Your Day Today!

XTreme

44 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Be careful with the refund email from booking.com, it may be a scam.  I've had that one before :classic_huh:

Yer the address is correct and they’re not asking me for any response so I’m sure it’s genuine. 

I’ve contacted them to confirm the booking (“can take 48hrs to respond”), pee’d off cos can’t finish the route until I know where we land up and it effects whether someone can join us that evening and what we do the next day. 

I partially take the blame cos Covid had lulled me into forgetting how far in advance properties usually get booked up “74% of properties in your area are unavailable” plus a lot won’t allow a one night booking yet during Covid they couldn’t bite your hand off fast enough! Time to adjust the mindset. 

• Like 3

BSA- I know how much you lot particularly love bagging other peoples bikes and not one to deprive you of joy get a load of these f’in prices. 

81F0AF80-D0AA-43DD-A3E2-BB13CE2E34D7.thumb.jpeg.000298b3b6204621493c8e523cf04e0c.jpeg

and apparently there’s an unconfirmed typo (yer right) in the manual saying services is every six months WTAF?!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

BSA- I know how much you lot particularly love bagging other peoples bikes and not one to deprive you of joy get a load of these f’in prices. 

81F0AF80-D0AA-43DD-A3E2-BB13CE2E34D7.thumb.jpeg.000298b3b6204621493c8e523cf04e0c.jpeg

and apparently there’s an unconfirmed typo (yer right) in the manual saying services is every six months WTAF?!!

Must really be a typo though, no oil manufacturer states modern oil life after opening at 6 months, it's always one year until it goes off and that's why it's a 1 year between oil changes.

Head bearing at 11.000 miles is what seems out of the normal for me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Must really be a typo though, no oil manufacturer states modern oil life after opening at 6 months, it's always one year until it goes off and that's why it's a 1 year between oil changes.

Head bearing at 11.000 miles is what seems out of the normal for me.

Yep and yep. Must be a typo I reckon and the head bearing at 11,000 hmm. Odd.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

On a CB500X there are 8000 mile service intervals, and the valve check is only done every 16000. No idea on cost from the main dealer though.

I bought the bike with 15.5K kms......now up to 17.6K kms nearly 8 months later.

I'm going to get Juan Cortes to do an oil and filter change at 19K and 22K, then they can do the big one with valves at 25.6K.

• Like 3

Had a very weird dream last night, and I remember most dreams like that very vividly. Am quite overcome with sadness and sorrow today, vacuumed the house, did a few things that help me feel like I'm decluttering like taking the recycling out and spreading the coffee leftovers and ash from the fireplace around the garden. It's a very grey day today, going to go buy some jeans in a bit but today life is hard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Had a very weird dream last night, and I remember most dreams like that very vividly. Am quite overcome with sadness and sorrow today, vacuumed the house, did a few things that help me feel like I'm decluttering like taking the recycling out and spreading the coffee leftovers and ash from the fireplace around the garden. It's a very grey day today, going to go buy some jeans in a bit but today life is hard.

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad day Pedro, keep yourself busy and time will pass more quickly. It’s better to focus on the mundane stuff than the things that make you feel sad.

Keep your chin up and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

• Like 6

Well I think this means my booking stands. 
I read it as 

Hello Mrs 

Theres good note of that night. Thankyou a lot. 

Bonjour madame c’est bien noté pour cette nuit merci et bien à vous Laurent

But I could do with someone checking my schoolroom French - the class I skived most, can you tell 😂

edit: Booking.con app has a translate button under the message (how handy). I was close!

Hello ma'am it is well noted for this night thank you and good to you Laurent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad day Pedro, keep yourself busy and time will pass more quickly. It’s better to focus on the mundane stuff than the things that make you feel sad.

Keep your chin up and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope your day picks up.
Sometimes it takes a lot longer to shake the feelings dreams leave us with than we’d like, I believe this is where a prescription of stiff spirits and crap TV is useful. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Air filter at 3500, must be the size of a thimble.:classic_laugh:
If it doesn't hold a lot of oil maybe the reason for the change interval. Oil changes are governed by how much crap gets in there, clutch material and what gets passed the rings and how the oil viscosity breaks down over time by the engine beating the crap out of it.
My Honda dominator holds about 2ltrs and changes are 2000 miles if I remember right. Mandis CBF holds around 4ltrs and changes at 4500. I guess both of these are more down to said clutch material as jap machining is bloody good.
The biggest prob with valves is more down the the seats getting beaten into the head closing the gaps which will burn them out so must be inspected regularly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

If it doesn't hold a lot of oil maybe the reason for the change interval. Oil changes are governed by how much crap gets in there, clutch material and what gets passed the rings and how the oil viscosity breaks down over time by the engine beating the crap out of it.
My Honda dominator holds about 2ltrs and changes are 2000 miles if I remember right. Mandis CBF holds around 4ltrs and changes at 4500. I guess both of these are more down to said clutch material as jap machining is bloody good.
The biggest prob with valves is more down the the seats getting beaten into the head closing the gaps which will burn them out so must be inspected regularly.

Well it’s possible it’s all for legit reasons it just whiffs of money grab. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Cant get my head around their thinking sometimes the XR and Dominator use the same oil filter same oil and same quantity of oil yet the XR is a 500 mile interval and as you said the dominator is 2000 miles so i just change them both at 1000 miles because the XR gets a much easier life than what it was designed for and the dominator gets a much harder life than what it was designed for

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Cant get my head around their thinking sometimes the XR and Dominator use the same oil filter same oil and same quantity of oil yet the XR is a 500 mile interval and as you said the dominator is 2000 miles so i just change them both at 1000 miles because the XR gets a much easier life than what it was designed for and the dominator gets a much harder life than what it was designed for

Pete gets his oil changed every year or every 250 miles whichever comes first. So every year.

• Haha 7

Just now, XTreme said:

Just a reminder that BOTM submissions will start on Friday evening!

Everyone will be riding around tomorrow and friday to get a last minute winning picture!

Congratulations on helping to end the planet! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7