Your Day Today!

XTreme

Sorted a trip up to the north east of Spain for mid November so fingers crossed the weather is reasonable. Clearly it won’t be as good as down here but a chance to meet up with UK based mates was too much to resist.

Leaving on Thursday 16 November and heading to Lleida which is a fair old slog of about 650 klms if I avoid all motorways. Might use some motorway to kill a bit of distance first thing.

On the Friday head across to Platja d’Aro for the Costa Brava classic two day trials event and three nights fun and games with my mates………Monday morning leave ‘kin early and head home, possibly in one hit……depending on the weather. 🤣

IMG_3696.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Sorted a trip up to the north east of Spain for mid November so fingers crossed the weather is reasonable. Clearly it won’t be as good as down here but a chance to meet up with UK based mates was too much to resist.

Leaving on Thursday 16 November and heading to Lleida which is a fair old slog of about 650 klms if I avoid all motorways. Might use some motorway to kill a bit of distance first thing.

On the Friday head across to Platja d’Aro for the Costa Brava classic two day trials event and three nights fun and games with my mates………Monday morning leave ‘kin early and head home, possibly in one hit……depending on the weather. 🤣

IMG_3696.jpeg

Nice trip Ray!

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

why dont you take up gambling on the horses ?

Give me some of your spare £1000,s and I will give it a go.

fail horse race GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

That my jockey and horse right there. 😂 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Give me some of your spare £1000,s and I will give it a go.

fail horse race GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

That my jockey and horse right there. 😂 

your confusing me with some one else !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

The fog has lifted at last, what to do 1st 🤔  so many choices.  😂 

Flask of coffee or tea from home, ride out to get the scooter engine warm, stop by somewhere and have a coffee and take a BOTM picture, then ride back home. 10 or 20km each way, it's a change of pace and brightens up your day.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Clive said:

They only last about 10 mins in our household. 

They're in the Foreign food section of our local supermarket and cost a fortune, so we don't bother! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

I rarely buy biscuits but it seems a bit rude not to offer people working in your house a cup o tea and a biscuit so I bought some hobnobs.

I’ve just retrieved them from the dogs bed somehow my lazy arthritic 12inch (max) high knackered 11 year old dog found it in herself to jump on a chair onto the kitchen table 😮

Fortunately her remaining three teeth only managed to power through maybe two biscuits before she was caught.

I wouldn’t mind so much if she had some sort of idea she’s the one in the wrong and wasn’t now giving me really evil looks for taking them away 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Clive said:

Maybe HubNut. 

Ian Seabrooke is a sort of interesting guy.   I do watch Hubnut quite often but he is the biggest lash up merchant.  I liked his last video on the Ha Viva and Bedford HA.   Entertaining though.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saul said:

Ian Seabrooke is a sort of interesting guy.   I do watch Hubnut quite often but he is the biggest lash up merchant.  I liked his last video on the Ha Viva and Bedford HA.   Entertaining though.  

• Like 3

The seasons are changing.....because for the first time in 6 months we bought Pellets. We haven't used the Burner yet but it's likely to be pretty soon.

And the prices have dropped since last year......€5.80 compared to €7.80. Though they used to be €3.80 before the war in Ukraine, so we're still paying over the odds.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey

Every British traveller to the Schengen Area must be fingerprinted and provide a facial biometric.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-border-etias-dover-eurostar-b2130495.html

So they can stop the crims. That's a few more visitors for Mablethorpe once the Costa del Crime is off limits. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

The seasons are changing.....because for the first time in 6 months we bought Pellets. We haven't used the Burner yet but it's likely to be pretty soon.

And the prices have dropped since last year......€5.80 compared to €7.80. Though they used to be €3.80 before the war in Ukraine, so we're still paying over the odds.

Did you check out if your aircon does heating too? The heat exchange they use is usually way cheaper than other forms of heating. Of course theres lots of variables but possibly worth a look. 

The solar instillation was finally finished at my place yesterday. I’m really enjoying seeing the app displaying a big fat zero being drawn from the grid 💃 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Did you check out if your aircon does heating too? The heat exchange they use is usually way cheaper than other forms of heating.

Yes.....we've tested them for heat and they work well. But to completely heat the whole house nothing beats the Pellet Burner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh fantastic news the youngest has decided to switch stables.  😠  Gonna cost thats for sure.  She has informed me that she will need a tack room at the new place.  What she meant is she will need a shed to keep her horse stuff in.  whichever way it is gonna be a pain in the ass.    There is a good 8x4 shed up the garden that I put on a wooden 6"x6" frame a few years ago, so I just need to get rid of the crap that is in it, about 4 push bikes and scooters.   Which can go to the charity shop and should have done so years ago.    Then take it up to the new stable and put it together, roof and stain it, plus shelves and hooks etc.  Total pain in the arse.  But as she keeps telling me she is the favourite child.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Oh fantastic news the youngest has decided to switch stables.

I really thought you were announcing a gender or sexuality change in a typically British fashion 😆

I’d say - Well sounds like you’ve got a lot of work on your hands. If you like once you’ve written out your to do list I’ll check it over for you. Hand her the tools and if not old enough or knowledgable enough (unlikely if she’s a child) give direction/lend a hand. 

IMO that’s an invaluable lesson that’ll save her a lot of aggravation and money in the future. 

The huge amount of time my Dad spent with me telling or showing me how to do practical things has been worth more than I can put into words..

well thats not true it’s me, I could put it into words but the thousand word essay would attract derision..

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

I’m risking it just with this post 😆

edit - I also make my children earn the money for the things they want by doing jobs that need doing but then I’m probably a mean mama 😂

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The huge amount of time my Dad spent with me telling or showing me how to do practical things has been worth more than I can put into words..

The wife says the same due to the fact that she married a useless man!

Benny Hill What GIF

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I really thought you were announcing a gender or sexuality change in a typically British fashion 😆

I’d say - Well sounds like you’ve got a lot of work on your hands. If you like once you’ve written out your to do list I’ll check it over for you. Hand her the tools and if not old enough or knowledgable enough (unlikely if she’s a child) give direction/lend a hand. 

IMO that’s an invaluable lesson that’ll save her a lot of aggravation and money in the future. 

well thats not true it’s me, I could put it into words but the thousand word essay would attract derision..

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

I’m risking it just with this post 😆

edit - I also make my children earn the money for the things they want by doing jobs that need doing but then I’m probably a mean mama 😂

Off all my kids the youngest is the one who will learn to do stuff and listen.    I am sure she will help although there maybe a clash when she tries to tell me how.  🤣 

She spent many hours working with me in the shed before she discovered horses.   There is still a pink toolbox up there although it is pretty dusty now.   

Here is a couple of pics from 2016 of her working on a school project ( Mrs Robot). 

chloeshedtwo.thumb.jpeg.944aec390be979a131e501188bfb4c32.jpeg

chloeshed.thumb.jpeg.e4c3cc58e3923423ccae2f53db4528f2.jpeg 

She is currently picking my brains about all things bike for when she turns 17 and gets her first one.  Must be black, cool and have gears she says.  Baring in mind she was only 16 on the 18th of this month its going to be a long 12 months.    

Of course I will do it for her and moan, that is my job after all.   She is saving her own money to help pay for the Livery of the new horse out of her wages from the job she got.  She tells everyone she is the favourite child, which I have never said and do try not to treat them all differently but she is the baby of the family.  

• Like 6