I Remember When......

Tango

13 minutes ago, Tym said:

If you dont like it here with all due respect why did you show up only to dictate what and who says what?

Expressing your dismay at mad ravings and unpleasantness isn't dictating. It's usually the people with fixed extreme views that can't handle another person opinion if it doesn't align with their own.

I could demonstrate that easily by suggesting American gun laws are responsible for an increase in homicides in America. Would we have a reasoned discussion? Would you consider a different point of view? Or would I get attacked as a lefty woman (or whatever nonsense label is at the ready) who should shut up and go away because I'm .... fill in blanks with- a woman, stupid, a lefty, english, from the other forum, whatever the next bit of crazy is? 

You dont need to answer. Ad hominem Tym ad hominem.

• Like 3

@Tym @Tango @Slowlycatchymonkey

Let me clarify things here......because I can see both sides!

Firstly, the people who came in from the other place nearly two years ago actually came here because they were friends of mine. I've always appreciated them supporting me.......and I was actually quite humbled at the time because something like that had never happened before to that extent. The concerns they had about the content in question were absolutely correct, and I'm glad they raised these issues.

However, the way they were raised in terms of negative public threads wasn't the right way to do it. A PM to me would be more appropriate so I have the chance to deal with it.......rather than airing our dirty linen in public. And I would encourage members to do that in the future if you feel there's an issue that needs to be looked at.

Now that approach has caused Tym to make some points to you. Because he (and many of the others) have seen this before on other forums when people would deliberately start "rabble rousing" threads in an attempt to destabilise the place. I don't think for one minute that that was your intention......but it could be interpreted that way. It also doesn't help that the OP of one of those threads hasn't even posted in there since......apart from his assertion that the place is going downhill.

In terms of server stats the reverse is happening as I posted last week. So why does he say it's going downhill? Is it the issue that you have, or is it something else? I haven't got a clue! How am I supposed to deal with that? There's no specifics, no relevant links.....nothing!

Now can you see what I'm saying here? A PM with links to your relevant concern or issue is the correct way to do things.

Going forward we plan to get a couple of Mods in place.....unless the vote goes against having Mods. In which case I'd be saying......"What exactly is it you want? You complained things weren't being moderated and now you've voted against having Mods"?

Now just one final point! As you know, I carry all this myself in terms of cost, work, and maintenance. If it degenerates into the point where it becomes a burden then unfortunately this place will have to close it's doors for good.

I just have too much going on in my life (as you all know) to be stuck dealing with stuff like this! I've put everything in place for it to be a great forum......but ultimately it's down to the members to make that happen.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@Tym @Tango @Slowlycatchymonkey

Let me clarify things here......because I can see both sides!

Firstly, the people who came in from the other place nearly two years ago actually came here because they were friends of mine. I've always appreciated them supporting me.......and I was actually quite humbled at the time because something like that had never happened before to that extent. The concerns they had about the content in question were absolutely correct, and I'm glad they raised these issues.

However, the way they were raised in terms of negative public threads wasn't the right way to do it. A PM to me would be more appropriate so I have the chance to deal with it.......rather than airing our dirty linen in public. And I would encourage members to do that in the future if you feel there's an issue that needs to be looked at.

Now that approach has caused Tym to make some points to you. Because he (and many of the others) have seen this before on other forums when people would deliberately start "rabble rousing" threads in an attempt to destabilise the place.

I don't think for one minute that that was your intention......but it could be interpreted that way. It also doesn't help that the OP of one of those threads hasn't even posted in there since......apart from his assertion that the place is going downhill.

In terms of server stats the reverse is happening as I posted last week. So why does he say it's going downhill? Is it the issue that you have, or is it something else? I haven't got a clue! How am I supposed to deal with that? There's no specifics, no relevant links.....nothing!

Now can you see what I'm saying here? A PM with links to your relevant concern or issue is the correct way to do things.

Going forward we plan to get a couple of Mods in place.....unless the vote goes against having Mods. In which case I'd be saying......"What exactly is it you want? You complained things weren't being moderated and now you've voted against having Mods"?

Now just one final point! As you know, I carry all this myself in terms of cost, work, and maintenance. If it degenerates into the point where it becomes a burden then unfortunately this place will have to close it's doors for good.

I just have too much going on in my life (as you all know) to be stuck dealing with stuff like this! I've put everything in place for it to be a great forum......but ultimately it's down to the members to make that happen.

Hmm Switzerland obfuscates. 

Tango rabble rousing? 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

As for Tym, handling him with kid gloves doesn't work. He continues with his side swipes that I'm a woman, stupid, does my husband know I'm here looking for man, I'm English (who obviously all suck), I'm from the other forum, I'm a lefty and one of my favourites I'm the wrong colour. WTAF?! If you can get Tym to PM you his insults then dandy otherwise I will continue to respond if I see them. 

Buck was the one who raised concerns about the antisemitism. He is a long standing member. Pedro and Buck pointed out the difficulties in you bringing Zzzak back into the mix. All of those names are your old school. Putting all this on new members... meh

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hmm Switzerland obfuscates. 

Tango rabble rousing? 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

As for Tym, handling him with kid gloves doesn't work. He continues with his side swipes that I'm a woman, stupid, does my husband know I'm here looking for man, I'm English (who obviously all suck), I'm from the other forum, I'm a lefty and one of my favourites I'm the wrong colour. WTAF?! If you can get Tym to PM you his insults then dandy otherwise I will continue to respond if I see them. 

Buck was the one who raised concerns about the antisemitism. He is a long standing member. Pedro and Buck pointed out the difficulties in you bringing Zzzak back into the mix. All of those names are your old school. Putting all this on new members... meh

No.....Tango was specific and continued in the thread.....the other poster wasn't.  I'm not saying they were rabble rousing.....in fact I said they weren't but could be misinterpreted as such.

I'm not putting all this on new members......it applies to everybody. Just PM me your concerns if you see something unacceptable.

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....Tango was specific and continued in the thread.....the other poster wasn't.  I'm not saying they were rabble rousing.....in fact I said they weren't but could be misinterpreted as such.

I'm not putting all this on new members......it applies to everybody. Just PM me your concerns if you see something unacceptable.

Sorry Pete, I'm really not following the logic here. Starting a thread to point out that maybe we've lost our way a bit and we should all of us try to get back on track isn't rabble rousing in my mind? Raising it to the wider group seemed the most appropriate way of getting everyone to acknowledge it and maybe look at ways to make it happen. It is the elephant in the room, it won't go away by ignoring it.

I'm also not sure where else I could be accused of rabble rousing either? Maybe point me in the direction of said interaction? 

Anyway, enough rabble rousing, I've got homework to do.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

Sorry Pete, I'm really not following the logic here. Starting a thread to point out that maybe we've lost our way a bit and we should all of us try to get back on track isn't rabble rousing in my mind? Raising it to the wider group seemed the most appropriate way of getting everyone to acknowledge it and maybe look at ways to make it happen. It is the elephant in the room, it won't go away by ignoring it.

I'm also not sure where else I could be accused of rabble rousing either? Maybe point me in the direction of said interaction? 

See yet more trouble making from bad boy Tango. You cant help yourself can you 😆

lapincretin GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Tango said:

No.....you were never accused of rabble rousing Bob.....because you made a valid point. Which I agree with!

The other thread didn't......and the OP hasn't come back to clarify why exactly we're going down the pan.

Yes.....there's been issues. And as the only actual staff member I have to accept responsibility for that.

But I can't do it without peoples' help.......which is why I'd ask you to reconsider whether you want to accept the nomination.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....you were never accused of rabble rousing Bob.....because you made a valid point. Which I agree with!

The other thread didn't......and the OP hasn't come back to clarify why exactly we're going down the pan.

Yes.....there's been issues. And as the only actual staff member I have to accept responsibility for that.

But I can't do it without peoples' help.......which is why I'd ask you to reconsider whether you want to accept the nomination.

I think that everyone appreciates that you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, Pete, and could do with some assistance in keeping this place together, but I'm really not sure I could give it the time that it needs, mate. To do the job effectively I think that the individual needs the respect, banter aside, of ALL the members on the forum and clearly I don't have that, but there are others here, as well as @boboneleg, who can command that respect, if they are willing to take up the mantle.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

I think that everyone appreciates that you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, Pete, and could do with some assistance in keeping this place together, but I'm really not sure I could give it the time that it needs, mate. To do the job effectively I think that the individual needs the respect, banter aside, of ALL the members on the forum and clearly I don't have that, but there are others here, as well as @boboneleg, who can command that respect, if they are willing to take up the mantle.

OK......thanks Bob!

• Like 1

In response to those who advocate that the forum doesn't need moderators. You have insurance for your bike. You hope that you don't need it, but are glad of it when you do. 

Having a couple of mods to help spread the load from Pete is not a bad idea, but it's up to the members of the forum to make sure that they don't have much to do. Ideally they'd have bugger all to do, but we live in the real world! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tango said:

In response to those who advocate that the forum doesn't need moderators. You have insurance for your bike. You hope that you don't need it, but are glad of it when you do. 

Having a couple of mods to help spread the load from Pete is not a bad idea, but it's up to the members of the forum to make sure that they don't have much to do. Ideally they'd have bugger all to do, but we live in the real world! 

Yeh.....good points!

I never ruled out the idea of having Mods at some point......but nothing has ever arisen before that necessitated it happening.

But as we've grown and getting a lot more posts than a couple of years ago, now is probably the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....good points!

I never ruled out the idea of having Mods at some point......but nothing has ever arisen before that necessitated it happening.

But as we've grown and getting a lot more posts than a couple of years ago, now is probably the time.

Getting the right mods is the challenge! 😉😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So does this mean I can't post any of my shit?.... Shame I was gonna start a thread to try to figure out wich bike I will be selling... Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

That you can post and we will tell you which one you should be selling....

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So does this mean I can't post any of my shit?.

No.....shit is fine!

As long as the shit is not like the recent shit that got posted which got people bent out of shape.

• Haha 1