Your Day Today!

XTreme

59 minutes ago, Clive said:

Stripped the disc pads out of the scoot......put a bit of Copper Slip on the back plates..........when slowing down to a stop the noise it made had dogs covering their ears.....😂

Honest question, but how are you going to know if the noise is gone?

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Honest question, but how are you going to know if the noise is gone?

I rode down our culture de sac, and back to our place,  and my wife listened for the noise, she heard nothing. 👍 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You have a culture de sac?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Seem quite appropriate for this area. 😂 

Predictive text doing its own thing again. 😡 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Clive said:

Stripped the disc pads out of the scoot......put a bit of Copper Slip on the back plates..........when slowing down to a stop the noise it made had dogs covering their ears.....😂

Don’t you just put your feet down and drag em to stop on one of them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Tango sorry I know this is open to all kind of humour but you have reflective stickers on your helmet?

I don’t fancy sticking ugly 18cm squared reflective sticker on my beloved Shoei!

My understanding is that this only applies to new helmets, but I could be wrong. I got stickers with my new lid, which I've stuck onto it, but I've never put stickers on my old lid that I brought with me from the UK. I think that it's something that isn't rigorously enforced, but if you get pulled over by a couple of bored Gendarmes they could start looking for stuff. The same goes for CE marked gloves.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Tango sorry I know this is open to all kind of humour but you have reflective stickers on your helmet?

I don’t fancy sticking ugly 18cm squared reflective sticker on my beloved Shoei!

This is from 2017, but the law hasn't changed significantly since then, so it could be worth a look. https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/news-and-events/motorcycling-in-france

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

This is from 2017, but the law hasn't changed significantly since then, so it could be worth a look. https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/news-and-events/motorcycling-in-france

Yer I have all that stuff on the list 👍

Having experienced the plod looking for something bookable while Mr Slowly was broken down I think it best (especially as a group of women on uk plates stands out a little more than the usual) that everyone is as up together as possible. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer I have all that stuff on the list 👍

Having experienced the plod looking for something bookable while Mr Slowly was broken down I think it best (especially as a group of women on uk plates stands out a little more than the usual) that everyone is as up together as possible. 

Here's another article,  apparently updated for 2023, but there's a couple of flaws that I spotted. Firstly the country stickers have to be GB now and not UK. The other thing is he fails to mention that gloves must be CE marked. This is mad, because I've got 2 pairs of gloves. The spring-autumn ones are HELD and are CE marked, but my winter gloves are relatively expensive Triumph ones, which are not CE marked, even though they are more substantial than the HELD ones! I still wear them and take the risk of a fine if ever challenged! But that's my choice.

https://www.drive-france.com/faqs/motorcycling-france/

• Like 1

Just now, Tango said:

Here's another article,  apparently updated for 2023, but there's a couple of flaws that I spotted. Firstly the country stickers have to be GB now and not UK. The other thing is he fails to mention that gloves must be CE marked. This is mad, because I've got 2 pairs of gloves. The spring-autumn ones are HELD and are CE marked, but my winter gloves are relatively expensive Triumph ones, which are not CE marked, even though they are more substantial than the HELD ones! I still wear them and take the risk of a fine if ever challenged! But that's my choice.

https://www.drive-france.com/faqs/motorcycling-france/

A lot of the articles seem to omit important bits of info or get things wrong. Although he is correct that it is a UK sticker that is needed. It changed from GB to UK as the former didn’t include Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

New town hall induction this morning.

At 8am I pulled into our contractor's main yard and parked my bike in the cycle racks. The security bloke was new so demanded to know why I was there (there is a motorcycle workshop next door, so lots of bikes go in there by mistake). I patiently explained who I was, he didn't seem to grasp it, but when a big hairy Irishman walked past and shouted 'Hello Ian...Begorah Potato' to me, he cheered up and asked me to sign in.

I was all set to walk to Bow Road station and go a few stops to Whitechapel Station, but then I spotted someone who is building the new footway outside and he was heading there in 10 minutes, so I cadged a lift.

I got to Whitechapel, helped the bloke who gave me a lift to carry a load of barriers down the road then walked into the temporary entrance of what looks like a building site from the outside.

At 9:15 a load of us trooped into the Council Chamber and we got a brief talk about the building works, some of which we missed as the speakers were playing up. Then got told there is no parking, but 2 bays for disabled residents to use if prebooked in advance for an appointment. We were supposed to be given new ID cards/key fobs, but these hadn't arrived, so all doors are unlocked for the next week. I managed to leave without any sort of key stopping me, so the general public could do the same in reverse. As the general public there has a large percentage of drug addicts and prostitutes, this does not bode well.

With a final word that the Elephant Man's part of the building has been kept we then spent 10 minutes waiting for lifts to take us up to the 4th floor. With paper print outs of desk allocation not having any north point or road names on, confusion reigned for a while. I managed to log my lap top in and there was a request for me to print a plan for my boss when he came in. I sent it then found the single printer that the floor has as we are saving the planet. It didn't work, so it was a wander down to the 3rd floor to try and find their one. That worked but the print was not the best, so it was all the way back up and try again. From now on, the lap top travels with me to the printer!

We had been told we had to unpack our crates asap, but on arrival no storage had been allocated to us, so they said to wait a few days. We just stuck a label on the nearest cupboards, whilst Environmental Health ran about shouting, this is mine, this is mine, this and this is mine etc.

We had a suicide at work last year, someone jumped from a high floor into a public area, so I was shocked to see desks next to a low wall above a long drop in this new building (see pics)

Upon leaving to head home I only walked into the same bloke who had given me a lift, jammy or what?. Unfortunately, he got nabbed to drive a large forklift around the block a few times to move pallets of setts to the main workers before we finally set off back to the yard to collect my bike.

The general area, described as vibrant. This is where the drug addicts stand all day. They had all left for dinner in a local charity when I took this.

image.png.6052dc81120f9c8e801c77246e389ab2.png

Waiting to be inducted with no lube

image.png.da39195d947493d6d9e3fa20dbc58bd2.png

The Council Chamber before it filled up.

image.png.6e21a145efe6b3a9afcd1129cbf17d72.png

One of the old hospital stair wells spruced up.

image.png.eb1ed389293d733fa76ee8ec0a202e1b.png

The long drop next to the third floor desks.

image.png.d819cddcde7bca5332ab56548fe73709.png

image.png.234f4d270450479fa82d485047d28c96.png

Looking out some of the windows whilst searching for a working printer.

image.png.641a678dfab3a225498e16d5a68d79d4.png

image.png.b0fcb217d52a4320baf877b47a578807.png

image.png.47f62a7e2554e6be6320cbaaed33a0c8.png

image.png.8e4c2cb7dff3cdc48d1c9ced59b9e580.png

image.png.a1a244d183720cfd3c8d74c6e3b3bbaa.png

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

New town hall induction this morning.

At 8am I pulled into our contractor's main yard and parked my bike in the cycle racks. The security bloke was new so demanded to know why I was there (there is a motorcycle workshop next door, so lots of bikes go in there by mistake). I patiently explained who I was, he didn't seem to grasp it, but when a big hairy Irishman walked past and shouted 'Hello Ian...Begorah Potato' to me, he cheered up and asked me to sign in.

I was all set to walk to Bow Road station and go a few stops to Whitechapel Station, but then I spotted someone who is building the new footway outside and he was heading there in 10 minutes, so I cadged a lift.

I got to Whitechapel, helped the bloke who gave me a lift to carry a load of barriers down the road then walked into the temporary entrance of what looks like a building site from the outside.

At 9:15 a load of us trooped into the Council Chamber and we got a brief talk about the building works, some of which we missed as the speakers were playing up. Then got told there is no parking, but 2 bays for disabled residents to use if prebooked in advance for an appointment. We were supposed to be given new ID cards/key fobs, but these hadn't arrived, so all doors are unlocked for the next week. I managed to leave without any sort of key stopping me, so the general public could do the same in reverse. As the general public there has a large percentage of drug addicts and prostitutes, this does not bode well.

With a final word that the Elephant Man's part of the building has been kept we then spent 10 minutes waiting for lifts to take us up to the 4th floor. With paper print outs of desk allocation not having any north point or road names on, confusion reigned for a while. I managed to log my lap top in and there was a request for me to print a plan for my boss when he came in. I sent it then found the single printer that the floor has as we are saving the planet. It didn't work, so it was a wander down to the 3rd floor to try and fin their one. That worked but the print was not the best, so it was all the way back up and try again. From now on, the lap top travels with me to the printer!

We had been told we had to9 unpack our crates asap, but on arrival no storage had been allocated to us, so they said to wait a few days. We just stuck a label on the nearest cupboards, whilst Environmental Health ran about shouting, this is mine, this is mine, this and this is mine etc.

We had a suicide at work last year, someone jumped from a high floor into a public area, so I was shocked to see desks next to a low wall above a long drop in this new building (see pics)

Upon leaving to head home I only walked into the same bloke who had given me a lift, jammy or what?. Unfortunately, he got nabbed to drive a large forklift around the block a few times to move pallets of setts to the main workers before we finally set off back to the yard to collect my bike.

The general area, described as vibrant. This is where the drug addicts stand all day. They had all left for dinner in a local charity when I took this.

image.png.6052dc81120f9c8e801c77246e389ab2.png

Waiting to be inducted with no lube

image.png.da39195d947493d6d9e3fa20dbc58bd2.png

The Council Chamber before it filled up.

image.png.6e21a145efe6b3a9afcd1129cbf17d72.png

One of the old hospital stair wells spruced up.

image.png.eb1ed389293d733fa76ee8ec0a202e1b.png

The long drop next to the third floor desks.

image.png.d819cddcde7bca5332ab56548fe73709.png

image.png.234f4d270450479fa82d485047d28c96.png

Looking out some of the windows whilst searching for a working printer.

image.png.641a678dfab3a225498e16d5a68d79d4.png

image.png.b0fcb217d52a4320baf877b47a578807.png

image.png.47f62a7e2554e6be6320cbaaed33a0c8.png

image.png.8e4c2cb7dff3cdc48d1c9ced59b9e580.png

image.png.a1a244d183720cfd3c8d74c6e3b3bbaa.png

That's an unusual place Yen!

Just now, XTreme said:

That's an unusual place Yen!

To be fair, it is a lovely building, but for me it's in the wrong location. All of my mob are required to bring a vehicle to work every day, one of the reasons I have to be careful speeding, I can get the sack if I lose my licence. We keep getting told that it is an ideal location because of the public transport links. There is no parking in the surrounding area, it is rammed, so if I go by car I have to park about 15 minutes away, then 10-15 minutes to get to a desk and log in, or leave and log out. A few trips out to site in a day and you've lost a few hours. If I use my bike I would not leave it out on the streets around there. When the hoardings are finally down I may find somewhere to put it where I consider it safe, but at the moment that is not an option. I do feel sorry for the people who have mobility issues or are in wheelchairs, they used to be allocated a space in the underground parking area and then take a lift to their desk. There are no such facilities here and even if dropped off by a cab, it's a long way from the nearest carriageway through the building to the work areas. My mate with one non working leg despite numerous operations who uses crutches will probably leave and find an alternative job.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The breathalyser one is the one that seems to be repeatedly printed incorrectly. They were dropped ages ago but they still sell them in kits and on the ferry claiming they are a legal requirement. 

where you going ,what you doing , who you going with , can i come ..are we there yet...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

where you going ,what you doing , who you going with , can i come ..are we there yet...

Load of mad women on Enfields as I understand it!

Fuck knows how many of them will actually make it without a recovery vehicle!

• Haha 2