Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Meanwhile in Barcelona!

The Spanish Police take no prisoners.  I remember when the Catalans held a separation referendum a few years ago, the Police were pretty heavy handed then to.  That was quite disturbing actually.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

A Spanish guy I know with a Strom has just tipped me off that this is happening in Baza on Saturday!

1699172298-min.jpg.5eccdaed2acdbcdf9b85d081ef29e5c5.jpg

So I may well go down and take a look.......hopefully it's not overrun with fucking dickheads on Harleys!

What about dickheads on Indians, are they acceptable?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

now you imagine coppers doing that in the uk , the lefty woke mob would out protesting and the coppers would be sacked or even locked up .

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Six30 said:

now you imagine coppers doing that in the uk , the lefty woke mob would out protesting and the coppers would be sacked or even locked up .

Great leg sweep on that guy.....then went round twatting everybody who was on the floor! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

I will charge the scoot battery, then clean the bungalows windows, clear up more leaves, and bleach the mould around the windows and ceilings, What a day, such fun!. 😂 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's not an aspect of the 70's that I'd want to relive!

Housing association replaced the kitchen & bathroom ceiling because they were so bad, now its getting hold in the living room ceiling and window frames, it does not help that its like a swamp in here in the mornings, the windows are wet through in the mornings. 😔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Clive said:

Housing association replaced the kitchen & bathroom ceiling because they were so bad, now its getting hold in the living room ceiling and window frames, it does not help that its like a swamp in here in the mornings, the windows are wet through in the mornings. 😔 

Are they double glazed?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Are they double glazed?

Yeh, double glazed, plastic window frames, the mould grows on the edge of the frames and into the walls..... 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yeh, double glazed, plastic window frames, the mould grows on the edge of the frames and into the walls..... 

It's got to get seriously cold overnight to get any moisture on the windows here......and even then it's only slight fogging.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's got to get seriously cold overnight to get any moisture on the windows here......and even then it's only slight fogging.

Every night, and has been for the past month or so, all the windows are streaming in the morning, puddles on the window sills, we open the windows a little during the day to get some through ventilation,  but too cool after dark to leave them open, the Karcher window vac is working overtime each morning. 😂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Every night, and has been for the past month or so, all the windows are streaming in the morning, puddles on the window sills, we open the windows a little during the day to get some through ventilation,  but too cool after dark to leave them open, the Karcher window vac is working overtime each morning. 😂 

How about a dehumidifier? Works wonders for mould and they’re very low on electrical consumption.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How about a dehumidifier? Works wonders for mould and they’re very low on electrical consumption.

We have one, it can only manage 1 room though, we have that in our bedroom, we would need another 3 to keep the other rooms condensation free.

We have tried all the on line hacks that supposedly eliminate condensation, found none that does. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

We have one, it can only manage 1 room though, we have that in our bedroom, we would need another 3 to keep the other rooms condensation free.

We have tried all the on line hacks that supposedly eliminate condensation, found none that does. 

Not even if you keep it running full time in the middle of the house between divisions? I would try that for a week without opening windows.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not even if you keep it running full time in the middle of the house between divisions? I would try that for a week without opening windows.

We did leave it in the passage that connects all the rooms last winter, but it did not make any noticeable difference, I think we would need a much larger dehumidifier to keep all the rooms clear of Condensation.

We do leave the kitchen and bathroom extraction fans on 24/7 but they do not help much, it seems it is a very damp environment in the bungalow, for some reason...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Clive said:

Sounds like it needs a bit more ventilation in there, Clive. 

The only house that I didn't get condensation in was the first house I bought when I moved to Cambridgeshire,  but that was only because I got double-glazing with Pilkington K-glass put in. At the time it was pretty expensive, but I think that it worked pretty well. Our last house in the UK was really bad for condensation,  even though it was cavity wall insulated and uPVC double-glazed. We couldn’t use the built-in wardrobe in our bedroom,  as all the clothes went moldy in there! 

• Like 3