Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just had a call from Baza Hospital......I've got an appointment 9AM next Thursday (2 November) for Preparatory.

Got to go and get my tests done in the Health Centre here as soon as possible.

What happens at this Preparatory appointment @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Wot Bob said. 

Essentially it is to make sure nothing will prevent the surgery from happening on the day, that the op goes smoothly and nothing interferes with recovery. 

So medical history, medications, a checklist of questions, and some health checks like ECG and bloods. 

Pretty straight forward stuff and nothing I can imagine you’d fall foul of so long as you’re taking those BP meds 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just had a call from Baza Hospital......I've got an appointment 9AM next Thursday (2 November) for Preparatory.

Got to go and get my tests done in the Health Centre here as soon as possible.

What happens at this Preparatory appointment @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Prepartory.....has to do with  your anus....they will go through your anus to install the patch...there just checking if your dilated enough for the procedure...

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wot Bob said. 

Essentially it is to make sure nothing will prevent the surgery from happening on the day, that the op goes smoothly and nothing interferes with recovery. 

So medical history, medications, a checklist of questions, and some health checks like ECG and bloods. 

Pretty straight forward stuff and nothing I can imagine you’d fall foul of so long as you’re taking those BP meds 👍

They'll already have the test results when I get there.....just have to book it in the Health Centre tomorrow.

As you know, I did have tests done in July anyway, and at the time the doc said that the slightly high BP I had wouldn't have delayed the op.

But I don't have to do the Covid test yet.....it has to be the day before.

Normally how many days after the Preparatory would I have the op?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They'll already have the test results when I get there.....just have to book it in the Health Centre tomorrow.

As you know, I did have tests done in July anyway, and at the time the doc said that the slightly high BP I had wouldn't have delayed the op.

But I don't have to do the Covid test yet.....it has to be the day before.

Normally how many days after the Preparatory would I have the op?

Depends on the waiting list and hospital policy. In the UK they usually aim for within two weeks and land up under 6 weeks.

BUT the policy can say a preop is valid for three or even six months (so long as someone asks the patient if theres been any changes) and that depends on the individual hospital.

I understand the backlog Covid has caused has royally screwed it all up.

I know nothing of how Spains hospitals work but I’d guess they aim for the same - soon as possible under six weeks. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yep , I've had prep the day before my op before now and also had to wait six weeks another time.

They did my wife's the day before the op.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Predatory.....has to do with  your anus and Buckster will be involved.... he  will go through your anus to install his custard chucker... he's not just checking if your dilated enough for the procedure... he's bumming you  ..dry

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

• Haha 5

Unbelievable. 

My sons being students n all that have been keeping an eye on their electricity consumption and it’s been spiking once a day to around the 7-10kw mark for an hour or so. Sometimes in the middle of the night and sometimes when they’ve been down here and the place is empty.

They’ve been trying to resolve the issue and have had a large list of tasks to perform. Forward three weeks…

It’s the wrong meter. They’ve been paying someone else’s electricity bill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unbelievable. 

My sons being students n all that have been keeping an eye on their electricity consumption and it’s been spiking once a day to around the 7-10kw mark for an hour or so. Sometimes in the middle of the night and sometimes when they’ve been down here and the place is empty.

They’ve been trying to resolve the issue and have had a large list of tasks to perform. Forward three weeks…

It’s the wrong meter. They’ve been paying someone else’s electricity bill. 

Article on the radio basically saying that these smart meters are shite.

I’ve managed to avoid them so far .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Article on the radio basically saying that these smart meters are shite.

I’ve managed to avoid them so far .

They are shite I completely agree, someone else in the building has gone back to a normal meter and their bill halved 🙄

But without the smart meter they never would have known about when the spikes in electricity or when they occurred and prolly just thought the place used a lot of electricity. At least know they’ll be on their own meter and be able to keep an eye on whether their bills and usage match. 

If they don’t they it’ll be back to a normal meter for them too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@boboneleg did you know that James Higgs ( Jimmy Kawasaki ) passed away this morning 

yes, saw it this afternoon.  I only met him once but had several conversations online about ROW and lanes .  RIP James 😔

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

yes, saw it this afternoon.  I only met him once but had several conversations online about ROW and lanes .  RIP James 😔

Only spoken to him online myself he's done a hell of lot for trail riding in this country and will be hard for someone else to fill his shoes .

• Like 2