from Mr Slowly about Leno’s garage I was expecting but I assume everyone knows about it!

However we are already discussing what bikes we’d use n how to do it, before now it looked like something I’d have to make happen just for me but he’s well on board with the idea 💃 🕺 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm back......bloody steaming out there now!

fdc-min.jpg.15f4f2fbe4d2dedb1a0ee820e3aa1543.jpg

It's fucking lashing it down here, has been since yesterday just after I finished the service on the jag.... that was lucky 

• Like 4

Got some good food delivered this morning. I'll be doing a bit of smoked salmon scrambled egg for breakfast and have some ingredients for a kettle cook experiment of cheesecake. I feel that it's a bit ambitious for a kettle cook. I'll post a pic of the mess later 😂

Back patio looking unusually green......vines growing over the gazebo now. We use the gazebo as protection for the tortoises from vultures.

All this stuff is nothing to do with me......I'm not temperamentally suited to gardening.

20230723_112633-min.jpg.77fc684d74d3e5bddbedc429a9891507.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's fucking lashing it down here, has been since yesterday just after I finished the service on the jag.... that was lucky 

Sunny here at the moment, don't expect it to last much longer.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Back patio looking unusually green......vines growing over the gazebo now. We use the gazebo as protection for the tortoises from vultures.

All this stuff is nothing to do with me......I'm not temperamentally suited to gardening.

20230723_112633-min.jpg.77fc684d74d3e5bddbedc429a9891507.jpg

It looks nice but when I see pot plants I just see needy buggers that will take up my time 😂

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It looks nice but when I see pot plants I just see needy buggers that will take up my time 😂

In my case it takes up the wife's time! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

exactly keeps her busy so you can do what you want guilt free 

She seems to like it for some reason!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks like they simply got confused about which ones their mum 😂

The fucking psycho has now started screaming at the eldest one that he's ruined her life! 

Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Gammon alert at Cambridge services.

20230723_142552.thumb.jpg.3fbf3758fc5c72c82c79e9f1f23f33fa.jpg

for the avoidance of doubt I'm talking about the black Triumph. 

Is your bike very heavy to push back out of that bay with the trailer attached ?

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Is your bike very heavy to push back out of that bay with the trailer attached ?

He'll be doing more pushing than just out of the parking space!

• Haha 2