Hugger or no.

Saul

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

It's about the only place he's going to look young!

I sing in a male voice choir, I am a boy there 🤣   Like Gods waiting room most practice nights  🤣

• Haha 5

I will admit: I have had some wine

I have taken into account Saul's themed "2am creepy squint looking down at computer screen selfie while wife is asleep" and "boys choir" comment and I will now behave as I have grown and am aware that all I say is not funny the next day

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well I gave it some thought and after cleaning a load of crap off the rear shock for the 3rd or 4th time I have decided to go Hugger before the salt arrives.  A nice man from Parcel force brought me a box of goodies.   

IMG_8081.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well I gave it some thought and after cleaning a load of crap off the rear shock for the 3rd or 4th time I have decided to go Hugger before the salt arrives.  A nice man from Parcel force brought me a box of goodies.   

IMG_8081.jpg

Changing the sprocket as well?

Going to experiment with raising the gearing a little.  I am planning a TEC cam in the future but thought I would try the higher gearing first to see how the bike copes.  

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 19:58, Saul said:

I am toying with getting a hugger for my bike for the winter.  Worth it or just a decoration?   I will be cleaning the bike every week.

My scooter came with one fitted as standard, it does a good job of keeping the dirt off the suspension and bodywork. 

• Like 3

I'm going on a ride next week, and considering the weather forecast might be iffy, I just fitted a rear mudguard extension. Spent a little time trimming the excess plastic off so it wouldn't be much of an eye sore, and a little 3M pressure tape to protect the bars from chaffing, now I'm thinking I could have put two layers of it

IMG_7787.thumb.jpeg.f77bb0ad9dbdd5c368785fd6f361db70.jpeg

IMG_7788.thumb.jpeg.8d66bec6099a61428928a1fe7547e032.jpeg

IMG_7789.thumb.jpeg.b07b1c15060ce45dab07575aa856dd46.jpeg

This is with the wheel almost fully extended and it's the less clearance position. It does reduce clearance to the tire a lot, but considering these are TKC70 with 11000km I might still get away with fitting the mitas when the time comes. The main point of this is to protect the lower part of the shock, exposed to rocks and dirt, and also prevent some splash to the back of my boots and inner calves.

IMG_7786.thumb.jpeg.6b387adab516a0723f44e61d4b486457.jpeg

If it doesn't get ripped off when going offroad I'm happy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm going on a ride next week, and considering the weather forecast might be iffy, I just fitted a rear mudguard extension. Spent a little time trimming the excess plastic off so it wouldn't be much of an eye sore, and a little 3M pressure tape to protect the bars from chaffing, now I'm thinking I could have put two layers of it

IMG_7787.thumb.jpeg.f77bb0ad9dbdd5c368785fd6f361db70.jpeg

IMG_7788.thumb.jpeg.8d66bec6099a61428928a1fe7547e032.jpeg

IMG_7789.thumb.jpeg.b07b1c15060ce45dab07575aa856dd46.jpeg

This is with the wheel almost fully extended and it's the less clearance position. It does reduce clearance to the tire a lot, but considering these are TKC70 with 11000km I might still get away with fitting the mitas when the time comes. The main point of this is to protect the lower part of the shock, exposed to rocks and dirt, and also prevent some splash to the back of my boots and inner calves.

IMG_7786.thumb.jpeg.6b387adab516a0723f44e61d4b486457.jpeg

If it doesn't get ripped off when going offroad I'm happy.

Give it a run at motorway speeds to see if the tyre expands enough to touch it 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Give it a run at motorway speeds to see if the tyre expands enough to touch it 

It won't, it's more than the picture makes it look like. If it touches, it'll be when a beefier tire gets fitted.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It won't, it's more than the picture makes it look like. If it touches, it'll be when a beefier tire gets fitted.

I just suggested it because i was surprised how much a tyre can expand with centrifugal force at higher speeds 

• Like 2

On 24/10/2022 at 22:36, Saul said:

I'm not, been a slap head for to many years to care anymore.   One of my darling daughters reckons I look like a tortoise who has lost his shell in the pic below  🤣

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.323f25da03cfddab6ce676720d8ef126.jpg

are you @busabeast dad ?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I am yeah, 2 year old daughter....well I say 2 I'm sure she thinks she's 22

He was asking Saul if he was your dad

edit: if Saul is your dad, to make it clear…

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He was asking Saul if he was your dad

edit: if Saul is your dad, to make it clear…

imagine if the twat had got the mod job...

wipe gordon ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

• Haha 4

Just now, busabeast said:

At least I was in the running though, you never got anywhere near, I'm 3rd in line of succession unless Pete abdicates

i declined it .... id of romped it if i accepted my nomination ....

tell him @XTreme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1