Your Day Today!

XTreme

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

Top day yesterday, absolutely great museum and amazingly beautiful bit of Dartmoor hills with poneys. Loved it, now in a pub’s tiny room waiting for tomorrow to come and catch a boat to Spain. You have some really beautiful areas in this island but pretty shitty data connection so not able to post photos today. 

Last year when i was doing the survey work it all relied on having a good network so i had three different providers to choose from and still had dead areas regularly. I can use my phone in the middle of that old railway tunnel i go through on the bike but i have no signal in my house, it's a mystery how it works here lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

as I suspected. 

Suspected what? … let them go commentate on woman’s footy , they are just trying to tick boxes .. good commentary enhances a game , they had some bint commentating ,  one flat dulcet tone  wether a goal was scored or it went out for a throw in  .. 

might as well get a down syndrome child while it’s eating porridge to commentate 

Sailing out of Plymouth right now, Sofia’s feelingthe waves and not enjoying it.

Not me though, I’m feeling like a well seasoned sea wolf, drinking a pint and watching the rugby.

FABA5EB4-31D2-4761-B3E6-1A1CFE2E2104.thumb.jpeg.b58c5356cefae531faf224d0c7e9387c.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Suspected what? … let them go commentate on woman’s footy , they are just trying to tick boxes .. good commentary enhances a game , they had some bint commentating ,  one flat dulcet tone  wether a goal was scored or it went out for a throw in  .. 

might as well get a down syndrome child while it’s eating porridge to commentate 

Tokenism and a lack of skill or knowledge is annoying no matter where it turns up which is what you’re hacked off with, saying women shouldn’t commentate on mens football full stop is just stupid and detracts from what would otherwise be a valid point. 

I doubt if a good quality female ex footballer was commentating you would have had anything to say about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Tokenism and a lack of skill or knowledge is annoying no matter where it turns up which is what you’re hacked off with, saying women shouldn’t commentate on mens football full stop is just stupid and detracts from what would otherwise be a valid point. 

I doubt if a good quality female ex footballer was commentating you would have had anything to say about it.

yes i would... id say fuck off and go commentate on a womans match ....

once you done the ironing and that

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Sailing out of Plymouth right now, Sofia’s feelingthe waves and not enjoying it.

Not me though, I’m feeling like a well seasoned sea wolf, drinking a pint and watching the rugby.

FABA5EB4-31D2-4761-B3E6-1A1CFE2E2104.thumb.jpeg.b58c5356cefae531faf224d0c7e9387c.jpeg

Looks ready to chunder.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Looks ready to chunder.

She was, but now laying down under the effect of motion sickness pills. It's going to be a choppy ride, just went out and it's blowing a gale, you can sense the boat crashing down every now and again. 

• Like 3

The direction of the rocking motion can make a big difference when lying flat.

Side to side (ie you feel your being rocked from side to side) is easier than top to bottom (ie when you feel the motion moving from your feet to your head) so altering the way you’re led can help a lot.

Unfortunately sometimes that means lying on the floor if your bed is with the waves rather than across them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The direction of the rocking motion can make a big difference when lying flat.

Side to side (ie you feel your being rocked from side to side) is easier than top to bottom (ie when you feel the motion moving from your feet to your head) so altering the way you’re led can help a lot.

Unfortunately sometimes that means lying on the floor if your bed is with the waves rather than across them.

It seems to be kind of both ways, proved by watching water in a glass. It’s getting pretty rough now, too. We shall overcome!

• Like 5