I Remember When......

Tango

Yeh xtreme sort this shit out …

thought I was on a push bike forum the other day .. twats in Lycra shorts and that …. with little pointy saddles … stopping for iced coffee and cinnamon buns .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tango said:

this used to be a motorcycling forum. Just sayin'!

Valid point Bob!

Question for everybody......What changes do you think we need in order to get back to our roots?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Valid point Bob!

Question for everybody......What changes do you think we need in order to get back to our roots?

better sanitation 

• Haha 2

@XTreme why did you track down zzzak and invite him to join? You know he is a fruitcake and he was already off the rails at Maxbikes, he is even worse now. You also know that he brings out Tym’s worst qualities. Tym is bearable without zzzak but he is a fucktard when zzzak is spouting his crap. Zzzak isn’t a character, he is just a self medicating fruitcake who should be in an institution, the internet isn’t his friend and no one should encourage him to be online.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

@XTreme why did you track down zzzak and invite him to join? You know he is a fruitcake and he was already off the rails at Maxbikes, he is even worse now. You also know that he brings out Tym’s worst qualities. Tym is bearable without zzzak but he is a fucktard when zzzak is spouting his crap. Zzzak isn’t a character, he is just a self medicating fruitcake who should be in an institution, the internet isn’t his friend and no one should encourage him to be online.

I tracked down everybody that I could find from the past......after all, there's been misunderstandings over the years with a few people.....so it was a sort of new beginning.

Obviously I would hope that those individuals would post in a positive way on here given the gesture that's been made.

Just now, XTreme said:

I tracked down everybody that I could find from the past......after all, there's been misunderstandings over the years with a few people.....so it was a sort of new beginning.

Obviously I would hope that those individuals would post in a positive way on here given the gesture that's been made.

Not a chance.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

The guy can’t help himself, he is mental and most of the time he is high.

Come On No GIF by BBC

• Haha 3

I dunno,  you wont like 90% of posters, 100% of the time, your problem may be with this internet of things not Pete's forum, try running your own, how about make Tango a mod for a month, see what unicorn farts can do about the diesel shortage.

21 minutes ago, Tym said:

I dunno,  you wont like 90% of posters, 100% of the time, your problem may be with this internet of things not Pete's forum, try running your own, how about make Tango a mod for a month, see what unicorn farts can do about the diesel shortage.

Tango was a Mod on another forum......and probably the best one they ever had.

But this isn't the other forum......there's a much more volatile membership here, and it's a fact that a lot of people can't hack it.

So what do you do? Dumb it down and make it gentle so the guys with bike valets, manservants and butlers can cut the mustard?

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

Poor poor Bucky, I gave you a chance to dispute any of my claims in a serious debate  and you flounced then ran away, now all you can do is make wild accusations.

I used to think that you were playing along but now realize the truth.

My own thoughts... 

It's kinda touch and go.. Don't think you'll ever find a forum in wich you like everyone and material they post... But I've seen a few things even from my standards..were kinda offensive.....to me this world isn't real (internet)   and I don't dual and take anything personal from others... But I think if someone is getting out of line... A warning should be given and if they continue the path... Well so be it... 

Judge Joe Brown GIF

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marcel said:

My own thoughts... 

It's kinda touch and go.. Don't think you'll ever find a forum in wich you like everyone and material they post... But I've seen a few things even from my standards..were kinda offensive.....to me this world isn't real (internet)   and I don't dual and take anything personal from others... But I think if someone is getting out of line... A warning should be given and if they continue the path... Well so be it... 

Judge Joe Brown GIF

As I've said before, I don't always see every post here......and I don't follow every link that may be posted.

So if anybody here sees something which you feel is out of order than PM me and I'll deal with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

So what do you do? Dumb it down and make it gentle so the guys with bike valets, manservants and butlers can cut the mustard?

I feel that’s trivialising what’s going on. Folk arrive here expecting banter and bike talk (I’m pretty sure that’s what you want) and then see another less appealing darker tone and vote with their feet. 

It’s not about “hacking it” why hang around for something that you’re not enjoying?

Personally the antisemitism that’s given a platform here is too much for me. 
Some of my family fled persecution, some died and both my grandads fought for our freedom against oppression at a cost so great it’s still reverberating down the generations. The damage to the people who survived is beyond measure, the price they paid is horrific. 

I hope it’s always too soon to turn that into a joke. I hope lunatics who are given a platform to push damaging delusional rhetoric are given the message sharpish that it is not wanted or tolerated… and maybe they should see a Doc.

Encouragement to air their holocaust denying antisemitic conspiracy theorists views for clickbait is deplorable. Where there is acceptance of these views it creates the opportunity of being taken down a dangerous path. 

Allowing far right (or left) loons to dominate the course we’re taking while the people who think it’s disgusting say nothing because it’s easier or they might be accused of not hacking it in my book isn’t right.

But that’s just me.. and millions of others who desperately don’t want to demean the sacrifice that our parents and grandparents made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Allowing far right (or left) loons to dominate the course we’re taking while the people who think it’s disgusting say nothing because it’s easier or they might be accused of not hacking it in my book isn’t right.

I'm not talking about hacking it within the context of anti-semitism or anything else of that nature. I'm referring to it within the constraints of general banter.

Of course things like that are unacceptable, and as it is, I've spoken to the individual concerned and asked him to refrain from any more conspiracy stuff......whatever they may be.

There's only so much I can do on here given my real life commitments......so I'm going to appoint two Mods who will ensure nothing of that nature appears on here again.

• Like 4