Your Day Today!

XTreme

34 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Does it not have a folded protective sheet to put the laminating sheet inside before going through the heated part. You could use a large envelope. I know some laminators use them and some don't. I once found out which was which when I had to open one up and slice melted plastic off the rollers with a scalpel.

It doesn’t. It’s also very specific about the about the number of microns thickness paper or laminate that can be used.

The little metal gulley on the other side of the rollers is clearly supposed to deflect the laminate up and out. Instead it catches and concertinas it.

Once I finally got the casing open and cleaned the rollers I was able to help it out of the gulley with a screwdriver before it got caught.

I’ll try the envelope trick or in between a couple of bits of paper and if doesn’t work it’ll be heading towards the bin.

Thanks for the tip 👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, boboneleg said:

We’ve not been notified of any but who knows if they’d even bother 

they wouldn't.

easier to fly uk - Italy aoiding french airspace ( presuming it's the air traffic controllers who are revolting) then from spain to the UK. flying to Italy you just re route around France to the east. I imagine French air space covers most of the bay of biscay and skirting that to the west means a looong overwater flight.

Hope you get a solution. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MooN said:

they wouldn't.

easier to fly uk - Italy aoiding french airspace ( presuming it's the air traffic controllers who are revolting) then from spain to the UK. flying to Italy you just re route around France to the east. I imagine French air space covers most of the bay of biscay and skirting that to the west means a looong overwater flight.

Hope you get a solution. 

UK to Spain and vice versa enters French airspace. Mr Slowly was delayed two hours on his way out while they waited for permission from France. 

Best option is to fly to France as the strike does not affect flights to France, only ones entering the airspace and not actually landing. 

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

UK to Spain and vice versa enters French airspace. Mr Slowly was delayed two hours on his way out while they waited for permission from France. 

Best option is to fly to France as the strike does not affect flights to France, only ones entering the airspace and not actually landing. 

yeah, but then youd have to deal with the French...😱 😂

• Haha 5

Morning minger losers 👋

Question for @XTreme

How do I check what cookies or data sharing this particular site is doing? 

It seems to take offence at my VPN and I can rarely log on without it scrolling round n round before timing out and saying it can’t connect even if I clear my web browser beforehand. If I turn the VPN off its a different matter but I need that for work.

I’m guessing it’s google or facebook that’s causing the issue. 

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Morning minger losers 👋

Question for @XTreme

How do I check what cookies or data sharing this particular site is doing? 

It seems to take offence at my VPN and I can rarely log on without it scrolling round n round before timing out and saying it can’t connect even if I clear my web browser beforehand. If I turn the VPN off its a different matter but I need that for work.

I’m guessing it’s google or facebook that’s causing the issue. 

Go HERE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Go HERE!

Forgive my ignorance on the topic but it doesn’t specify what analytics, so if I think it’s google n Facebook that are causing the grief how would I know? 

They seem to be what appears in the website data after first clearing it and then visiting here? 

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Forgive my ignorance on the topic but it doesn’t specify what analytics, so if I think it’s google n Facebook that are causing the grief how would I know? 

They seem to be what appears in the website data after first clearing it and then visiting here? 

Which VPN provider are you using?

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Google and Facebook are listed......but it's the VPN's responsibility to ensure their service functions with Google and Facebook cookies.

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Google and Facebook are listed......but it's the VPN's responsibility to ensure their service functions with Google and Facebook cookies.

I’m not apportioning blame just trying to get to the bottom of it.

I’m general is there no way of knowing when you accept cookies who’ your data is being shared with and leaving cookies?

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m not apportioning blame just trying to get to the bottom of it.

I’m general is there no way of knowing when you accept cookies who’ your data is being shared with and leaving cookies?

Just run a test on the site itself on the link I showed you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Express VPN

Have you got the latest version and have you tried using a different server?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It doesn’t. It’s also very specific about the about the number of microns thickness paper or laminate that can be used.

The little metal gulley on the other side of the rollers is clearly supposed to deflect the laminate up and out. Instead it catches and concertinas it.

Once I finally got the casing open and cleaned the rollers I was able to help it out of the gulley with a screwdriver before it got caught.

I’ll try the envelope trick or in between a couple of bits of paper and if doesn’t work it’ll be heading towards the bin.

Thanks for the tip 👍

sam winchester yawn GIF

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Earache said:

Only snowed about 8 inches last night - less than predicted. Cloudy and 8F / -14C today. Think I'll go out for a bike ride in a few.......

April5 2023.jpg

Spring weather then.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Spring weather then.

Yup - which is oddly no different than winter weather here.

Someday though, it's gonna be nice and I'll get out for a cruise. Someday....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Earache said:

Yup - which is oddly no different than winter weather here.

Someday though, it's gonna be nice and I'll get out for a cruise. Someday....

snowplow.jpg.39d600adc81fe3395c66377314415f38.jpg

• Haha 4

My upcoming travels!

Saturday morning Baza to see clients. 70 miles.

Sunday morning Guadix to put my boy on the bus to Madrid. 130 miles.

Tuesday morning Granada......an appointment at the hospital for the wife. 200 miles.

Saturday night Guadix to pick up my boy coming back from Madrid. 130 miles.

530 fucking miles!

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My upcoming travels!

Saturday morning Baza to see clients. 70 miles.

Sunday morning Guadix to put my boy on the bus to Madrid. 130 miles.

Tuesday morning Granada......an appointment at the hospital for the wife. 200 miles.

Saturday night Guadix to pick up my boy coming back from Madrid. 130 miles.

530 fucking miles!

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Take the bike