Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Never had a sportsbike or a Power Rangers suit!

A guy I used to know always went for sports bikes and 1-piece leathers, but he was seriously slow! I'm not a speed merchant, but when he did come on a rideout even my missus was quicker than him. Then people would take the piss out of his chicken strips and he'd get the hump and go home! I really never understood why he was drawn to sports bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Tango said:

A guy I used to know always went for sports bikes and 1-piece leathers, but he was seriously slow! I'm not a speed merchant, but when he did come on a rideout even my missus was quicker than him. Then people would take the piss out of his chicken strips and he'd get the hump and go home! I really never understood why he was drawn to sports bikes. 

I blame Barry Sheen 

• Haha 6

Just now, Tango said:

I never really got the sports bike thing myself, I did have 1993 Fireblade, but not for long, good bike but just not for me, more to biking than tearing around like a stabbed rat.   I have noticed that I get slower when I am cold nowadays, I got hypothyroidism and can't deal with it like I used to.     

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

I really never understood why he was drawn to sports bikes. 

The fashion at the time.....like Adv Bikes are now.

But at least Adv Bikes are practical......unlike sportsbikes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

True, like the swiss army knives of the biking world.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Another friend had a Honda CBR600RR a few years back. I tried to sit on it, but it was excruciating, even without actually riding it! He said that he liked it, but couldn't do more than an hour on it because of the riding position and the noise from the exhaust he had on it. He's got a Honda 800 Crossrunner now, which his missus actually enjoys going on the back of! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I blame Ewan and Charlie! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Saul said:

I never really got the sports bike thing myself, I did have 1993 Fireblade, but not for long, good bike but just not for me, more to biking than tearing around like a stabbed rat.   I have noticed that I get slower when I am cold nowadays, I got hypothyroidism and can't deal with it like I used to.     

Same here Saul , I’m surrounded by them in work but I have no interest in riding them .

The only sports bike I kept for any time was my RD350YPVS

• Like 4

Just now, Tango said:

Another friend had a Honda CBR600RR a few years back. I tried to sit on it, but it was excruciating, even without actually riding it! He said that he liked it, but couldn't do more than an hour on it because of the riding position and the noise from the exhaust he had on it. He's got a Honda 800 Crossrunner now, which his missus actually enjoys going on the back of! 

I remember going to the NEC in the 2000's for the bike show with a group of mates.  I remember one mate on a R1 who had to stop every hour or so and was crippled by the time we got to Brum.  I was on my 1978 R100RS and totally comfortable all the way there and all the way back.  Old bike but very good at what it was built to do.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Same here Saul , I’m surrounded by them in work but I have no interest in riding them .

The only sports bike I kept for any time was my RD350YPVS

I had a RD400 when another mate bought a Power Valve new, I was so jealous, it seemed like an absolute rocket ship at the time.  

• Like 3

Well, that took longer than I expected!

My eldest did his work experience placement in our lab last year, and we took this photograph for his journal of him working on some novel biological weapons in one of our gloveboxes. It’s taken his Placement Liaison Officer at the school a full 12 months to come back and say “Err… are you sure this was safe?

Yes, quite sure - there’s nothing that dangerous about fluorescent paint powder. Still, nice to know they're on the ball... 🤣

2G8A9405 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This is the coolest coffee cup ever ….

IMG_0714.thumb.jpeg.37ebafba06f249af45ed3cbdb9629cc8.jpeg

Are you going for the most coffee stops record or something? 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Saul said:

My best mate used to be a green one, Still gets shitty when I take the piss nowadays even though it was 1996 when he had his Kwak ZZR600.  I always remember his face when I went out with him for his first ride on it, me on my K100RS.     He spent weeks, waiting for delivery,  telling me how he would do his best not to leave me behind when he got the ZZR but it was me who had to wait for him on several occasions.    No super hero claims from me just competent , he was on a much quicker lighter bike, but a Noob with a new bike and a very twitchy ring.  There may have been a hint of putting manners on him a couple of times but only when it was safe 🤣   Mind you I then had weeks of him telling me once it was run in, yada yada yada.    I never claimed to be quick and don't now, but there is something about some guys with sports bikes, got to be billy big balls.  🤣.  All the power rangers around here used to walk bandy legged like they had shat themselves.  🤣

My mate dead Phil was was a bit like that. I had great pleasure telling him there was no way he could win in a race with me because he was on a sports bike and i wasn't, so if i won he would be totally humiliated and if i lost i didn't really lose because he was on a sports bike and i wasn't so he should win :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Are you going for the most coffee stops record or something? 😂😂😂

Coffee stop.....Piss stop.....Coffee stop.....Piss stop.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Pit stop in Northleach

268EE93F-30F4-42F3-BB99-E8DE45C782E6.thumb.jpeg.8486218e1e16491bb136c21b1c731178.jpeg

I wouldn't fancy riding on the dirt with that front tyre after the weather we've been having Bob i would describe it as gay as the tyres Pete would fit :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I wouldn't fancy riding on the dirt with that front tyre after the weather we've been having Bob i would describe it as gay as the tyres Pete would fit :classic_laugh:

Season 9 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Bit of a flashback to 50 years ago this morning.....Flipping my arse from side to side to warm it up for the boys later.

The bump.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

So a sports bike isn't practical at all?

I've had enough on my 1st ninja for a week away easy enough with my panniers and tank bag.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clive said:

I got a load of flak when I got the 1st T Max, the usual remarks "we will wait for you" it was very rare that they did, and when we arrived at our destination my helmet, gloves and jacket went under the seat, while they were walking around carrying all their gear with them 😂 

One guy, Trevor, was the one we waited for on his Yamaha Divvy 600, it was a bit faster than the scoot but not by much, Trevor was a bus driver (no offence to @Buckster intended) and he rode his bike like he drove his bus, in as much that he was very reluctant to even attempt a overtake on other vehicles. 😂 

Yeah, I know the way, I drive the bus like I ride my Harley, women throw their knickers at the bus all day long. It is what it is.

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, busabeast said:

So a sports bike isn't practical at all?

I've had enough on my 1st ninja for a week away easy enough with my panniers and tank bag.

Yes.....but you're a Riding God!

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It’s not the best mate but it was on the bike when I got it. I’m taking a leaf out of your book and using it until it’s bald 👨‍🦲 

• Haha 6